List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the muppet actually believes it though.

North’s players always get judged on what they do poorly rather than their strengths.

We are never allowed to have genuine elite players at this club. But I agree fu** him too

That's his problem. AFL clubs are much smarter than the media.

4 picks in the top 25 for a draft where very little is known about any of the Vic players. This is probably the worst draft for us to trade into.
It is a lottery for sure... we should get bankable guns/very good players with our 2 top 10 picks & hopefully snare another one with our next couple picks.
If our recruiters are good enough, we may pick up a top 10 talent in the 20s/30s in the this draft, due to the lack of form to go off.
Fingers crossed we pick the guns & not the duds!

Yeah agree he should only go if he allows us to hit our trade targets which for a player of his value should be a top 10 pick. The reason he’s dropped so much in trade value is because of how poorly and publicly north have handled this. Real amateur hour.

Well and the fact he kicked eight goals in nine games and had ongoing knee issues.

He's not getting us a top ten pick because time won't magically turn back three years upon the trade being completed.

Higgins age is irrelevant in a trade scenario.

If a top 6 club wants him and are determined to get him, he could end up being the difference between failure and a flag. I know he was younger but the dogs don’t give a * about what they traded for Boyd because he won them a flag. Higgins can also have that sort of impact.

So the question we ask at the trade table is how desperate are you for a flag and what are you willing to pay to get it?
His value is then solidified and I wouldn’t settle on anything less than a late 1st round/early 2nd pick.

Otherwise we keep him. Simple.

Saad should sign on with * as has been reported over the weekend.
The reality is the deal from the scum isnt that bad and tbh there really isn’t a reason for him to leave.
Which Vic club can offer him a chance at success other than Richmond?

Melbourne is in the same position as * and they were never a chance to get him.
Carlton just doesn’t do trades with * and their offer was very meh. They really want Ollie.
The Tigers offer was basically pocket change. Smallest of the lot. Couldn’t guarantee him a decent deal.

As for us we offered the longest term and good coin but we weren’t able to promise finals. He just turned 26 and is about to enter his prime and our last four years has been mediocre.
We weren’t willing to waste our time with Dodoro unless the deal was agreed upon early. It’s a busy trade period coming up and we know our resources are best served elsewhere. Not gonna happen basket.

Poor bloke is stuck there but is really unhappy with the Club administrators.
The rebuild they underwent post ASADA is a flop and they have an unsettled playing list with senior players not happy with where they’re at.

Higgins age is irrelevant in a trade scenario.

If a top 6 club wants him and are determined to get him, he could end up being the difference between failure and a flag. I know he was younger but the dogs don’t give a fu** about what they traded for Boyd because he won them a flag. Higgins can also have that sort of impact.

So the question we ask at the trade table is how desperate are you for a flag and what are you willing to pay to get it?
His value is then solidified and I wouldn’t settle on anything less than a late 1st round/early 2nd pick.

Otherwise we keep him. Simple.

Issue is we told him if he wants to go we would facilitate the trade, when you do that it’s done in good faith and the pick is just a bonus for us.
If we were to not trade you end up with a very disgruntled possibly toxic player in your group.
It’s like giving an employee a redundancy you pay them the notice period and ask them to leave immediately otherwise they can be a destructive force.

Saad should sign on with * as has been reported over the weekend.
The reality is the deal from the scum isnt that bad and tbh there really isn’t a reason for him to leave.
Which Vic club can offer him a chance at success other than Richmond?

Melbourne is in the same position as * and they were never a chance to get him.
Carlton just doesn’t do trades with * and their offer was very meh. They really want Ollie.
The Tigers offer was basically pocket change. Smallest of the lot. Couldn’t guarantee him a decent deal.

As for us we offered the longest term and good coin but we weren’t able to promise finals. He just turned 26 and is about to enter his prime and our last four years has been mediocre.
We weren’t willing to waste our time with Dodoro unless the deal was agreed upon early. It’s a busy trade period coming up and we know our resources are best served elsewhere. Not gonna happen basket.

Poor bloke is stuck there but is really unhappy with the Club administrators.
The rebuild they underwent post ASADA is a flop and they have an unsettled playing list with senior players not happy with where they’re at.

It is possible that Essendon is in a worse position than us because they will get to where we are now but not for another season or two.

No way Brown plays for kangas next year after the way this has played out in the media and with what his manager has said about the club. Doubtful he’d want to move his young family interstate so if he nominated a certain club we lose more bargaining power in trade. Most likely clubs to have a crack Pies Saints and maybe Dees all have late first rounders which will be pushed back with academy picks or Dees future first which I’m not sure if the AFL rules allows you to trade your first round pick 2 years in a row. Although most might not agree terrible situation we are in with Brown trade to get his true value unfortunately.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should keep Higgo but only if we can’t get a deal done for him.

He’s been a great player for us but it’s great that we are not going to hold him back if he wants some success in his last few years as a player. He deserves that.

Who knows, he may only have one more decent year in him with his history of injuries etc.

This is a compromised draft but I think we can develop them much better than previous years. We’ve seen improvements from our younger guys

I have a mate who doesn’t have inside information.

He did however tell me that the new mango Pepsi taste like sh*t.
Pepsi need to be ruthless and learn to make the hard decisions. If they want to be number 1 they should abandon the traditional pepsi and pepsi max brands, which will always be 2nd to Coke, and just start mixing pepsi with every fruit they can get their hands on in the hope that one of them will turn out to be a number one seller.

A couple of points spring to mind:

Is Preuss the stupidest AFL footballer in the comp? He pushed hard for the GoDees when every man and his dog were seeing no upside in it for him other than a few bucks, which he could have gotten elsewhere. GWS were always a viable option for him.

If Jack Viney does leave the GoDees the compensation pick could make them a viable option for Brown. Pick 10 or 11 wouldn't be a bad addition to our kit bag for the draft.

A couple of points spring to mind:

Is Preuss the stupidest AFL footballer in the comp? He pushed hard for the GoDees when every man and his dog were seeing no upside in it for him other than a few bucks, which he could have gotten elsewhere. GWS were always a viable option for him.

If Jack Viney does leave the GoDees the compensation pick could make them a viable option for Brown. Pick 10 or 11 wouldn't be a bad addition to our kit bag for the draft.
Yeah, fancy a rugby convert who only started playing when he was 18 taking good cash to learn your craft from the best ruckman in the comp. Very stupid indeed

Yeah, fancy a rugby convert who only started playing when he was 18 taking good cash to learn your craft from the best ruckman in the comp. Very stupid indeed

Because he couldn't have learnt his craft from an All Australian ruckman like Goldy? Because teams don't have ruck coaches? What about taking good cash to actually play at the highest level and learn his craft going up against the best? Yes. Very stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back