List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Its all linked to Stevo hopefully.. Collingwood just need to agree with it now

You can try and spin it anyway you like all we did was move up 2 spots and get pick 33 and lose spots in the 4th round so we aren’t using that 4th for anything this year.
We could have effectively taken pick 33 and walked away better off.
There is no spinning this as anything but other than a reaming.

The people saying “North got robbed” or “Melbourne got a steal” are the same people that said Ben Brown is not worth a 1st rounder let alone a 2nd rounder.

GAGF.

NO to Tom Phillips. Do not need another Polec like crab on our list

might be a thrown in similar to polec/pittard. Stevo wants to come.
Pittard at least fitted a need, Phillips isn't replacing Polec, Stephenson (maybe) or Dumont on the wing and he cannot play anywhere else. This seems more like the Tyson deal again. Depth for depth's sake and he's just wasting a list spot.

You can try and spin it anyway you like all we did was move up 2 spots and get pick 33 and lose spots in the 4th round so we aren’t using that 4th for anything this year.
We could have effectively taken pick 33 and walked away better off.
There is no spinning this as anything but other than a reaming.

Im not spinning it, thats the way the club is.. Post trade not specifically the Brown trade.

Guys, something is off about this one. Is there a genuine risk there with his knee?
If not, then we've done very well here.

I'd rather we fleece some of the campaigner clubs instead of you guys (assuming he's 100%) but it's done now.

All the best with your rebuild, get the right coach and you'll be back sooner rather than later. Your list age profile will be synchronised too.

He passed the medical, I just don't think he can realistically do ruck work any longer so I think it creates issues with our forward structure, we can't keep going with Zurhaar as the backup ruck, can't really play two dinosaurs in the forward 50.

Congrats lads, you’ve just handed Melbourne pick 14 🙄

Yep.

With 25 & 28 now that's a distinct possibility.

It trumps any combo of 26,30,33.

That move to get Sydney's #25 may have been to specifically get a pick ahead of our best second rounder.

Guys, something is off about this one. Is there a genuine risk there with his knee?

I'd rather we fleece some of the campaigner clubs instead of you guys (assuming he's 100%) but it's done now.

All the best with your rebuild, get the right coach and you'll be back sooner rather than later. Your list age profile will be synchronised too.

If he recaptures his best form and fits into your forward structure, you've probably made out like bandits. If not and we can flip the draft picks for him and Higgins into something them we'll look ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone with a bit of ITK Tassie connections claimed the knee is ****ed yesterday or the day before. In the Ben Brown thread, make of it what you will, but this person was very upset at losing BBB and had a change of heart.

Crap deal. Can only be rectified by turning 26 into Stephenson.

He would want to pull something out of the hat.

The post season is currently as bad as the season.

So lads. Brad Johnson was right. Brad ******* Johnson.
Might have a break for an hour or two.

the one positive from the brown trade is they didn't bring in any melbourne shitmen. lord knows we've had our share of once promising players turned into worthless plodders by their awful football department.

Only positive is he's finally gone and we can focus on a more well rounded game plan.

No one wants him. take your goggles off and relax everyone.

Someone with a bit of ITK Tassie connections claimed the knee is f’ed yesterday or the day before. In the Ben Brown thread, make of it what you will, but this person was very upset at losing BBB and had a change of heart.

Maybe I should ring his family or the orthopaedic surgeon he sees down here and find out 🧻🧻🧻

I must be the only one OK with the Ben Brown trade. Clean slate.
I’m glad we didn’t re-offer the $850K x 3.
BB and Rama then checked the market and North’s revised value was approximately correct. No one other than Melb wanted him so we had no leverage. So I’m ok with the outcome. Move on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back