2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So are we playing Fog, Lynch, Walker and Berg in the same team next year?

Feel like something has to give there.......

We did start using Lynch on the wing a lot more as the season rolled on. It's an ok compromise for 2021.

Though, we probably want to move Tex into an SANFL only role + a farewell game in 2021 which will certainly help.

Tigers Flag Team... Only 6 players taken in the top-25 of the National draft... Astute picking and trading elsewhere.

[TD valign="middle"] Player [/TD][TD valign="middle"] Draft [/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Riewoldt, Jack[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2006-National 13[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Edwards, Shane[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2006-National 26[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Cotchin, Trent[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2007-National 2[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Martin, Dustin[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2009-National 3[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Astbury, David[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2009-National 35[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Grimes, Dylan[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2009-Pre-Seas 2[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Houli, Bachar[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2010-Pre-Seas 3[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]McIntosh, Kamdyn[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2012-National 31[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Vlastuin, Nick[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2012-National 9[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Rioli, Daniel[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2015-National 15[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Broad, Nathan[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2015-National 67[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Lambert, Kane[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2014-Rookie 46[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Bolton, Shai[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2016-National 29[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Graham, Jack[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2016-National 53[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Short, Jayden[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2014-Rookie 11[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Prestia, Dion[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2016-Traded by Gold Coast (along with draft pick 24) for draft pick 6 and future draft pick (2017 Round 2)[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Nankervis, Toby[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2016-Traded by Sydney for draft pick 46[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Balta, Noah[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2017-National 25[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Castagna, Jason[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2014-Rookie 29[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Lynch, Tom J.[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2018-Free Agent from Gold Coast[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Pickett, Marlion[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2019-Mid-Season Rookie 13[/TD]

[TD valign="middle"]Baker, Liam[/TD][TD valign="middle"]2017-Rookie 18[/TD]

more astute culture and coaching than anything aside a small handful of stars, all of whom bring out the best in each other.

Walker will be lucky to play 5 games next year. i expect to see him in the SANFL. He cant be given games next year. not on how he played this year. he is cooked.

If we get band 1 compo for Crouch.

We give WB 21 & 30 for Pick 13 and we won't bid on Ugle-Hagan.
We give GC Pick 9 & 13 for Pick 6 & 25.
We trade Pick 25 to GWS for Hately.
We trade a Future 3rd to SK for Webster and a Future 4th.
We trade a Future 4th to SK for Dunstan.

Pick 1 - Hollands (Adel)
Pick 2 - Bid on Campbell (Syd)
Pick 3 - Thilthorpe (Adel)
Pick 4 - McDonald (NM)
Pick 5 - Bid on Ugle-Hagan (WB)
Pick 6 - Grainger-Barrass (Haw)
Pick 7 - Phillips (Adel)

Picks 44, 50 & 60 plus any Atkins or Hartigan compo picks to be used on NGA's or best available.

That's fanciful at best, but I like it.

Thoughts on trading Brodie Smith (prior to free agency next year) where it will be a distinct possibility he will leave as a free agent. Due to where our club is currently at he will likely get better offers elsewhere under free agency .

Now I'm not sure of his status but the knee could put him into the UFA category meaning we won't be able to match and will need to take the Afl's compo ( if it still exists ). Footywire has him as a UFA but this can be wrong at times. MCrouch, Laird, Lynch, Talia all freer agents as well next year. If we could get a top 12 pick for Smith I wouldn't be adverse to trading him now (while his value is higher) instead of relying on whatever the AFL is in the mood to give us through compensation next year. Smith and Lynch are the two that I would be looking at moving early prior to free agency.

Smith would be UFA due to 10 years of service.

Pick 1 - Hollands (Adel)
Pick 4 - McDonald (NM)
Pick 7 - Phillips (Adel)

Picks 44, 50 & 60 plus any Atkins or Hartigan compo picks to be used on NGA's or best available.

I know its campaigner move, but can we give the Dogs picks 21 and 30 for Pick 13 and still bid on JUH, you know to make up for the way they screwed us with Keath?

We ?? You mean some people on this board

I think JR has probably learnt his lesson on big contracts, hence Crouch, Greenwood and Keath moving on.

JR is but one of a few. Surely it wouldn't surprise if he got the same instruction re Sloane's extension as he did re the Gibbs trade. There is no doubt Admin/board stick there noses in, it's just a question of extent. Brian Cook was on the other day and he was talking about list management and how he sits in the meetings and basically says nothing, leaves it to the professionals. Would Fagan and Roo do the same? The Gibbs boast suggests not.

