Pay Out - Retired
Bryce Gibbs

Re-sign
Ayce Taylor
Ben Keays
Jordan Gallucci
Elliott Himmelberg
Tyson Stengle
Galluci and Himmleberg, are you out of your mind. They are delist and nothing else. Better players in SANFL

I assume those suggesting us get Hurn haven't watched WCE play the past 3 weeks? He's been dreadful.Stop livin in a fairytale, Tex is done

Also think it would be crazy to push Tex out, he still has it if given half a chance. Would love to see him go hard on his pre season but if/when the time comes for him to play in the seconds, would be great leadership to have.

Mutineer pointed out (correct me if I'm wrong) our project player in Ronin Occonor (2019 draft pick 42). From his profile, big body midfielder (191cm/85kg), he had a slender frame when first drafted but has added a few kgs over the preseason. I think opinion was that he definitely would have been drafted in the following year's draft, so why not take him earlier and get some time in a professional environment (relatively speaking for the AFC).

His profile reads pretty nicely, just curious how he stacks up to Hately in terms of skill. Havent seen anything of him, so can anyone comment on his skillset vs Hately?
That’s Lachlan Gallant yr thinking of who’s very skinny and would have been taken. I like him from the trial I saw, just has it. You can just see this with some players. That’s why I’m concerned about McAsey.... can’t see any great attributes for a top 10 pick

Edwards is only playing U18. If he’s a talent as everyone thinks he is shouldn’t he be playing in the reserves at the least ?
I'd argue the reverse. If he was any good, then he'd go straight from U18s to League. Good footballers don't play reserves in the SANFL.

If Atkins goes as a FA, does that get added to the Crouch compo (assuming he goes as well)? Or would it be a separate pick?

I've this vague recollection that they only get added together if you lose multiple and gain less. So if we lost Brouch and Rat and picked up an FA, then they'd add our 2 together and deduct what we gained.

I was under the impression that they look at it as a net gain/loss when determining the compo picks. So if you lose two players and don't gain any through FA then the compo pick provided will be greater.
But say we lost Crouch but picked up Jeremy Cameron then we wouldn't actually get a compo pick for Crouch at all.
Might have changed though, I don't know...

From memory it's pure numbers. To get compo you need a nett loss of players, not quality. So if you lost Brouch and gained a David Mackay, nett FA movement is 0, so no compo at all. If it's 2 out and 0 in I think the compo is per each player. 2 out 1 in, add the 2, deduct the 1.

Maybe so, but not at the expense of Lynch IMO. Unlike many here, I think he's one of our better players, though his kicking has been well off the last couple of years (much like the rest of his team mates).

Lynch is a receiver of clean ball. No value in a rebuilding team as poor as ours. If he's worth anything decent we should sell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Galluci and Himmleberg, are you out of your mind. They are delist and nothing else. Better players in SANFL
Gallucci should be a one year deal to get him through his recovery.

Yeah, Himmelburg is a delist. That list is quite a while ago.

I mentioned in the draft thread, I wouldn’t be against using 69 or 74 on Paddy McCartin
Supposed to be over concussion issues and no doubt the talent is there would be getting games for us
Could be an absolute steal with our lack of KPP depth

Granted we should be drafting Thrilthorpe and Baldwin (just did an ACL will slide)

We’ve a lot of draft picks and out of favour senior players

Thoughts on below?

Trade GWS 1st back to them - Hately

Trade to GWS Laird + future 3rd - Caldwell

Trade 2021 future 2nd rounder > GC Suns = Will Brodie

Trade future 3rd rounder > FRE = Valente

Midfield improved rapidly
Hately
Caldwell
Brodie
Valente

All added in

Right a quiet Sunday morning thoughts on below draft/trade strategy (yes it won’t all happen but can dream)

1: bid on Ugle-Haggan (WB match)
2: Thrilthorpe - FWD/Ruck
3: Hollands - MID
13: Trade > GWS for Hately
20: Baldwin - KPF
30: ? perhaps used as trade bait
40: Edwards FS pick - MID
46: Newchurch NGA pick - Small FWD
69: Borlase NGA pick - Utility
74: abit left field but throw a lifeline to Paddy McCartin

Trades
13> GWS for Hately

Laird + future 3rd to GWS for Caldwell + GWS 2021 3rd rounder coming back

2021 2nd rounder > GC for Will Brodie

2021 GWS 3rd rounder and future 4th > FRE for Valente

Massive influx of young talent a lot homegrown

Thrilthorpe - SA
Hollands - VIC Metro
Hately - SA
Baldwin - SA
Edwards - SA
Newchurch - SA
Borlase - SA
McCartin - VIC Metro - but he will grateful for the lifeline
Caldwell - VIC country
Brodie - Vic Country
Valente - SA

From memory it's pure numbers. To get compo you need a nett loss of players, not quality. So if you lost Brouch and gained a David Mackay, nett FA movement is 0, so no compo at all. If it's 2 out and 0 in I think the compo is per each player. 2 out 1 in, add the 2, deduct the 1.
That's the theory, and it's how the system was originally explained. The reality is that compo picks are announced as soon as the FA paperwork is lodged, and can be traded immediately.

We have never seen an example of compensation picks from multiple players being bundled into 1 higher pick, and the ability to trade picks immediately effectively negates the option of removing compo picks if the losing club subsequently signs a FA themselves.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Right a quiet Sunday morning thoughts on below draft/trade strategy (yes it won’t all happen but can dream)

1: bid on Ugle-Haggan (WB match)
2: Thrilthorpe - FWD/Ruck
3: Hollands - MID
13: Trade > GWS for Hately
20: Baldwin - KPF
30: ? perhaps used as trade bait
40: Edwards FS pick - MID
46: Newchurch NGA pick - Small FWD
69: Borlase NGA pick - Utility
74: abit left field but throw a lifeline to Paddy McCartin

Trades
13> GWS for Hately

Laird + future 3rd to GWS for Caldwell + GWS 2021 3rd rounder coming back

2021 2nd rounder > GC for Will Brodie

2021 GWS 3rd rounder and future 4th > FRE for Valente

Massive influx of young talent a lot homegrown

Thrilthorpe - SA
Hollands - VIC Metro
Hately - SA
Baldwin - SA
Edwards - SA
Newchurch - SA
Borlase - SA
McCartin - VIC Metro - but he will grateful for the lifeline
Caldwell - VIC country
Brodie - Vic Country
Valente - SA

We wouldn’t have to use a first round pick for Hately, I’d say. GWS salary will be so tight with the re-signings at the end of this year, Hately will get the squeeze out. If they can’t afford him, a club doesn’t need to pay too much in the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We wouldn’t have to use a first round pick for Hately, I’d say. GWS salary will be so tight with the re-signings at the end of this year, Hately will get the squeeze out. If they can’t afford him, a club doesn’t need to pay too much in the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Potential we can use pick 30 instead ?

Port unlikely to be into him they are more than stacked for inside Mids

I mentioned in the draft thread, I wouldn’t be against using 69 or 74 on Paddy McCartin
Supposed to be over concussion issues and no doubt the talent is there would be getting games for us
Could be an absolute steal with our lack of KPP depth

Granted we should be drafting Thrilthorpe and Baldwin (just did an ACL will slide)
I suppose it's a nothing pick but McCartin hasn't really looked like the kind to make it either when he hasn't been injured. Looks too big/slow to compete at AFL level.

Just hard to see how he makes it really but hope he can turn it around as he's had an awful run so far.

Looking at our midfield depth, we really should’ve gone harder for that 1st pick on night 2
Deven Robertson, could’ve still got S’berg with the Worrell pick if we’d been smarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back