List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
Yeah the whole best mates thing and the supported Hawthorn as a kid thing mean absolutely nothing. Silly that many of us fell for that. They are not even close to the main reasons why players decide on their futures. Live and learn.

On a sidenote wouldn't it be good to knock GWS off in a GF in the next couple of years....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah the whole best mates thing and the supported Hawthorn as a kid thing mean absolutely nothing. Silly that many of us fell for that. They are not even close to the main reasons why players decide on their futures. Live and learn.

On a sidenote wouldn't it be good to knock GWS off in a GF in the next couple of years....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Don’t think anyone seriously suggested his childhood support was why he would leave gws and come to hawthorn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ML4Hodgy

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think brad crouch could be gettable.
Brad crouch would be very gettable.
But with his body issues, he’s probably looking for a long term contract for plenty of $$.
Not a fit for us on that basis.
Watch out for North though (no inside info, just gut feel)

I wouldn't want any more star players to be from the 2010-2012 period. If we're going to chase anyone, make it 2013 or later.

There's a massive risk to already having Chad, Titch, Jaegs, Gunston and Patton from those 3 years.

It's a miracle we transitioned so smoothly from having the same issue at the end of 2015.

I’d think we’d be in the market for someone who’s more like an Impey or Scrimshaw pick up.
Someone who is not yet lighting it up at their current club, but who has attributes that we like for a role.

Was never really on the list TBH

From us, or him?

I'd say we were on the list at one stage, considering he was at the game barracking for us in the 2013 Grand Final as though he wasn't playing for another AFL team.

Things change though.

I’d think we’d be in the market for someone who’s more like an Impey or Scrimshaw pick up.
Someone who is not yet lighting it up at their current club, but who has attributes that we like for a role.

Agreed. We're far more inclined to make those moves. We've already splurged on some stars in the right age bracket, so we'll be looking to blokes like Adam Cerra, Matthew Ling or Ned McHenry. We probably haven't shown interest in any of those guys, but they all suit areas we would be looking to strengthen and they're all a year or two in the system without making an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back