List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

If i could be bothered i'd spend the next 6 hours on social media replying to all the Collingwood nuffies who said it wasn't happening or needed to include our pick 2 or 11.
You know what if Cam Joyce and Brad Scott was still at the club we’d have handed over picks 2&11 for JS.

Am I the only one who thinks he's only worth a late 2nd rounder even without the salary dump? This is a boom or bust trade.

Every trade is boom or bust in some way. He played his best football in the midfield as a junior, hasn't played there as an AFL player. We have LDU and Bonar as valuable insight as well as work we have done with him in his draft year at the club. I think we should have a decent idea of what we are getting.

Collingwood farewell Stephenson, Bosenavulagi

The Pies have released a statement on the departure of Jaidyn Stephenson and Atu Bosenavulagi.

Collingwood list manager Ned Guy said the deal reflected the club's assessment of the strength of the 2020 national draft and the mutual view that a fresh start for Stephenson could help him rediscover his game.

"Firstly, on behalf of Collingwood I would like to thank Jaidyn and Atu for their service.

"Jaidyn lit our attack - and the game - up for a time and we hope he can recapture that form. We wish both players well," Guy said.

"Secondly, we hold the view that this year’s draft represents an opportunity to bring some excellent talent into the program. This deal improves significantly our ability to do that."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood farewell Stephenson, Bosenavulagi

The Pies have released a statement on the departure of Jaidyn Stephenson and Atu Bosenavulagi.

Collingwood list manager Ned Guy said the deal reflected the club's assessment of the strength of the 2020 national draft and the mutual view that a fresh start for Stephenson could help him rediscover his game.

"Firstly, on behalf of Collingwood I would like to thank Jaidyn and Atu for their service.

"Jaidyn lit our attack - and the game - up for a time and we hope he can recapture that form. We wish both players well," Guy said.

"Secondly, we hold the view that this year’s draft represents an opportunity to bring some excellent talent into the program. This deal improves significantly our ability to do that."
Worst spin ever.
Math. It's simple. Salary cap is a thing.
Poor management.

Thinking back to when we pushed De Goey’s value through the roof and this has ended up bearing fruit for us.
Very hopeful that this will be a very beneficial trade in the long run.
Good work boys. Can’t wait for Damo’s spin on this.
In hindsight, we were playing 4D chess haha
Stephenson is a much better pick up than De Goey

Listening to Jaidyn Stephenson AFL Trade Radio they really treated him like s**t.

He sounds like he's got a point to prove and really wants to give them the middle finger with what he might achieve over his career for us.

Our biggest achievement so far has been attracting 4 players to our club after finishing 17 and having no senior coach. And the 2 players we lost were basically pushed out the door. My only gripe so far has been the BBB compensation.
Pick 33 for a player contracted on 500k for 3 years sound about right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back