List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s overrated by north big footy. I think he considers himself incredibly lucky to get another year, not as lucky as Tom Camp”park yourself on a list for being the shittest tall in the comp”bell
Walker would consider himself incredibly lucky to not be shown the door!?
He was Top 10 contested marks in the comp & will certainly finish top 10 in our B&F.
He was very reliable down back & had a very good consistent year.
If he doesn’t play much next year, he will be great depth for Corr, Tarrant & MacKay. Had to get another year, based on the number backman we cut...

Would be ok with the concept of bringing in Shaw if his brother wasn't coach. Way too much of a perceived conflict of interest. Joel's delisting removes one potential instance but still the Rawlings and McDonalds situation is far from ideal.

Nepotism is ‘favouritism’ of family and friends, if anyone can find me a delisted or free agent, with his skill set, who would be willing to play for us for a year or two, I’m all ears??

Last edited:

He was Top 10 contested marks in the comp & will certainly finish top 10 in our B&F.
If he doesn’t play much next year, he will be great depth for Corr, Tarrant & MacKay. Had to get another year, based on the number backman we cut...

Speaking of B&F. Has a date for this been locked in at all?

Thats all good, if we had everyone on the park all year he wouldnt touch top 20.. he is cumbersome and very poor disposal of the footy.. I will not disagree that he took a few marks coming in during attack.. Can anyone bring up a stat how many goals his direct opponent kicked? .. He’s not a forwards a-hole so his only position is an intercept mark.. how many tackles did he lay for the entire season? 19! 19 ******* tackles, 1.1 tackles a game for a defender? He is a one trick pony.. funny how when he went off the ground VS the aints in round 1.. we came back and won the game?

and 27 contested marks in 17 games is not a phenomenal act when the ball spent 3 decades in our defence.

I would have taken Maj over him as an intercept defender, maybe Shaw doesnt like blokes with bigger dicks and who only eat salad.

Last edited:
I rate heath in a hodge role for a season giving he's a good kick of the ball played in a few finals and two grand finals, maybe two for the right price, with a team full of kids who cares what he says to his brother? Let them be afraid might get some legs moving, he told heath to take bonar too which is already a relationship between them three also a plus, as far as media scrutiny don't we get slammed by just about everyone any time we fart or cough anyway? F*%K the media.

I might be in the minority here, but I’d actually like him at the club. He’s not being brought over to win games, he’s being brought over to teach, develop and support.

McDonald - McKay - Shaw
Corr - Tarrant - Perez/Hayden

Very seasoned back 6 to help steer the young midfield & forward line.

Obviously there is a bit of a conflict of interest, but I think it’s definitely worth looking at for him to play the Hodge role. Helps with our soft cap also.

I’m not sure if it’s Shaw necessarily, but we could use a spot on the list for somebody to fill the a playing/development type role.

The soft cap reduction means resources in development will be reduced and a role like this could really benefit us.

I’m not sure if it’s Shaw necessarily, but we could use a spot on the list for somebody to fill the a playing/development type role.

The soft cap reduction means resources in development will be reduced and a role like this could really benefit us.
Yeh but trade out higgins? Lol bring in Health but trade out higgins? The blokes analysis is cooked. Higgins impact on development would be tenfold compared to Heater. At least Higgins isnt a drug fiend clown.. A better role model is what I was meant to say

Nepotism is ‘favouritism’ of family and friends, if anyone can find me a delisted or free agent, with his skill set, who would be willing to play for us for a year or two, I’m all ears??
Bachar Houli is apparently available, younger and a better player than Shaw. That's not going to happen you'd think, but still highlights that there might well be better options available that don't risk further damage to a reportedly fractured group.

Re Shaw

No issue giving him a year playing him predominantly in the VFL and getting him basically as a coach.

I wonder about the technicalities around the soft cap, by putting it under the salary cap.

Shaw aside anyone else looking like they may retire and would be a decent coach?

GWS are doing this with Mumford

Brandon Matera kicked 30 goals as a small forward last year. Think he's always been a bit lazy but might be the best one we can get our hands on. Mitch Riordan and Kyle Dunkley could both be worth a look, two midseason draft picks that have lots of development left in them. Dawson, Joyce and Heron from the Suns could all potentially fill a need for us; they've cut a lot of young players. Riley Grundy is a 20 year old key position player, good chance Port has made a hard call on him.

None of them look like accidentally thrown out gold nuggets but who thought Ben Keays was going to be a gun player this year?

Didn't see riordan but were positive comments re him... be more you would think yet from the Suns given the size of their list

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also there is some Covid clause we have to get around don't we ie can't bring in a defence coach as made one redundant so need to call it something different or bring in a "player" that turns into a coach!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bachar Houli is apparently available, younger and a better player than Shaw. That's not going to happen you'd think, but still highlights that there might well be better options available that don't risk further damage to a reportedly fractured group.
I’d take Bachar in a heartbeat but he’d still have to want to come.. that’s the biggest problem we’ve got, we’re currently a used car lot..

we need to get better..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're referring to the video with Barrett on AFL.com.au, it seems like there was no information on Goldy and Barrett was making up potential ideas that the Cats could consider.
It's a large field, but I actually think Dildo, despite being a dildo, is quite possibly the bloke with the least idea about the game in the media.

It's a large field, but I actually think Dildo, despite being a dildo, is quite possibly the bloke with the least idea about the game in the media.
Poor bloke is at a loss. Recent lockdown regulations have limited his capacity to rifle through bins for his scoops, so he's left having to talk footy, exposing his utter ignorance of the game itself.

He cant play forward, he’s useless, he turns worse than Brown, no agility. All he should be regarded as depth and thats it and nothing more. He kicked 1 or two goals and I reckon he played 2 full games in total up forward. He banged em out on the full.. would guess, he had 3 shots at goal the entire time he played up forward and people bag Brown out for the inability to take a contested mark, this guy stunk in the forward line.

FWIW. Ben Brown is the best lead up FF in the comp!
To be fair, if Walker's played 2 games up forward and kicked 2 goals, he's been responsible for a quarter of our scores. I thought he had a good year down back. Not Majak 2018 quality but that's the role he can play.

Yeh but trade out higgins? Lol bring in Health but trade out higgins? The blokes analysis is cooked. Higgins impact on development would be tenfold compared to Heater. At least Higgins isnt a drug fiend clown.. A better role model is what I was meant to say

For the boards sake, please share your analysis Duck, I personally would love to see what you think the club will do this offseason.

Heath Shaw is open to continuing his illustrious AFL career, but preferably for a club contending for a premiership.
Shaw was delisted by Greater Western Sydney on Tuesday after 152 games with the Giants; including two All-Australian years and winning a club best and fairest.
"Heath is at peace with the decision and extremely grateful for the opportunities that football has given him," Shaw's manager Ben Niall told The Age.

"He's also open to continuing his career in Victoria if the right opportunity came up. But he's not particularly interested in playing a handful of games and then going into a coaching role."
Sources close to Shaw have told The Age the prospect of him playing under his brother Rhyce Shaw at North Melbourne appears unlikely.

The Kangaroos are rebuilding their list after delisting 11 players and asking star players Ben Brown and Shaun Higgins to look for new homes, so the optics of bringing in a soon-to-be 35-year-old would be odd.
But, on top of that, there would be a clear conflict of interest if a player was to be coached by his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back