North Melbourne
Who let you back on here

1601129199257.png

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Brown leave 2MP would be a decent addition to see how it pans out, but he isnt worth anything more than a late second rounder, hasn't really done anything yet.

Well, reading my tea leaf, it says he is linked to carlton and st kilda.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Him being mentioned as a delisting was brought up frequently in the first thread.

Is a better framed question - what warrants Walker to be as a potential delisting?

I’d just be guessing but would have to be purely body/injury related. Can play.

I’d be surprised if it happens. Next year will be crunch time though, can’t see him getting another contract beyond 2021 if he goes down again which is fair enough. We can’t keep carrying multiple players that are consistently injured as we have previously (VW, WW, Jacobs, Garner).

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Him being mentioned as a delisting was brought up frequently in the first thread.

Is a better framed question - what warrants Walker to be as a potential delisting?
Not being fit would be the main one, he looked great before injury 2 years ago.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Personally I’d be very surprised if Will Walker was delisted, unless there are genuine concerns about his body holding up. Rhyce singled him out as a positive after both games he played this year, clearly rated.

I thought Garner would definitely be going with that 11, however I understand them holding onto him given his hardness and competitiveness. His body is such a concern, and if he comes back from offseason out of shape, he’s done.

EVW papers are stamped as soon as Corr signs imo.

Hang on, EVW and corr fulfills two completely different roles right? Corr is the fullback for gws, EVW is your half back flanker.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Going to be snapping up a lot of state league talent and delisted mature agers from other clubs. I can totally see that happening tbh.

In a way, this is a good thing, we draft the youth, fill the gaps with early 20 something from the mature age pick up.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Higgins probably didn’t think he’d be shifted off to the flank when he signed on.

from what I’ve heard, Garner, EVW and WW will not be offered new contracts

The common denominator, fitness. These guys just get injured with the slightest little knocks. They never stay unjured long enough to string a few games together. Garner is a proven match winner, I would cut ziebell before garner based on fitness (not that ziebell has been much good lately). EVW is a very mart footballer i.e. Judd but against fitness and luck. He gets injured at the worst possible time. He did his knee then his toe and this took him out for like 18 months during a time when club is undergoing big change. He isn't seen as a reliable player, under rawlings, that's a big no no. WW also has been injury prone, never could string together enough games. Quite often the human body operates in mysterious ways. When one is down on confidence, it affects one's health as well, when one is not in form, he is more likely to be injured which would affect form even more resulting in a negative cycle. Our high performance department could never break this cycle hence we hold onto a whole bunch of perennially injured players and fielding a team of solid plodders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The McKay stuff is about a week old, I think we debunked it as shenanigans about 1000 pages back.
I hate when old news gets regurgitated. Especially when it’s irrelevant.
Then again we got through 10,000 posts before September finished.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d be happy with both.

Brodie is really homesick
...I get the feeling he’ll explode if he gets back home. Far more natural footballer compared to someone like Bonar.

Don't worry, they will soon be reporting these players are linked to carlton..........and saints to a lesser extent.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
So GR @ me in the other thread and I was trying to work out how to reply but that was on page 29x only from the other day. 100 pages in one week? What have I missed? :drunk:

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
We gave the other muppet 10 years, surely we can give Scamper just a couple to see if he’s up to it?..
hate to say this:
he is 14 years old (will be 15 on April 11th 2021) so he has at least the 2021 season at this point (maybe if all goes well, all of the 2022 season)
22926.jpeg

he is healthy as you can get for a 14 year old barn cat (and very happy and purr's and meows a lot when he sees me every week). so don't worry everyone he is ok (but like I said, he is 14 years old and will be 15 in April so he has at least a year or two left of coaching)

Last edited:

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
hate to say this:
he is 14 years old (will be 15 on April 11th 2021) so he has at least a the 2021 season at this point (maybe if all goes well, all of the 2022 season)
View attachment 971523
he is healthy as you can get for a 14 year old barn cat (and very happy and purr's and meows a lot when he sees me every week). so don't worry everyone he is ok (but like I said, he is 14 years old and will be 15 in April so he has at least a year or two left of coaching)
I'd want several vets to give him the ok, and someone to make sure his pet insurance is covered.

As long as those boxes are ticked, I'm ok with giving him another season.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
I'd want several vets to give him the ok, and someone to make sure his pet insurance is covered.

As long as those boxes are ticked, I'm ok with giving him another season.
he is good for 2021 and after that, its up to him.
funny thing, if the Grand Final is on the last Saturday in September 2021, it would be on the same date that we won in 1999 (will be a great way for Scamper to end his Coaching career with a Grand Final win)

So GR @ me in the other thread and I was trying to work out how to reply but that was on page 29x only from the other day. 100 pages in one week? What have I missed? :drunk:
Absolutely ******* nothing.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
P
Higgins probably didn’t think he’d be shifted off to the flank when he signed on.

from what I’ve heard, Garner, EVW and WW will not be offered new contracts
No surprised by Garner. If we are happy offloading Brown and Higgins, I'm not sure why would we retain Garner.

EVW dependent on Corr. WW would be surprising

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back