List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope

still holding out for Schultz or Banfield from freo uncontracted or Narkle

Strange that they haven't signed Schultz yet given they knew we were after him.... what was the apparent post on Freo board... saying Freo simply couldn't match our offer? Is that why he isn't signed.... will have an abundance for once of smalls in turn jmah and r2.... but r2 can play hb... as has been talk of turner there too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope

still holding out for Schultz or Banfield from freo uncontracted or Narkle

I was huge on Banfield as he had some great numbers as an U/18 mid
Needs to go back to WAFL/VFL/SANFL and rack up those numbers again, I’d be reluctant for anything other than Rookie

We had Dumont and Daw while they were facing charges, and recruited Marley Williams after he was convicted.

Can't see him being delisted unless he's in jail, tbh.

A convicted criminal has
Didn't seem to get in the way of Pickett.... pies supporters would like it as they would be able to relate to him better....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the era of cancel culture and #metoo a violent or sexual crime against a woman of any nature is considered worse than what Pickett did. It will be hard for them to justify keeping him on the list if he is found guilty, even if what he did was tame.

jump on Twitter anytime Wayne Carey commentates it’s one after the other having a fit that he is on tv even though he has been as far as we know squeaky clean the past decade.

I was huge on Banfield as he had some great numbers as an U/18 mid
Needs to go back to WAFL/VFL/SANFL and rack up those numbers again, I’d be reluctant for anything other than Rookie

The guy can’t kick and struggled to break into the freo team.

Do you have them in the finals? If not it's a top 10 pick. IMO they're another year away from that without a lot of good luck.

If they stay healthy they could finish pretty close to the 8 , is a pick around 8-10 next year and 5 this year as likely to produce a truly exceptional talent as a pick 2, yes two great players is good but at some stage we need truly elite players, I am hesitant to give that chance up

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If they stay healthy they could finish pretty close to the 8 , is a pick around 8-10 next year and 5 this year as likely to produce a truly exceptional talent as a pick 2, yes two great players is good but at some stage we need truly elite players, I am hesitant to give that chance up

The question is do our recruiting team see that truly elite talent in this pool? Or do they see an evenness across the top 5? Or is it a lottery because Thilthorpe, DGB and McDonald got to play games, Hollands was recovering from a reco and JUH and Phillips didn't get to play at all?

What if Phillips had played this year as Oakleigh's primary mid, without Rowell and Anderson, and average 30+ and a goal or two a game, which was not beyond the realms of possibility given his underage year performances? What if McDonald played on true KPP's in the WAFL and not blokes 187 - 190cm tall?

Personally i think there is so much grey in this draft, so many unanswered questions, that a drop of three places, another first and some nice change for pick 2 would be a savvy move and could accelerate our rebuild by 1 year.

The question is do our recruiting team see that truly elite talent in this pool? Or do they see an evenness across the top 5? Or is it a lottery because Thilthorpe, DGB and McDonald got to play games, Hollands was recovering from a reco and JUH and Phillips didn't get to play at all?

What if Phillips had played this year as Oakleigh's primary mid, without Rowell and Anderson, and average 30+ and a goal or two a game, which was not beyond the realms of possibility given his underage year performances? What if McDonald played on true KPP's in the WAFL and not blokes 187 - 190cm tall?

Personally i think there is so much grey in this draft, so many unanswered questions, that a drop of three places, another first and some nice change for pick 2 would be a savvy move and could accelerate our rebuild by 1 year.

You can't beat the eye test.

Most folks fall for the media hype.

How sure are you that pick 2 will prove to be a truly exceptional player and pick 5 will not?

And while sure we should be aiming for exceptional after this year it really will be a turkey shoot.

Trading down from 2 to 5 + 2021 first round spreads our ability to take shots at the first round while keeping us in the top 5 being touted as elite this year.

How sure are you that pick 2 will prove to be a truly exceptional player and pick 5 will not?

And while sure we should be aiming for exceptional after this year it really will be a turkey shoot.

Trading down from 2 to 5 + 2021 first round spreads our ability to take shots at the first round while keeping us in the top 5 being touted as elite this year.

Phillips & Granger-Barrass WILL be good AFL footballers mate.

Hollands is very likely also mate.

