2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He wasn't in an NGA

Tsapatolis last played football for the Yarraville Seddon Eagles in 2015 as a 13-year-old.

That ref to Jackson & Rantall is for a BB tournament, I think.

NB. CatB eligibility is to not have played Aussie Rules for something like the previous 3 years (as per Greenwood/Keath).
"The Crows entered 2020 without any Category B listed players but may also opt to use the list with players from their Next Generation Academy heading into 2021."

"The Crows entered 2020 without any Category B listed players but may also opt to use the list with players from their Next Generation Academy heading into 2021."
Ah yep, hadn't notice that clause before...

10.1 Rookie List – Establishment and Number
(a) Each Club must maintain a Rookie List up to a maximum number of Category A
Rookie Players and Category B Rookie Players as detailed in Appendix 1.
(b) In addition to maintaining the maximum number of allowable Category A Rookie
Players on their Rookie List under Rule 10.1, each Club may include a maximum
of three (3) extra Players on its Category B Rookie List provided those Players
are
:
(i) former International Scholarship List Players at that Club who have been
nominated under Rule 13.5 or 13.8;
(ii) former Club Academy players at that Club who have been nominated
under Rule 14.4
;

14.4 Listing of Club Academy Player

This happens every year with every Club.

I am sure Brouch, His Manager and the Crows know exactly where everyone sits.

He is on the move IMO. Otherwise, why wouldnt he have signed on by now, if he loves Adelaide that much and wants to stay here.

Becsuse we haven't tabled an offer for him to sign. And we won't be unless it's matching an offer or he comes to us lowballing himself.

I don't know, how many...?

(I'm assuming this is the start of a joke)
It should be, but I couldn't think of any crows players with Greek background, not many in the AFL really.

Here's a bag joke to make to for it:

What do you call a Greek falling out of a tree?

Condescending.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It should be, but I couldn't think of any crows players with Greek background, not many in the AFL really.

Here's a bag joke to make to for it:

What do you call a Greek falling out of a tree?

Condescending.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im a bit blown away by certain players, I had no idea they had that cultural background.

Tim Kelly from Chile, Rance from India, Rutten from Holland and of course Dangerfield from Moggs Creek.

1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we do not let Brad Crouch go via RFA then we need to delist somebody else. In fact, by signing Brad Crouch on to another deal, we will have to pay somebody else out of their current contract.

With Brad going, we free up $650,000 which we can use to pay mid-priced contracts to Hately/ Graham/ Cadwell etc.

If he stays, not only do we lose the option to recruit these guys, but we have to pay out another player's contract to get to 38 players, or we cannot recruit Edwards, Newchurch and Borlase.

Most likely I'd pay out Davis (We will likely have to regardless of Crouch- costing $160,000), and Frampton (costing us $160,000) - on top of Jenkins ($300,000). So paying $620,000 in wages plus keeping Crouch on $500,000 to $600,000 is not viable.

Brad understands the AFL industry, and also that life brings about change. He could have signed the contract last year, didn't and now life has gone against him. But he will find new opportunity in Melbourne, maybe he will like life out in Windy Hill/ Geelong? Unfortunately, there is no room for sentimentality, which is why you have a business manager like Chapman as chairman.

Edit: Forgot we are also paying out Gibbs, probably for $350,000 - 50% discount for not playing and for getting a farewell game - total almost $1m in non-playing cap.

Jenkins is the same as Betts. No more money for them.

Leave the Greeks, just get Ivan Maric to get his cousins over from Croatia. Richmond seem to be doing alright out of it lol Bolta and Soldo. Genetics rule lol ....Jakovic brothers, Doritic, Surjan, Sumich , Gaspar, Didak, Ugrinic brothers, Nikoski, Salopek, Grgic ....

Tomorrow's game Saints v Giants has the potential to shape the 2020 draft IMO.

If the Saints lose and again get bashed and torn apart in the midfield as they did v the Eagles, the Saints will be desperate for an immediate fix given their window is now and given their interest with Brouch in the past this looms massively in our favour. The fact that Brouch had decent games v GWS and Eagles will hold some sway too, given their recent debacle.

A Saints loss, almost knocks them out of the 8.

The have room in their cap to pay a decent price for him too. They should have enough to offer Brouch and us Pick 2.

If we do not let Brad Crouch go via RFA then we need to delist somebody else. In fact, by signing Brad Crouch on to another deal, we will have to pay somebody else out of their current contract.

wait what? this makes no sense.

If we lose brad -1 player +1 draft pick

If we keep brad -0 players and +0 draft picks.

Our list size stays the same.

Tomorrow's game Saints v Giants has the potential to shape the 2020 draft IMO.

If the Saints lose and again get bashed and torn apart in the midfield as they did v the Eagles, the Saints will be desperate for an immediate fix given their window is now and given their interest with Brouch in the past this looms massively in our favour. The fact that Brouch had decent games v GWS and Eagles will hold some sway too, given their recent debacle.

A Saints loss, almost knocks them out of the 8.

The have room in their cap to pay a decent price for him too. They should have enough to offer Brouch and us Pick 2.
The Saints trade and draft strategy wont be based on the outcome of one game

Going into tonights game they will already have a strong vview on what they nees in 2021.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure how credible this guy is, but tweeting that the Saints have offered $500-600K / 5 year to Caldwell. Seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

A kid thats played less than 10 games.. has potential but hasn’t proven anything...

According to this rumour.. Worth 500-600k a year..

and Stkilda fans on the Jye Caldwell trade thread reacon he’s not worth a first round pick..

Meanwhile over on the Brad Crouch trade thread.. port, stkilda and cats fans are all argueing on the other hand that Brad is only worth $500k a year!..

Never change bigfooty..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back