Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_roo

Debutant
Apr 22, 2009
dingley village
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is exactly what I've been talking about. Saints, Brissy, Collingwood are still playing finals.

So much water to go under the bridge before going apeshit about 'losing leverage'. He's gone, it'll get sorted, a club will pay up.
Your seem very confident on your info, not much of your info comes true - just saying

mako_roo

Debutant
Apr 22, 2009
dingley village
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love how Brown started off as 2 firsts or a high first and a second, then a first, then two second rounders, now a second-rounder if we are lucky and ask nicely.

Screw this. Brown rightfully should not be leaving unless it helps us land our draft targets. That would be at least a player in our top 10 recruit list. IF NM is confident that they can upgrade the change we are given to get an extra player in our top 10 list of 18 year olds, then that is fair.

He will most likely kick 70+ goals next year for a top 10 side FFS.
Unfortunately your value doesn't count, the club will trade him to the highest bidder. Thats wheres its at

Brown the same or similar trade value to such superstars as: Jack Lonie, Toby Nankervis, Nathan Broad and Josh Daicos....

They are kidding themselves these campaigners.
What absolute rubbish. Brown and Higgins a 2nd and Polec a 3rd.
Jye Caldwell up and coming star is rated a 1st but has achieved * in his career to date.
Players valued as 2nd rounders: Nankervis, Broad, Jackson Hateley, Ohallaran and Orzaio ******* Fantasia.

******* hell why dont we just bend over, take it and tip the *ers afterwards.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jye Caldwell up and coming star is rated a 1st but has achieved fu** in his career to date.
Players valued as 2nd rounders: Nankervis, Broad, Jackson Hateley, Ohallaran and Orzaio ******* Fantasia.

******* hell why dont we just bend over, take it and tip the f***ers afterwards.

That what we are expected to do, we north are expected to be s**t, push overs and amateurs. Us trying to get our acts together upsets the status quo.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Higgins + 25 for 16 (Geelong)
Brown for 14 (St.Kilda)
Polec for 27 (Dees)
Rd 2 2021 + Rd 3 2021 for Pick 12 (Pies - will need points for Nick Daicos)

Picks 2, 9, 12, 14, 16, 27

If you can't rebuild a team with that, fold the joint.

Can we do the Polec trade first so we can keep 25 and trade Higgins an 27 for 16? I so want to win trade week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bazzbot13

Debutant
Aug 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d be happy with both.

Brodie is really homesick
...I get the feeling he’ll explode if he gets back home. Far more natural footballer compared to someone like Bonar.

Both Brodie and Jye come from Shepp, work well together.
Need to get him in the door asap.

Roos1991

Team Captain
Oct 20, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What are our thoughts on this clubs strategy of telling everyone else how little we rate Brown and that we won’t match an offer for him, driving down his trade value to the point that other clubs will pick him up with a second rounder? Caldwell who has * all achievements to his name is mooted at having greater trade value than Brown.

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
Your seem very confident on your info, not much of your info comes true - just saying

There's only one I missed - and I wasn't alone, and that was Gaff. It happens. Polec, Hall came. I said the Friday of the delistings there would be more changes on the way.

You want an investigative journo, buy a newspaper subscription. I'm just guy that gets told the occasional thing as does everyone else here.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jye Caldwell up and coming star is rated a 1st but has achieved fu** in his career to date.

******* hell why dont we just bend over, take it and tip the f***ers afterwards.
Lazy stupid journalism, i mean it is Mitch Cleary, most of you had a big footy account before he even knew what AFL was.

I don't understand how a club like Melbourne that has been gifted (and burnt) so many high end draft picks across the past two decades is now trying to buy success. Tomlinson, Lever, Kolodjashnij, May, Langdon (not to mention Preuss, Hibberd, Melksham).

And the media have the audacity to question us finishing 17th for the first time and on the back of the biggest injury list in the comp
It’s funny GoDeez went all out on a recruiting spree after their 2018 finals series and acquired these supposed guns and have instead missed the finals the past 2 years. Theyre not looking like challenging any time soon either.

