2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well according to the fu**in filthy scumbag Purple..
View attachment 975441

The club should “be happy to move him on given his attitude over the PAST YEAR”!!.

WTF???.. one incident apparently now equals a whole year of bad attitude!..

How is this cu in the nt allowed to write this hysterical nonsense without losing his AFL accreditation?..
Unbelievable that the AFL actually employ this twat.

View attachment 975441

The club should “be happy to move him on given his attitude over the PAST YEAR”!!.

How is this cu in the nt allowed to write this hysterical nonsense without losing his AFL accreditation?..
Funny that Nicks has been glowing in terms of Brad every time the questions about him have come from the media....I guess that twat Purple can see all this from the bunker up in Queensland. The club should grow some balls and dispute this with him publicly.

its not true anyway at cats because they dont pay overs
I think it's been proven that paying evens for everyone doesn't work anymore. Geelong would be changing their salary structure, if they haven't already.

View attachment 975441

He’d be talking about how he shopped himself last offseason I reckon.

Just wait until they get knocked out in the next week or two, suddenly Crouch will become a massive priority again and the drugs issue will become a "non-event".

Its interesting, Sam Edmund reckons he's spoken to the clubs interested in Crouch and the thought is his incident wont change much, mentioned that the clubs actually reached out to Brad to check on his mental health and reinforce their interest.

Damien Barrett on the other hand reckons it will cost him a lot of money, although doesn't actually claim to have spoken to anyone and is on record as thinking Brad is significantly over-rated (Wouldn't have paid pick 15 last year for him...).

Then you've got Kane Cornes off on his crusade against the Crows, likely to distract from "Jacky-Boys" little "indiscretion".

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. The key players for Brad appear to be Geelong, Richmond and Port, all of whom made top 4 and are likely more focused on finals at present. Just wait till a little panic sets in when 2-3 of these clubs miss finals, suddenly they'll be findings a few extra $100k a year to bring in a midfield free agent...
And St Kilda.

can someone explain why he actually always looks s good size in these sort of photos but looks like an ant on the field?
Because he's not overly tall. Always looked like a nugget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he's a midget in AFL terms

He really isn't. In terms of height/size he's about as average as average can get in the AFL seeing he's in that 181-189 cm bracket. The average height is 188 cm, however, there are more positions which have a pre-req. for a player to be tall (namely every key position, third tall and ruck role would require 190 cm+) compared to preferring smaller blokes (seeing that's only small forward and defender) so the height for the average midfielder would be most likely 181-184 cm (Especially noting that a "big bodied midfielder" is only in and around that average for height).

There is a real fantasy world people live in with the size of AFL players, especially midfielders.

Last edited:
He is on the small side but makes up for it with his freakish athleticism.

He has an uncanny knack of running at speed really low to the ground and an incredible leap.

He's a freak athletically but I wonder what impact the Achilles injury will have on this.

That's basically small forward height these days.
Caleb Daniel and Eddie Betts are the outliers.
How tall are Lachie Neale, Dayne Zorko, Zach Merrett, Andrew McGrath, Jade Gresham and Dion Prestia?

Size doesn't matter if you can play....that's the biggest problem with Jordan, can he play?

He really isn't. In terms of height/size he's about as average as average can get in the AFL seeing he's in that 181-189 cm bracket (average height is 188 cm, however, there are more positions which have a pre-req. for a player to be tall (namely every key position, third tall and ruck role would require 190 cm+) compared to preferring smaller blokes (seeing that's only small forward and defender) so the height for the average midfielder would be most likely 181-184 cm (Especially noting that a "big bodied midfielder" is only in and around that average for height).

There is a real fantasy world people live in with the size of AFL players, especially midfielders.
Anyway to work out the median height?

I dont think there is any way geelong will trade picks for crouch now. cant see this pick 11 + parfitt happening under any circumstances. if they did offer it Im sure we would take it because parfitt would take stengle spot nicely and so on....

I think if cats still want him they would rather pay more for him salary wise hopefully triggering band 1 than trade those picks. but brad will not help them win a premiership. they dont need a top up, they need a cleanout so I wouldn't be surprised if they withdrew in the race for brad altogether.

I think Cats should definitely top up for 21/22 flag tilts. Grab Cameron and Brouch as free agents and use their 3 first rounders as beginning of 2023 rebuild.

Anyway to work out the median height?

I can't think of an easier way to do it outside of just compiling every AFL players height into a document, and doing it from there. I only saw mean height in the article I read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back