List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Brown for Stephenson is a good net result.
It would be Brown for Stephenson and a second round pick which would be not great but not terrible, considering no one including North wanted Ben next year except Melbourne.

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes.

We have 26, 30 , 33.

I think the Brown deal has effectively sunk any pick swap with the WB unless we are throwing in future picks.

No combination of those picks will be good enough for the Dogs if we take Stephenson and I don't think Collingwood will cop #33 with those two other picks in our hand.

Melbourne or Adelaide are front runners for the Dogs pick imo.

#30 for Stevo and take 26 & 33 to the draft.

As much as I'd like #14, this is the year that the gems will be spread

The Brisbane Lions trade Alex Witherden and R5 (86) to the West Coast Eagles for R3 (58),Future R3 Selection.
If we don't get Stephenson the microwaves are going to be out in force. I kind decide if it's more disappointing or hilarious. Ah well, I'm still convinced we're on the right track list-wise, even if losing Browny and Higgo for sfa is a bit soul-crushing.

We were ok with Higgins, lost a bit on brown but not as shafted as some say, won with Young and Corr

Stephenson means we will get a "C" grade from the "list managers" but personally I am happy

TurnoverMerchant

Vanilla Campaigner
Jul 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not sure how you blokes only got that for Ben brown yet special officer doofy went for pick 7 and he’s a worse footballer

Best of luck on getting Stephenson and not giving up much
Most of us are fuming, but it is part of this long rebuild. We have to take the good with the bad.

Apr 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I may throw up if we miss on Stephenson and end up with Tom Phillips. Coupled with the meagre Brown compensation, we'd have been better off packing up the trade shop yesterday.

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
OKAY so I know for a fact that we had genuine concerns over BBB's knee but I am speechless at this trade... The only way this possibly makes any sense to me is if his knee is genuinely ****ed for good.

Ben Brown's message

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1605156872640.png

North make opening offer for Stephenson
By Sam McClure

North Melbourne have made an opening offer to Collingwood for Jaidyn Stephenson.

The Kangaroos have offered a second-round selection, currently pick 28, for Stephenson, who sources say has been offered a five-year contract to join Arden St.

Collingwood would like more for Stephenson, who was taken at pick five in the 2017 draft and won the Rising Star award that year.

North Melbourne have picks two and 11 in the first round of this year's draft but are adamant they won't be giving up either of those for a player who they believe Collingwood are forcing out.

Negotiations are continuing.

Back