We’ve gone and picked up duds from other clubs in the same time and have the same results to show for it.

Come to think of it even * went the same route as Melbourne and have self combusted with players looking to jump ship left, right and center.

Love it.

Roos1991

Team Captain
Oct 20, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love how Brown started off as 2 firsts or a high first and a second, then a first, then two second rounders, now a second-rounder if we are lucky and ask nicely.

Screw this. Brown rightfully should not be leaving unless it helps us land our draft targets. That would be at least a player in our top 10 recruit list. IF NM is confident that they can upgrade the change we are given to get an extra player in our top 10 list of 18 year olds, then that is fair.

He will most likely kick 70+ goals next year for a top 10 side FFS.
Yeah agree he should only go if he allows us to hit our trade targets which for a player of his value should be a top 10 pick. The reason he’s dropped so much in trade value is because of how poorly and publicly north have handled this. Real amateur hour.

Roos1991

Team Captain
Oct 20, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pick 14 is worth 1160 points.

To break this up it is basically equal to pick 25 (750 points) and pick 40 (430 points).

At face value it looks like we are getting bent over for both players.

However remember if Higgo was an FA then we would get zero given his age (like Carlton got zero when W80 came to us.)

If we are truly saying to Higgo we are happy for him to go as we misled him last year is signing with us (re our push to play finals) then in reality we are making him a FA after the fact.

Of course he is signed for another year but how hard ball can we be with a guy we mislead?

As others have said the Saints probably need to sweeten this it a little - a swap of picks this year or next year will do it.

Pick 14 gives us 4 picks inside 25 so we are getting well on our way here even this was to be the final agreed position.
4 picks in the top 25 for a draft where very little is known about any of the Vic players. This is probably the worst draft for us to trade into.

Who cares what Mitch Cleary thinks? Bloke would have been under the pump to produce content, and there will be zero consequence how right or wrong he is.
I reckon the muppet actually believes it though.

North’s players always get judged on what they do poorly rather than their strengths.

We are never allowed to have genuine elite players at this club. But I agree * him too

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
4 picks in the top 25 for a draft where very little is known about any of the Vic players. This is probably the worst draft for us to trade into.

Recruiters make a career off watching these kids long before their u18 year. If you go back over the last 5 drafts and view the “top 20” ranked kids at the start of the year, versus the actual top 20 on draft night, the first round is pretty consistent.

Absolutely there are bolters/sliders every year, kids that come from nowhere/kids that underperform - we will miss that aspect with the Vic kids this draft, however these guys know their sh** and would have had a pretty good idea who they were keen on before the 2020 u18 carnival.

Regardless, I expect the club to build a strong hand of picks across both the 2020 and 2021 draft, rather then going all in on this year.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What are our thoughts on this clubs strategy of telling everyone else how little we rate Brown and that we won’t match an offer for him, driving down his trade value to the point that other clubs will pick him up with a second rounder? Caldwell who has fu** all achievements to his name is mooted at having greater trade value than Brown.
I reckon clubs already knew privately that brown was on the trade table. Came out in the media to notify fans so they wouldn't freak out come trade week. Brown easily the most notable player at the club and it would have caused a melt down if suddenly he was traded and it came out of nowhere.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What are our thoughts on this clubs strategy of telling everyone else how little we rate Brown and that we won’t match an offer for him, driving down his trade value to the point that other clubs will pick him up with a second rounder? Caldwell who has fu** all achievements to his name is mooted at having greater trade value than Brown.

Can you post a link of where the club has stated anything remotely related to what you have stated?

Stop being drip-fed by the media and think for yourself.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
34 pages in to round 2, I deserve some news on Caldwell coming to North. Solid inside info, hear say, or just a blatantly made up rumour. I’ll take anything. What do we have boys and girls? Anything?

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not interested in making it easy for Higgins to get to Geelong. If Saints are keen, and combining him and Brown gets us a better deal, then that’s my preference.

If Geelong want Higgins they have to come to the party.

This will really heat up as sides start getting eliminated from finals.

Let's hope Geelong fall just short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back