2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say a lot of people who got caught like Brad and Tyson would be sacked from their jobs.
I doubt it. Why would their employers need to know. And no future employers would know either. Because rightly there is conviction for this, or possession of small quantities of cannabis for example (which in SA only attracts an on the spot fine)

I don't care where Twomey or anyone else rate him, that's where I rate him, time will tell I guess.

Are you suggesting Sydney won't match if a bid comes in from Adelaide or North?
There is absolutely the chance they won't, yes - as there ALWAYS is the chance a club won't. Every year there are NGAs who aren't matched.

Is the chance small? Maybe. Would they not match if it meant they could get McDonald instead? Possibly.

Everyone is posting here like Sydney is forced to take Campbell, no matter how early it is and even if there are players they rate as better than him still on the board.

Sydney don't have to, and won't if it doesn't benefit them.

There is absolutely the chance they won't, yes - as there ALWAYS is the chance a club won't. Every year there are NGAs who aren't matched.

Is the chance small? Maybe. Would they not match if it meant they could get McDonald instead? Possibly.

Everyone is posting here like Sydney is forced to take Campbell, no matter how early it is and even if there are players they rate as better than him still on the board.

Sydney don't have to, and won't if it doesn't benefit them.
depends on daniher for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that is so not true you must have lived a sheltered life
OK - enough with the garbage 'I must have lived a sheltered life' s**t' .. just say it's not true and provide some sort explanation instead of big noting yourself

I get it, if your living in FIFO scenario working in construction, mining, or oil & gas for example, yes they can dictate. However that is not the norm for most people in the work force

OK - enough with the garbage 'I must have lived a sheltered life' sh*t' .. just say it's not true and provide some sort explanation instead of big noting yourself

I get it, if your living in FIFO scenario working in construction, mining, or oil & gas for example, yes they can dictate. However that is not the norm for most people in the work force
its not a big note its just you keep shutting it down. this is a thing and in many industries.

ive seen contracts where it even states who you can or cannot have relationship with. some of the things have been absolutely ridiculous.

its not a big note its just you keep shutting it down. this is a thing and in many industries.

ive seen contracts where it even states who you can or cannot have relationship with. some of the things have been absolutely ridiculous.
Shutting what down ..?

I don't understand your next sentence

How exactly?

Unless you are caught in possession at work or you get drug tested at work and return a non-negative..

Then how does your employer find out about it?.. and then sack you without the risk of being up for unfair dismissal?..
A lot of jobs have employment conditions requiring disclosure. So the employee is required to report, and come clean.

If you don't disclose, the consequences are far more serious, like dismissal for example.

So Hey Shorty's comment is in fact correct. A lot of people would lose their jobs in these circumstances.

Not AFL footballers, but not everyone is a professional AFL footballer.

A lot of jobs have employment conditions requiring disclosure. So the employee is required to report, and come clean.

If you don't disclose, the consequences are far more serious, like dismissal for example.

So Hey Shorty's comment is in fact correct. A lot of people would lose their jobs in these circumstances.

It's not, most employees are covered by rudimentary awards. Read some FWA outcomes and you'll come to understand. It would be the vast majority of employees that wouldn't have any responsibility to disclose an event like Brouch/Stengle.

An INCREDIBLY small amount of the workforce would be covered by an award that allows anything remotely like what you're saying.

I dont think there is any way geelong will trade picks for crouch now. cant see this pick 11 + parfitt happening under any circumstances. if they did offer it Im sure we would take it because parfitt would take stengle spot nicely and so on....

I think if cats still want him they would rather pay more for him salary wise hopefully triggering band 1 than trade those picks. but brad will not help them win a premiership. they dont need a top up, they need a cleanout so I wouldn't be surprised if they withdrew in the race for brad altogether.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back