Pick 1 - Hollands (Adel)
Pick 4 - McDonald (NM)
Pick 7 - Phillips (Adel)

Not the worst I've seen. Most are very much plausible.

I'm also pretty keen on Phillips. I think he is a real strong leader and would drive the team forward. Could be a Luke Hodge type.
If we drafted Hollands, Thilthorpe & Phillips, then added Hately, Borlase and Newchurch, it would be an amazing outcome.

Personally though, I'd be pushing to do a deal with Sydney that lets them get Campbell and McDonald. If we could swap pick 2 for 4 and their 2021 1st, I would be keen. I'd also push for a seperate trade involving Hayward....

Depends on what North are after though. We can't miss both Thilthorpe and McDonald.

We did start using Lynch on the wing a lot more as the season rolled on. It's an ok compromise for 2021.

Though, we probably want to move Tex into an SANFL only role + a farewell game in 2021 which will certainly help.

I don't see Tex ever getting dropped to the SANFL. The best we can hope for is that he retires end of 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JR is but one of a few. Surely it wouldn't surprise if he got the same instruction re Sloane's extension as he did re the Gibbs trade. There is no doubt Admin/board stick there noses in, it's just a question of extent. Brian Cook was on the other day and he was talking about list management and how he sits in the meetings and basically says nothing, leaves it to the professionals. Would Fagan and Roo do the same? The Gibbs boast suggests not.
I think there's enough evidence now to suggest we've learnt, Gibbs being the tipping point.

Walker will be lucky to play 5 games next year. i expect to see him in the SANFL. He cant be given games next year. not on how he played this year. he is cooked.

Much more likely that Tex will play every game that he declares himself fit for. My money is on him being injured or playing AFL. If he has a hampered preseason he might have a tune up or 2 in the SANFL, otherwise I expect him suiting up in the 1s or not at all.

Pick 1 - Hollands (Adel)
Pick 4 - McDonald (NM)
Pick 7 - Phillips (Adel)

I wanted to like this, but seems like FAR too much to give for Hately. You'd really want to be backing in Phillips, if you think he's worth 9 and 13 (considering we can get Hately in the PSD).

I know its campaigner move, but can we give the Dogs picks 21 and 30 for Pick 13 and still bid on JUH, you know to make up for the way they screwed us with Keath?

Realistically, no.

No team would ever trust us again - and it's a massive overreaction for getting unders for Keath.

Walker for me it depends what shape he comes back and his preseason. He can either become motivated again and come back better shape or goes through the motions and play in the SANFL.

Walker for me it depends what shape he comes back and his preseason. He can either become motivated again and come back better shape or goes through the motions and play in the SANFL.

I don't think motivation to play good footy is an issue. Being able to get the miles in the legs to strip fitter is the problem. There's next to zero chance that he'll be dropped for form. If we didn't do it this year, it's something that simply isn't on the table.

I wanted to like this, but seems like FAR too much to give for Hately. You'd really want to be backing in Phillips, if you think he's worth 9 and 13 (considering we can get Hately in the PSD).
I agree with this. 25 for Hately is too high. Hell in Victoria they think 25 is too much for B Crouch so Hately should be around pick 95

I agree with this. 25 for Hately is too high. Hell in Victoria they think 25 is too much for B Crouch so Hately should be around pick 95

The Hately trade doesn't involve any Victorian teams so the media literally does not give a *

The Hately trade doesn't involve any Victorian teams so the media literally does not give a fu**
Ah but they will. When it turns out that GWS are holding up the J Cameron trade they will somehow blame the Crows and want us to give up more so GWS are adequately compensated overall.

I don't think motivation to play good footy is an issue. Being able to get the miles in the legs to strip fitter is the problem. There's next to zero chance that he'll be dropped for form. If we didn't do it this year, it's something that simply isn't on the table.
Good examples are Hawkins, Ebert and Boak. If he can get fitter than previous 2 years there is something he can give. But if not, he play out in the SANFL and play when required.

Good examples are Hawkins, Ebert and Boak. If he can get fitter than previous 2 years there is something he can give. But if not, he play out in the SANFL and play when required.
I agree with this 100%. He either returns in the best shape of his life - I'm talking six pack, lean, super fit, or he coaches the forward line in the SANFL. We simply can't carry him anymore.

Ah but they will. When it turns out that GWS are holding up the J Cameron trade they will somehow blame the Crows and want us to give up more so GWS are adequately compensated overall.
Tinfoil hat stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back