List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude - if trade period began tomorrow pick 25 would not be a low ball offer - it's probably close to the offer we are likely to get.

However there is still a lot to play out.

We need to see Danihar and Cameron sort out where they are playing and then those other clubs looking for a key forward (hopefully there will be a few) will start to circle around BBB.

But to answer your question - yes I would rather pick 25 than nothing.

Yep matters what happens with Daniher and Cameron do.
Also if finals teams like the cats, pies , dogs, saints and lions bomb out in the finals - they might sell the farm for brown.

If you understand how the mainstream media is reporting on trump would make this instantly much clearer. Trump must be seen as this mad, egotistical, selfish dictator hence there is legitamicy for the opponent never mind he is doing things America hadn't done for 20 years. Same thing for us, Rawling + Shaw is finally doing what needed to be done but didn't do for 20 years.

The negative spin on north is to affirm the existing notions, it would be like slapping yourself in the face if one start to put a positive spin. Only when we win a flag will it force the narrative to change and even then it would be North pinches a flag but are they real premiers? You have to continue affirm ation of the existing narrative even if its false. Players like nankervis must have higher value because he is from a premiership team hence must be better than brown from a bottom 2 team, saying otherwise is going against the mainstream regardless of the truth.

The current narrative they want to run is that north is a dysfunctional club in self destruct mode where in fact we are doing surgical repairs to quickly fix decades old issues. Also we dares to do what's needed and not what's expected. AFL and other clubs expect us to be an ameuter club that is irrelevant and in dire financial health that will soon collapse. It's sort of like an outrage that we dare to try and get better. Of course, the intial reaction would be look of shock, ahahahh they are doing what alhahahah they are crazy (2020). Next stage would be suspicion, i.e. will north's effort results in something sure not (2021, 22). Next stage would be downplaying our achievement in that North got lucky as we get into the finals in 2023. Finally when north gets near or achieves success (2024 - 2026), it would be met with outrage and denial in that north must have cheated or done something, there must be an inquiry how dare they. Knifes out would be a very good movie that narrates these sentiment.
You are, at best, peculiar

Someone needs to call the flog out for posting this crap, Brown second round pick, Polec into the third round, and then rates some others who cant get onto the park to save their lives as 1st round picks. What a buffoon.

So there seems to be a narrative that North have lost all leverage in the Brown negotiations.

So my question to you all is how would you feel about the following scenario:

1: brown nominates X as his club of choice
2: they low ball us and refuse to deal at an appropriate level

Would you rather accept their low ball offer. Let’s say it’s pick 25 (as an example)

Or would you prefer to let Brown walk to the national draft where we get nothing

In this hypothetical I’ve assumed he won’t come back to north or go to the psd where we could just pick him up at 2.

Typically clubs don't trade in the win loss scenarios as is posted online.

Perhaps a club like Essendon takes the punt at playing it that way, however what a game they are then playing.

500-550 for a potential consistent 60 goal a year forward?

Essendon have pick 6 and pick 41.

Brown wouldn't last beyond pick 19.

Hed be off to Brisbane.
Who could:
A) afford him
B) use one of their 2 first rounds on him, knowing they have already shown interest in him.

So clubs at the trade table will need to be sensible in their offers.

The above scenario means essendon don't get Brown and Brown gets whatever price he puts on his head but that's about it.

If the Market is offering $550 a year, I'd like for us, before we get to trade period to retable an offer. 3 years at the offered market rate with some performance incentives. And put all this behind us.

Love everyone bagging Gus Brayshaw and Bailey Fritsch like we just won back to back flags.

These guys would waltz into our best 22
Doesn't make them an equitable swap for one of the best key forwards in the league, though.

Typically clubs don't trade in the win loss scenarios as is posted online.

Perhaps a club like Essendon takes the punt at playing it that way, however what a game they are then playing.

500-550 for a potential consistent 60 goal a year forward?

Essendon have pick 6 and pick 41.

Brown wouldn't last beyond pick 19.

Hed be off to Brisbane.
Who could:
A) afford him
B) use one of their 2 first rounds on him, knowing they have already shown interest in him.

So clubs at the trade table will need to be sensible in their offers.

The above scenario means essendon don't get Brown and Brown gets whatever price he puts on his head but that's about it.

If the Market is offering $550 a year, I'd like for us, before we get to trade period to retable an offer. 3 years at the offered market rate with some performance incentives. And put all this behind us.

I fully expect that a reasonable trade gets done. But I wouldn’t accept the club taking significant unders for him.

I’d rather see a scorched earth policy to send a message for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda has shown interest in out-of-contract North Melbourne forward Ben Brown, according to AFL reporter Damian Barrett.

Barrett understands the Saints have held talks with Brown’s management.

“He (Brown) will seek a new home and I believe it will be a team in the finals,” Barrett told Channel Nine’s Sunday Footy Show.

“I know St Kilda has enquired.

Of course, but it needs to be measured to avoid risk.

Just burning everything at once is not necessary imo. We can do it in steps.

I’m just talking about Ben Brown here. Not other players.

He’ll be offered a deal by the winning suitor. If they don’t pony up picks that equal that offer (roughly speaking) and he doesn’t accept playing for north at that offer, then he goes to the draft imo.

I fully expect that a reasonable trade gets done. But I wouldn’t accept the club taking significant unders for him.

I’d rather see a scorched earth policy to send a message for the future.
My uninformed opinion is this is a stand against player managers thinking they can use us as a media bargaining chip.

It's the righting of some power in that relationship and Brown is collateral damage to an extent.

Doesn't make them an equitable swap for one of the best key forwards in the league, though.

For sheer value, I disagree.

One guy kicked more goals this season than anyone in our team and the other ran a place in the Brownlow year before last.

On a needs/want basis I can understand people not wanting but in terms of 'equal value' - no issue there.

Last edited:
Ziebell I suspect would be handing over his captaincy title in 2021 unless he get back to top notch form. We cannot have Ziebell cunn8ngton and Dumont in the same team as that would make the team significantly slower.

Dumont is a two way runner and very consistent and at 25 is into his peak. Ziebell is injured and even at full fitness, his disposal skills are sh*t. Cunnington is too slow with suspect disposal skills and with the back injury, won’t get back to full fitness. Z and c are gone as early as 2022. Dumont should be given the captaincy as he’s of the right age and
Position plus he is relatively injury free.
Cunnington hands in tight and his awareness to handball Into space is arguably the best ive seen. His kicking is elite, he kicks goals and hits targets.. what lacks in pace, he makes up in Aggression!

Saints have a first-round pick. Currently 14 I believe. I'd take that but the Saints would not make that deal. They might do Higgins plus 24 for 14.

When did we become The Suns' biggest rivals? Or are you implying that they are ripping him from Brisbane?
Can just imagine w did that deal and Saints narrative after the draft would be “Player X was the one we actually had marked to go around the 10-14 mark, so we are absolutely wrapt to get him at 24, means we got Higgins for free”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back