List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would you be spewing if the Suns are only going to use one pick this year?

The real cost is R1 next year but if they have elite talent locked up already they may not need to use a first rounder next year.
So if the Suns finish bottom 5 as i think they will are you seriously saying in a super draft apparently they wont need their first pick next year surly not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like if we keep them it'll be as Rookies
2 rookie spots allows what 6 to be taken at draft or PSD and then we have 2 spots to take to the mid season draft.
Setting ourselves up nicely to take some really good talent this year.

If a bid comes in the top two they will likely have a trade lined up (trade down for points, gain a 2021 first etc) or they just won't match. They're not just going to blow pick 3 on him if they don't think he's a top three player in the pool.

I don't really understand why it's our job to keep another club honest though. If we don't have Campbell ranked 1 or 2 on our board then why would we bid on him and risk leaving someone we like better on the board?

I don’t understand the constant dismissal of BC credentials to be a top 3 pick, I would be over the moon if we grab BC with our first pick, worse to come from bidding is BC goes for a fair price. I hope Sydney don’t match if we were to bid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree. Raynor way overrated imo.
Nah, Rayner is a solid impact player now and will still be an excellent player overall. I give it a fair chance that in either 21 or 22 he has a season like Petracca did this year and everyone will be surprised when they really shouldn't be. The little signs are there.

Nah, Rayner is a solid impact player now and will still be an excellent player overall. I give it a fair chance that in either 21 or 22 he has a season like Petracca did this year and everyone will be surprised when they really shouldn't be. The little signs are there.
I agree. High expectations of talented kids often leads to initial disappointment, then they kick on and justify their pick.

Have I got this right?

We have 10 spots remaining (max 5 main list).

Our draft picks are 2, 11, 30, 39, 71.
Pick 71 is likely to come in. So we are likely to use all five. This means EVW and WW will at best be offered rookie spots.

We will have multiple opportunities to draft rookies this and next year. If we keep both EVW and WW we will only have 3 spots left for rookies. However we will want to keep rookie spots open after the upcoming draft in December to sneak in picks before the 2021 draft.

Last edited:
I don’t understand the constant dismissal of BC credentials to be a top 3 pick, I would be over the moon if we grab BC with our first pick, worse to come from bidding is BC goes for a fair price. I hope Sydney don’t match if we were to bid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm sure Blakey will know just how good Campbell is and how highly rated he is by the COLAs and that knowledge will be factored heavily into whether we bid on him.

If he's a genuine standout we should bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back