List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Picket was better than king in his absolute prime, but King performed over a longer period of time. I guess it’s a case of if you rate longevity over higher quality in a smaller sample. As much as I loved Picket, I think King was better overall.

Similar to Mckernan in a way. He was in the top handful of players in the game from 95-99. But because he tailed off, he isn’t regarded as highly as others who performed at a high level for longer.

I agree with that actually.

Good post.

To me Pickett was an absolute gun at his best beyond King but no doubt King maintained for longer and fair enough.

McKernan short span also.

But at their top going into a GF tomorrow?

I'll take Choppy thanks.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree with that actually.

Good post.

To me Pickett was an absolute gun at his best beyond King but no doubt King maintained for longer and fair enough.

McKernan short span also.

But at their top going into a GF tomorrow?

I'll take Choppy thanks.

I miss the 90’s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We all do.

I grew up in 90s with it so winning just a formality. (or so it seemed as a youngster)

This losing thing has to stop.....

Me too mate. Getting home from school on a Friday and watching Carey, Mckernan and co tear it up that night was incredible. I had a spring in my step for the rest of the weekend.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cedric Cox delisted, but I doubt we would be interested as he hasn’t shown a lot despite having some good attributes.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Cedric Cox delisted, but I doubt we would be interested as he hasn’t shown a lot despite having some good attributes.

Agree.

Unfortunately, I reckon North have delisted the best bunch of players this year, and if we aren't re-drafting them, then I can't see us doing much else from that pool.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He is such a clean, beautiful user of the ball but I think he lacks a bit of defensive intensity to make it at AFL level.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Cedric Cox is 23 and played 13 games. Will be handy in the WAFL.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kyron's turnovers stand out more due to position on the ground.

Makes it appear worse and I didn't like him playing so deep tbh as such a young player as it exposes that weakness. (Higgo sprayed the ball all year but you don't notice it as much as play goes on etc)

Perez I agree looks very talented.
Kyron was also learning the position on the run, through his earlier career he played mid/hf. His debut game was on Pendles before his long recovery from his Achilles. He' a good lockdown player, who's been blooded on some pretty good forwards. No doubt he'll be a solid player given a good run at it.
Agree about the turnovers, but with a disfunctional midfield putting the defense under constant pressure he wasn't alone with that.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, SF 49ers
Noble would know if he is any good.

Cox wanted to go back home. He may prefer to play in the WAFL than be on a AFL list.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wish we'd never let Choppy go.
The thing that makes me love him even more is the way he left.
He told us with over a year left on his contract that he really wanted to get back to SA.
He'd had offers before signing the previous contract extension, but chose to stick with North after they looked after him and believed in him as a kid.
But now he knew he'd be going back after the 2003 season, no matter what we offered. So he went to the club in 2002 and told them he'd be open to a trade while still in contract so we could command more.
He apparently assured everyone that if they chose to keep him to the end he would continue to give 100%, but it was definitely going to be his last contract with North.
We pulled the trigger and got a 1st and a 2nd Rounder for him. 👍

Last edited:
Back