List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Operation second chance.
  • Brown -> Melbourne for #26 + #31 (Preuss pick :drunk:)
  • Higgins + #28 -> #20 + Constable
  • #20 + #26 -> #8 (Dogs get for Dunkley) -> more points for them
  • #2 -> #6, #7, Ess 2021 2RD
  • Essendon 2021 2RD -> Dow (Carlton)
  • North 2021 2Rd -> Stephenson (Collingwood)
Outcome:
  • Constable, Dow, Stephenson
  • Draft picks: #6, #7, #8, #31
Back in our development coaches. Low/Mod risk -> High Reward

1604671240717.png

Is it a real deal? Or media fabricated? Serious question BTw.

Yeah, a lot of complaining about the media for making up trades that don't suit us, but believing the same media if it's something we like. Agree it seems reasonably fair, but I'll only believe it when it's officially done.

Operation second chance.
Outcome:

I don't think you've made * bleed enough. I'd be starting with their first next year. If they really want #2, they'll have to include it in any deal, or see ya later.

Maybe 6, a second this year, and first next year for #2. If you believe what is written and there is a clear top five, it has to be something too good to refuse to part with pick #2.

Don't mind the rest of it, though Dow should come a bit cheaper than that, would give him a go.

Operation second chance.
Outcome:

View attachment 1005347

No thanks and what have you done pick 11
Stephenson is a one trick pony and has issues outside footy.
* deal has to include their 21 1st rounder to get us to even think about it

Keep in mind that clubs can only take as many picks to the draft as there are vacancies on their list. In other words, we can't expect the Dogs to accept four picks for 14.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When is the deadline for this though ie by the start of draft night they can't carry in more picks than spots..... although we don't even know that figure as yet!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

20 and 38 for Higgins and 28 is a fair deal.

Geelong will be shi**y ofcoarse because they would have expected us to bend over and lube ourselves up.

Yes we don't need to do it for a fair deal.... it needs to be in our favour otherwise we keep our contracted player and they can wait another year and get him a lot cheaper when he is ooc

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Take a breath.

It’s about as fair a deal as I’ve seen for a North player this silly season. Turns our second into a late first and gives us another pick in the top 40... for a 33 year old.
agree - I posted the points calculator in the Higgo thread - it values him at 28, which you can't quibble with given his age

According to Trash Radio yesterday the “mega deal” proposed we give up 2 for 6 and 7 and that was overs according to those nutjobs.
I agree if the * want 2 they hand over the firsts this year and next years as well or we just happily sail into the sunset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Trash Radio yesterday the “mega deal” proposed we give up 2 for 6 and 7 and that was overs according to those nutjobs.
I agree if the * want 2 they hand over the firsts this year and next years as well or we just happily sail into the sunset.

It all depends on what our draft plans are, where we think they land and if the 2 first means we can improve on what the 2 will get us.

If the 2 gets us a player we want strongly enough that wont go past pick 5 then its of no value.

or 43 and Pruess for 31

31 added to us in the Brown trade

43 added to the cats in the Cameron trade
43 added to us in the Higgins trade

Calm down.

No thanks and what have you done pick 11
Stephenson is a one trick pony and has issues outside footy.
* deal has to include their 21 1st rounder to get us to even think about it
It appears I've lost pick 11 :drunk:

Stephenson has but he's a highly rated player that did have to deal with Glandular Fever this year. I'm not sure people understand how much that knocks you about - a further example of this is how many threw McKay under the bus and dismissed it as if it wasn't a factor.

People are too impatient. A year ago a lot of people were ready to call LDU a failure. Now supporters would fight to the death to keep him.

It's too early to write off players like Dow and Stephenson. Also, at this point in time we can't afford to be too picky with players around that age. It could fasten up our rebuild. I'd rather try my hand with players that were rated ~top 5 in their draft years vs. 2nd round picks that = slow mids like Dumont or flankers that you hope develop into mids one day.

It appears I've lost pick 11 :drunk:

Stephenson has but he's a highly rated player that did have to deal with Glandular Fever this year. I'm not sure people understand how much that knocks you about - a further example of this is how many threw McKay under the bus and dismissed it as if it wasn't a factor.

People are too impatient. A year ago a lot of people were ready to call LDU a failure. Now supporters would fight to the death to keep him.

It's too early to write off players like Dow and Stephenson. Also, at this point in time we can't afford to be too picky with players around that age. It could fasten up our rebuild. I'd rather try my hand with players that were rated ~top 5 in their draft years vs. 2nd round picks that = slow mids like Dumont or flankers that you hope develop into mids one day.

The internet gives the clueless the right to an opinion.

Last edited:
I’ve read several places that Jed’s negotiations have always taken a while and that what’s happening isn’t unusual
he was up in the NT barra fishing the last time his negotiations were being done prolly not great phone reception for his manager to get back to him, they never really got finalised til he got back. good chance the same thing is happening now.

Brad Johnson ok BB - “second rounder”

Brad Johnson on Dunkley - “will change your club, an outstanding acquisition and possible the greatest player of all time”

w***er

Remove this Banner Ad

Back