List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked him in his draft year as a classy outside mid, but he has not developed at all at AFL level. Terrible composure and decision making when under any sort of pressure and his training standards aren't up to scratch. Won't make it as a genuine mid and doesn't have the tank to be a wingman.

Hard pass.
Ruptured his achilles at the end of June so would only be half way through his rehab.

In other news.

Alex Rance hasn't been removed from Richmonds list yet.
how many more years does he have left on the contract?

i dont get why crows would do this
moving up 3 spots on a 4th rounder? but giving up a future fourth to do so

they are going to pick hinge up as a delisted free agent. Reckon this was abit of sweetener for the lions not to offer him a contract. Basically it’s a player trade after trade period

I wouldn't say comfortably.

I think he's been given a bit more latitude than some other young players on here because of his ability to attack the ball and take some players on and his hardness.

He was very good in patches, but he also turned the ball over more than anyone at stages, if it was another player they would have been crucified.

He has a bit of work to do on his decision making and kicking.

Promising signs, yes, but far from a best 22 lock imo.

Corr - Tarrant - ???
McDonald - McKay - ???

Are locks.

The ??? could be made up of any combination of Perez, Atley, Hayden, Young and even J.Walker.

Then we might draft someone like Nik Cox.

I think Perez was far more impressive than Hayden if we are being brutally honest, especially considering he was a first year player, off no football in 2 years and no pre-season and no state league football to tune up. His last game before his AFL debut was as in the u/17's.
From that backline you've listed, Perez and Hayden fill the other two roles imo predominantly because they provide the best balance. Hayden as a lockdown small to play on the likes of Cameron, Papley etc, and Perez as another classy running half-back because you can never have too many of them.

Atley and Walker on the pine. Atley as a versatile plug and play player who can fulfill a couple of different roles, and likewise Walker, who can be a tall that can be thrown to either end, especially if Comben or McDonald/Thilthorpe (if we go that way) aren't ready.

Daw, maybe.

But that's not my point.

My point is, using 'Best 22' as a metric is not exactly a valid measurement of a player at this point in time for the club.

You said six! Daw would be no chance.... has bmac tarrant corr and walker all ahead of him... and disagree if they aren't going to be best 22 no point holding on

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yet we have posters here saying with the intimate knowledge of the Swans and Adelaide (etc) we would know talent that got delisted from their lists.

/boggle

Intimate knowledge doesn't mean we would scoop them up though....they would be able to assist as to their downfalls and reason for delisting to see if there was any chance we could turn them around

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't say comfortably.

I think he's been given a bit more latitude than some other young players on here because of his ability to attack the ball and take some players on and his hardness.

He was very good in patches, but he also turned the ball over more than anyone at stages, if it was another player they would have been crucified.

He has a bit of work to do on his decision making and kicking.

Promising signs, yes, but far from a best 22 lock imo.

Corr - Tarrant - ???
McDonald - McKay - ???

Are locks.

The ??? could be made up of any combination of Perez, Atley, Hayden, Young and even J.Walker.

Then we might draft someone like Nik Cox.

I think Perez was far more impressive than Hayden if we are being brutally honest, especially considering he was a first year player, off no football in 2 years and no pre-season and no state league football to tune up. His last game before his AFL debut was as in the u/17's.
The 2 question marks will be filled by Kyron and Perez in the first instance.

Both showed more than enough last year across a number of metrics.

Young will start on the bench as the 7th defender then Atley and Bonar are next in line in case of injury.

J Walker won't be used back unless one of Taz, McKay, Corr are injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if AFL house will get involved if they can't resolve it.

If Collingwood were saying they would pay ~300k per year when the bulldogs agreed to the trade and now are trying to weasel out on it then that's pretty ******* poor behaviour. Reflects worse on the AFL than Collingwood though, how the * is it not a requirement to have fully completed contracts ready to go when the deal is signed off by them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back