2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Give GC both Crouches for Rankine.. Get him at almost any cost

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Potential we can use pick 30 instead ?

Port unlikely to be into him they are more than stacked for inside Mids

Port are 100% into him.
He’s asking for a trade home, who knows who he chooses but both clubs are keen.
he isn’t an inside mid. He’s played his football as a outside running mid who can win his own ball. Could he play more inside in the future? Probably. But it’s not how he plays now.
port most certainly won’t be stacked for inside mids. Wines is a good chance to leave, and rocky is on his last legs or done. Our inside mids after them are atley and drew who are always injured. Atley is probably gone at the end of the year.

you guys heard anything about Tom sparrow? Is out of contract and with that melb midfield can see him looking around. Haven’t heard anyone mention his name though.

Port are 100% into him.
He’s asking for a trade home, who knows who he chooses but both clubs are keen.
he isn’t an inside mid. He’s played his football as a outside running mid who can win his own ball. Could he play more inside in the future? Probably. But it’s not how he plays now.
port most certainly won’t be stacked for inside mids. Wines is a good chance to leave, and rocky is on his last legs or done. Our inside mids after them are atley and drew who are always injured. Atley is probably gone at the end of the year.

you guys heard anything about Tom sparrow? Is out of contract and with that melb midfield can see him looking around. Haven’t heard anyone mention his name though.
FFS
Once again we’ll be trumped, every time we lose out
If Port are into him I know who I’d choose if I was Jackson

You guys end up with Rozee and Hately from SA super draft we have .... none

Galluci and Himmleberg, are you out of your mind. They are delist and nothing else. Better players in SANFL

I would say retaining Gallucci is important for cultural reasons.

Done his Achilles, so the least we can do is put him on a list until that's healed up.

FFS
Once again we’ll be trumped, every time we lose out
If Port are into him I know who I’d choose if I was Jackson

You guys end up with Rozee and Hately from SA super draft we have .... none

with where our club is at and the young players here that he would know I would assume we are in the box seat but who knows. They make decisions for a multitude of reasons considering different factors

with where our club is at and the young players here that he would know I would assume we are in the box seat but who knows. They make decisions for a multitude of reasons considering different factors

If any young player is smart, they would not want to join our shitshow.

Only speculating but judging by the look on his parents face when we called out Chayce Jones - they looked pissed- especially Mrs Hately
I have to wonder whether we indicated we would take him

Only speculating but judging by the look on his parents face when we called out Chayce Jones - they looked pissed- especially Mrs Hately
I have to wonder whether we indicated we would take him

If we did, there is no chance of him wanting to be a part of our team now.

with where our club is at and the young players here that he would know I would assume we are in the box seat but who knows. They make decisions for a multitude of reasons considering different fac

You'd assume so, though we do both offer different opportunities.

Hately is probably a starter at both clubs. You'd expect he'd get more money here just because we're at the bottom of the allowed ttp spend and likely to shed another 1mil+ in salary this offseason. He'd probably have an easier time making it at Port just due to the support around him.

Interesting choice ahead of him though.

I would say retaining Gallucci is important for cultural reasons.

Done his Achilles, so the least we can do is put him on a list until that's healed up.
Cut him and put him on the rookie list, the same as we did with Sam Shaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This stuff about getting talented young guys not getting game time at other clubs is all so fanciful.

We all know the only kind of players we will be bringing in are unspectacular guys like Lynch, Jenkins, Cheney, Gibson, Seedsman, Hampton, Menzel.

Won't pay much in trade terms. Most won't get a game. Some will be serviceable.

The only superstar we've brought in in recent times is Eddie. And he went home again anyway.

We are at where we are at because we have made list management decisions to not upset anyone

We have previously ****ed up with salary cap management but really that barely the story of why we are here. That story belongs to Brett Burton and how to destroy any team culture and chemistry.

It's a duty of care thing for us. Give gooch a rookie spot, let him use our contacts (and the AFLs health plan) and get him right. If the club wants players to trust them, this is the bare minimum.

Potential we can use pick 30 instead ?

Port unlikely to be into him they are more than stacked for inside Mids
Depends what Port does with Wines.

I think 20 is about right.

We are not in a position to play Red Cross,

No. We are because we have to be. If we kicked him to the curb in the middle of rehabbing what is likely to be a career ending injury, it sends a clear message that we do not give a s**t about our employees (players, off-field staff etc). Any of them worth their salt would be immediately looking to the door.

Just give him a rookie spot and get him right. It's this stuff that helps build a successful culture. Players knowing the club will always have their backs.

No. We are because we have to be. If we kicked him to the curb in the middle of rehabbing what is likely to be a career ending injury, it sends a clear message that we do not give a sh*t about our employees (players, off-field staff etc). Any of them worth their salt would be immediately looking to the door.

Just give him a rookie spot and get him right. It's this stuff that helps build a successful culture. Players knowing the club will always have their backs.
Play the nice guy, so all the boys from good families come to us, can still provide support in his rehab not on our list

No. We are because we have to be. If we kicked him to the curb in the middle of rehabbing what is likely to be a career ending injury, it sends a clear message that we do not give a sh*t about our employees (players, off-field staff etc). Any of them worth their salt would be immediately looking to the door.

Week by week, month by month, year by year.

Our rebuild needs to come from every aspect of the Club, culture, squad, off-field, on field, the way it treats its members and values them highly.

Given where we are at, I think this would be a good message to send that we do look after players.

The AFC really needs to begin to distance itself from the Club that it was over the past 5 years and become a totally different place.

Play the nice guy, so all the boys from good families come to us, can still provide support in his rehab not on our list

Youre missing the bigger picture at stake here. We need to be viewed as a Club that players want to come to. We need to reach that stage in 3-4 years time.

At the moment we are definitely not that Club.

Youre missing the bigger picture at stake here. We need to be viewed as a Club that players want to come to. We need to reach that stage in 3-4 years time.

At the moment we are definitely not that Club.
Understand that, but I would prefer players want to come here because we are a strong successful well run club, not a charitable club,don’t want to wait another 3-4 years been living in mediocrity long enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back