List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody really see Cunnington wanting to play at another club? Or Tarrant? Or even Goldstein and Higgins?

For f***s sake guys, selling cattle doesn't mean we're selling the farm. No club in the history of all time has gone into a season with a team under 25-26 years old. We need maturity, we need bodies to protect the young blokes and we need leadership still.

Nobody we are separating with has shown the above in suitable measure.
The same could have been said for Brown......but here we are.

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Can anybody really see Cunnington wanting to play at another club? Or Tarrant? Or even Goldstein and Higgins?

For f***s sake guys, selling cattle doesn't mean we're selling the farm. No club in the history of all time has gone into a season with a team under 25-26 years old. We need maturity, we need bodies to protect the young blokes and we need leadership still.

I think what we did lose with the players that were cut was some good locker room guys in Maj and JMac that brought everyone together. In a workplace these guys are worth a lot. I would like to see us get Narni back in a coaching/clowning role.

So Cunners for Cox and their first rounder?
with Ben Brown going to Collingwood for their other 2 firsts we could go this trade period with 5 first rounders..

Last thing we need or want is someone who can plug a hole for 12 months

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can you run me through the logic of this post?

Of course we need players to plug holes next year.
Next year will be a really difficult year on the field, we are almost certain to finish in the bottom 2.... the reward for that is the first actual list build we have undertaken since Carey, Longmire, Schwass, Stevens were brought together.
Being a salary dumping ground for teams that want a couple of our players, while shedding contracts that are no good ie Cox, Tom McDonald will give us the opportunity to literally buy draft capital.

Well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cunnington goes, on top of Brown, Higgins, and to a lesser extent Polec, then that’s it. The club are pressing the self destruct button. I implore everyone concerned to NEVER consider trading Cunners- He is part of the fabric of North.

Only club cunners would look at going to would be the cats and they don’t need him.
He’s a shinboner through and through.

Soo reaming the draft for best part of a decade? Priority pick after priority pick never helped? Oh and Lachie Neale getting a big fat pay cheque? Playing your entire season at home in a bubble(?) .. yeh fagan is good, a leader of young men, but give me a fu**in spell... if it werent for the CWMIW 110% salary cap, could of been 120%.. you campaigners wouldnt have won sh*t
It may be of interest to note that Brissie players twice took pay cuts to fit players in. Blake Caracella, a star at Essendon, was forced out of Essendon by the salary cap, but all the Brissie players were asked if they would take a cut so he could be fitted in. It was pity he had that neck problem. It was these two pay reductions that allowed Brisbane to keep their squad intact but building an elite squad requires some more subtle thinking

I don't want to appear dismissive of your post DuckYeah but I have a much, in my opinion, more important issue about the salary cap and it pertains to the minimum payment requirement. Let's say. for argument purposes, we clear Goldie, Higgins and any others who are on good money. We are then forced to spend a certain amount. I have thought for years that a club should be able to be 'bank' money to be spent later. You would need rules to cover this of course.

I will be some what annoyed if we are lucky enough to get a crop of great youngsters have lose them like GWS has done over the last few years. My thought would help stop this and I am suspicious that the silly decision on Polac would not have been made. We ahd money to spend and we had to spend i.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you run me through the logic of this post?

Of course we need players to plug holes next year.
Next year will be a really difficult year on the field, we are almost certain to finish in the bottom 2.... the reward for that is the first actual list build we have undertaken since Carey, Longmire, Schwass, Stevens were brought together.
Being a salary dumping ground for teams that want a couple of our players, while shedding contracts that are no good ie Cox, Tom McDonald will give us the opportunity to literally buy draft capital.

We have 40 spots roughly, each one of these are required to find the next premiership team, last thing we want to become is a dumping ground for the so called BIG clubs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sydney need to trade out their first pick as it will be wasted when Campbell is bid on, same with the Doggies and whatever their first is. We need to try to do a deal for the Swans pick.
The general consensus from what I’ve heard/read is that a bid on Campbell is very unlikely before their first pick. I completely agree that we should be targeting their pick though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back