I think we are bulletproof if we get one of these 3 in the top 2 or 5.

Phillips & Granger-Barrass WILL be good AFL footballers mate.

Hollands is very likely also mate.

I think we are bulletproof if we get one of these 3 in the top 2 or 5.

That's kinda my point.

What trading from 2 to 5 would actually cost is choice rather than a shot at high end talent.

2 affords us the ability to take the kid who has high end talent and is most likely to serve our needs. Pick 5 we take the best available from that top 5 talent pool but our choice has been dictated to by the selections of other clubs.

It is why any trade needs to be for significant overs.

In a situation like what Pykie suggested where we trade out both 2 and 11 but get back 2 firsts for this year and 2 firsts for next and a smattering of second round picks. the question changes from is 2 worth 5 or 11 worth the Pies pick, to do the 5 players we pick up in the first round over the next 2 years equate to a better long term strategy than the potential 3 that we would have if we can't or don't do these trades.

It seems people equate pick 2 to getting a Dusty type and pick 5 to getting a Cunners. But this is a false economy. Dusty went pick 3, and I sure as s**t would pick Cunners over Trengrove who was actually pick 2.

This year is all manner of grey, recruiters are picking on limited information, I am all for spreading the risk over this draft and the next draft coming out with more potential elites that getting stuck on the idea of trading pick 2 and the potential we may miss out of an exceptional talent. It is of equal chance that we keep pick 2 and pick 3 ends up Dusty and we are stuck with a Trengrove.

That's kinda my point.

What trading from 2 to 5 would actually cost is choice rather than a shot at high end talent.

2 affords us the ability to take the kid who has high end talent and is most likely to serve our needs. Pick 5 we take the best available from that top 5 talent pool but our choice has been dictated to by the selections of other clubs.

It is why any trade needs to be for significant overs.

In a situation like what Pykie suggested where we trade out both 2 and 11 but get back 2 firsts for this year and 2 firsts for next and a smattering of second round picks. the question changes from is 2 worth 5 or 11 worth the Pies pick, to do the 5 players we pick up in the first round over the next 2 years equate to a better long term strategy than the potential 3 that we would have if we can't or don't do these trades.

It seems people equate pick 2 to getting a Dusty type and pick 5 to getting a Cunners. But this is a false economy. Dusty went pick 3, and I sure as sh*t would pick Cunners over Trengrove who was actually pick 2.

This year is all manner of grey, recruiters are picking on limited information, I am all for spreading the risk over this draft and the next draft coming out with more potential elites that getting stuck on the idea of trading pick 2 and the potential we may miss out of an exceptional talent. It is of equal chance that we keep pick 2 and pick 3 ends up Dusty and we are stuck with a Trengrove.

It all comes down to how we rate them. Do we think there are 2 standouts, are we happy with anyone of 5, or do we think that there is a bolter outside the perceived "big 5" that has the scope to be better than all of them?

Listening to Paul Brashers discussing why they didn’t go harder on Dunkley, he made it very clear they won’t overpay for anything/anyone so the prospect of * showering us with gifts for pick 2 remain remote and we cannot possibly trade it for parity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Paul Brashers discussing why they didn’t go harder on McRae, he made it very clear they won’t overpay for anything/anyone so the prospect of * showering us with gifts for pick 2 remain remote and we cannot possibly trade it for parity.
Geeze, and people thought North kept their targets under wraps this period

Good to see that 2014 draft was a bucket of pigshit for everyone else too.

Except Gold Coast. I spruiked Touk Miller way back then, club should've paid me as a scout.

If he costs nothing then is it worth a spot?
Nup.

We had 11 talls on the list in 2020 that were genuine KP size players. That's 11 guys out of the 45. We cut 3. So we will only take a total of 2 more imo, taking into account the smaller list sizes next year. We've already added Corr so that leaves 1 KP to come from this next draft, which ticks the age demographic box and the balancing of the list box.

Geeze, and people thought North kept their targets under wraps this period

Haha. Fixed. That'll learn me to be more careful when replying on my phone while walking through the city masked up on a hot day. :thumbsu:

Anything would be better than his Nude Tunnelball training sessions

There's an ancient Chinese proverb that loosely translates to "the hardest decision is whether you want to be in front of or behind the big fella when the nude Tunnellball begins".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back