List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard sos being interviewed on sen about list management a while ago, his take on what NM was that we’d need mature players with experience in the twos as well as the seniors and that we would probably go for a couple of older players to fill that need. In regards to Wood it’s probably a good fit, make him slog it out in the twos and fill that need, it’s not likely but there is also a small chance he my come good.
He’ll be playing on bugger all $ so why not.
Because we just delisted him for various reasons and bringing him back is just idiotic.
Save the space for a kid who may actually push for a consistent best 22 spot in their career.

I'm sure we could probably get a couple of recent delistees to sign on for the VFL side without needing to waste a list spot on them.

Going to be tougher than other years to get a second chance so I assume most would be open to a VFL spot to try and work back in that way.

Maybe we saw the list of delisted free agents in the end and thought Wood could be the best of the lot available. Depth if anything really. To be fair I thought our club had the best bunch of delisted players

Think that perception skewed a little bit by the fact that most of them had played a bit of footy and at some stage actually showed something.

Heard sos being interviewed on sen about list management a while ago, his take on what NM was that we’d need mature players with experience in the twos as well as the seniors and that we would probably go for a couple of older players to fill that need. In regards to Wood it’s probably a good fit, make him slog it out in the twos and fill that need, it’s not likely but there is also a small chance he my come good.
He’ll be playing on bugger all $ so why not.

l wouldnt mind him running around in the VFL on rookie wages. He may do nothing but he may do something. With a nearly complete new coaching staff and Noble as coach he might get something out of him. The guys got to much talent to right off eventhough he deserves it.. People say he might need a fresh start, well, what we now have is nearly that, a lot of new players, new coaching staff and heaps of players gone. So l would take him..

We will already have Campbell, Tyson, Hall, Garner and Atley in contention for the last 5 or 6 positions in the B22 imo, which means a few of them are likely to play in the VFL each week.

In the old days, Tyson would have been odds on to be appointed captain of the reserves.
I think you could potentially add Josh Walker and Kayne Turner to that list - we actually have decent experience in depth roles to look after the young guys in both levels of football.

Mason Wood = The dead

Mason Wood = The dead
Mason Wood = The Not Go There

Mason Wood = The Not Go There
Mason Wood = The shoulda, coulda

Mason wood = the drift

I think you could potentially add Josh Walker and Kayne Turner to that list - we actually have decent experience in depth roles to look after the young guys in both levels of football.

We need a lot more for VFL and depth

We don’t need to redraft him under the current rules.

Clubs have made their intentions to rerookie players public like we did with Walker.

Also, Woods radio interview didn’t give the impression he will be re-rookied unless this was a specific request of Noble. (Which I doubt)
I do recall when Wood had that good season a few years back that Brisbane threw the kitchen sink at him. But not sure if Noble was there then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mason Wood =

Attachments

• 8612465E-3361-4EF0-AC36-D5ED906F6418.jpeg
    8612465E-3361-4EF0-AC36-D5ED906F6418.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 68
Mason Wood =
True, but I'd hate to put a knock on him.

We will already have Campbell, Tyson, Hall, Garner and Atley in contention for the last 5 or 6 positions in the B22 imo, which means a few of them are likely to play in the VFL each week.

In the old days, Tyson would have been odds on to be appointed captain of the reserves.
None of those players you mention will be B22 come Round 1 if we have a clean injury list.

Our VFL team should be very competitive given the mix of senior and more junior players to run through there.

Mason Wood - The Lose My s**t If I Ever See Him In Our Jumper Again.

None of those players you mention will be B22 come Round 1 if we have a clean injury list.

Our VFL team should be very competitive given the mix of senior and more junior players to run through there.
From what i gather we dont even have any players signed for our vfl team for next year along with no coach yet

Just on Knightmare, remember that when TT gets his first All Australian, we'll be getting a squad together to do a coorfdinated mass s**t on his front lawn that spells out TARRYN THOMAS

Last edited:

At the least Garner will be if he isn't injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back