List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this!!! Any excuse to screw with * and that smug Dodo just warms the cockles of my heart.

Also if the Doggies retain Dunkley without gain of first rounders they’ll be more inclined to swap their pick 14 for points. Something that would benefit us I would have thought (if they decide to do business with North that is).
I liked the diplomatic settlement to trade for Lachie Young - no point in burning bridges and relationships for the equivalent of pick 66 when there's other fish to fry

Hypothetically, if we got hold of Picks 7+8 as part of the Dunkley deal, would you guys do

Pick 2 + Pick 28 + future 2nd or 3rd
For
Pick 7 + Pick 8 + Pick 14

Or is McDonald too enticing?

There would be two parts of the trade, pick 2 and pick 14. 28 + early third round would be equivalent points wise to 14.

Moving into the top 2 is what would be the more complicated part, GWS paid 6 and 9 (moved up to 8 this year due to Fremantle's deficit) to move up their pick 6 to 4 last year. I think it would be exponentially more expensive to move from 4 to 3 to 2 to 1.

I think that trade looks decent in terms of points value, but it probably isn't enough to warrant the risk of passing up a McDonald or Hollands, some very good talent in the draft but with the Vics not playing this year it is probably a lot more speculative than it would otherwise have been.

Guess that's debatable, in essence I want to see us draft this bloke. Period

It's not really.

Max King was being talked about as a generational draft pick as young as 15 years old. Along with Rankine.

McDonald is more of a late bloomer, he was considered a first round pick at the start of the year. Not the #1/#2 draft pick.

Despite his WAFL form, he hasn't done it against the best of his age group ~ as strange as that sounds.

And the few times he's played on DGB, he's been beaten.

The WAFL isn't some unbelievable standard, especially with no AFL players running around in it.

Jesse Hogan's year in the VFL was statistically far more impressive than McDonalds year in the WAFL. So it's not exactly unprecedented.

Last edited:
Depends how the team rates the draft.

Rawlings did have a habit of down trading for multiple picks at WC. With success.
The only one I would consider for #2 is GC #5 and next year's first - still gets us access to one of the top 5 this year (probably Phillips, and I mean the 'available' top 5, not JUH) and improve our position next year in a draft more transparent in terms of demonstrated performance

Wont be a popular opinion but I think Id prefer to use the definition of "market value" from the dictionary the doggies and GWS are using rather than the one North is using.

*Guess*
If we lose Treloar & Stephenson and gain Logan Macdonald.

On Treloar & Stephensons current performance; you would expect Logan to kick at least 400 goals in his career.

Are we really gonna bank on a young kid to that extent?

Stephenson could kick 400 himself ffs. It’s not worth it imo.

Wow

There was far greater hype around Max King than Logan McDonald.

King was seen as a potential superstar from the u/15's onwards.

Ben was every bit as good as DGB (probably better) in his draft years and Max still went ahead of him at #4 despite doing an ACL at the start of his top age year in the strongest draft of the decade,

JUH is a better comparison to Max King in terms of underage hype.

King would have gone #1 ahead of Lukosious and Rankine had he not been injured. Without a doubt.

Max was putting up double digit shots on goal in most of his matches towards the end of his bottom age year.

Can confirm
Picked up Port Adelaides Melbourne based recruiter and he said M King 1, daylight second

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Time to update your sig 'Toes:

"We hate Essendon!" - Michael Firrito 2016
"We hate Richmond!" – Jarrad Waite 2018
"We hate North Melbourne!" - Damien Barrett 2020

Brilliant mate :tearsofjoy: annnnnnnnnnnd DONE!

As a minimum for any club to move up to pick 2, I would be expecting a 2021 1st round pick and dependent on where their 2020 first(or firsts) are, is dependent on what other picks we get vs give up.
Remember, clubs wont take that many picks to the draft this year, therefore a super quality pick is even more valuable than in the past (at least IMO).

To give up pick 2 to the swans, I am asking for 3 and 2021 first.
to give up pick 2 to the suns, I am asking for 5, 2021 first and a pick in the 20s
to give up pick 2 to Essendon, I am asking for 6,7 and 2021 first.

I cant think of any other club we would consider trading pick 2 for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meh I still take Hollands, DGB or Campbell.

I'm actually warming to the 2+31 + 2021 R4 > Swans > 3, 2021 R1 (and still get Hollands) scenario.

I would be happy with McDonald, Hollands or GDB, I wouldn't be opposed to dropping down to #3 if we got some value out of it.

Love this!!! Any excuse to screw with * and that smug Dodo just warms the cockles of my heart.

Also if the Doggies retain Dunkley without gain of first rounders they’ll be more inclined to swap their pick 14 for points. Something that would benefit us I would have thought (if they decide to do business with North that is).

* do have three high first rders now

There was far greater hype around Max King than Logan McDonald.

King was seen as a potential superstar from the u/15's onwards.

Ben was every bit as good as DGB (probably better) in his draft years and Max still went ahead of him at #4 despite doing an ACL at the start of his top age year in the strongest draft of the decade,

JUH is a better comparison to Max King in terms of underage hype.

King would have gone #1 ahead of Lukosious and Rankine had he not been injured. Without a doubt.

Max was putting up double digit shots on goal in most of his matches towards the end of his bottom age year.
Max is the best young forward I've seen in recent years.

How Higgins will get to Cats
JON RALPH
Geelong is expected to hand over its No.30 draft pick for North Melbourne's Shaun Higgins.
The Herald Sun understands the Cats are prepared to use that selection, having secured it from Carlton in the Lachie Fogarty trade.
The Cats handed over pick 38 for 30 and 51 in this year's draft.
The Cats are aware of how potent Higgins would be on the half forward flank, effectively replacing Gary Ablett.
The Roos have always wanted a quality pick given their acceptance that Higgins is heading home to Geelong for family reason.

Higgins for 30 is fair. I'd still rather keep a player of his skill though - it's not like he's going to soak up 850k/season for the next 5 years. But if it works out better for him, maybe it can be a win-win scenario. It wouldn't upset me if he got to win a flag (as long as Dangerflog was suspended for the GF and missed out).

We need to get Melbourne's 26 and 31 for Brown at a minimum.

We end up with:
2, 11, 26, 28, 30, 31, 70, 71, 81
Try to trade some of those picks for more picks inside the top 20.
And try to use the PSD pick 2 well.

Higgins for 30 is fair. I'd still rather keep a player of his skill though - it's not like he's going to soak up 850k/season for the next 5 years. But if it works out better for him, maybe it can be a win-win scenario. It wouldn't upset me if he got to win a flag (as long as Dangerflog was suspended for the GF and missed out).

We need to get Melbourne's 26 and 31 for Brown at a minimum.

We end up with:
2, 11, 26, 28, 30, 31, 70, 71, 81
Try to trade some of those picks for more picks inside the top 20.
And try to use the PSD pick 2 well.

Agree it's fair but we don't need to do fair.... fair means we keep him.... something special means we trade

Pick 2 = Generational Key Position Forward.

No wonder everyone is sniffing around, but we haven't heard squat from the Club- which in itself is fantastic.

If Adelaide don't take him, he's a lock.
So happy we didn’t get screwed out of pick 2 with the whole Crouch thing.
At least we know we will be getting a gun no matter who Adelaide take at #1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back