2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good examples are Hawkins, Ebert and Boak. If he can get fitter than previous 2 years there is something he can give. But if not, he play out in the SANFL and play when required.
I agree with this 100%. He either returns in the best shape of his life - I'm talking six pack, lean, super fit, or he coaches the forward line in the SANFL. We simply can't carry him anymore.

Ah but they will. When it turns out that GWS are holding up the J Cameron trade they will somehow blame the Crows and want us to give up more so GWS are adequately compensated overall.
Tinfoil hat stuff

Much more likely that Tex will play every game that he declares himself fit for. My money is on him being injured or playing AFL. If he has a hampered preseason he might have a tune up or 2 in the SANFL, otherwise I expect him suiting up in the 1s or not at all.
Nicks and Reid need to have a man conversation with Tex then and negotiate a payout then if we are going to play him in the AFL whenever he declares himself available.

If we get band 1 compo for Crouch.

We give WB 21 & 30 for Pick 13 and we won't bid on Ugle-Hagan.
We give GC Pick 9 & 13 for Pick 6 & 25.
We trade Pick 25 to GWS for Hately.
We trade a Future 3rd to SK for Webster and a Future 4th.
We trade a Future 4th to SK for Dunstan.

Pick 1 - Hollands (Adel)
Pick 2 - Bid on Campbell (Syd)
Pick 3 - Thilthorpe (Adel)
Pick 4 - McDonald (NM)
Pick 5 - Bid on Ugle-Hagan (WB)
Pick 6 - Grainger-Barrass (Haw)
Pick 7 - Phillips (Adel)

Picks 44, 50 & 60 plus any Atkins or Hartigan compo picks to be used on NGA's or best available.

I actually think Gold Coast wouldn't do that deal, I think pick 5 will go to a player.

However, I think Hawks would be open to picks 9 and 13 for 4 and 21 - this would allow them to look at 2 players like Bruhn and Henry or Cox.

Nicks and Reid need to have a man conversation with Tex then and negotiate a payout then if we are going to play him in the AFL whenever he declares himself available.
Tex came out on radio this year stating that he wasnt sure what his future holds in regards to 2021..

Nicks and the club instantly came oit and emphatically stated that tex would be a required player in 2021..

you are talking about a club that has had David Mookay on its list for the last three seasons and in that time has played most games!.. yep... david *in mookay!. And it seems like they are even considering Maybe givin him another year..

and yet you think Tex will be playing Sanfl next year...

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.... Yeah right!.

Good examples are Hawkins, Ebert and Boak. If he can get fitter than previous 2 years there is something he can give. But if not, he play out in the SANFL and play when required.

He won't play SANFL, he's AFL only. If he manages a Thommo like extension into 2022, he may be that SANFL leader, but his gold pass is still very valid next year.

I agree with this. 25 for Hately is too high. Hell in Victoria they think 25 is too much for B Crouch so Hately should be around pick 95
I think I read on the AFL website that Hately was expected to be traded for a ‘later’ pick, compared to Caldwell, who’d take an ‘early’ one

Now who knows what ‘late’ means, but we might be able to get away with a pick beyond the Bulldogs’ 2nd even, although that’s the pick I’m expecting will go

I think I read on the AFL website that Hately was expected to be traded for a ‘later’ pick, compared to Caldwell, who’d take an ‘early’ one

Now who knows what ‘late’ means, but we might be able to get away with a pick beyond the Bulldogs’ 2nd even, although that’s the pick I’m expecting will go
If it's for 29, then I'd assume 39 would be coming back. Otherwise it's a trade for 45 or 50.

Even the biased VIC media are happy to project a late second round for Hately. (He's going between non-VIC clubs.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Hately and 39 for 29 and 50?
We should pay just enough to get him secure and training with us during trade week rather than having to wait for the PSD.

Pick 50+. Or a swap like you proposed. No more.

There is absolutely no reason to give up a quality pick which could get us another player like Hamill.

Anything more would be an ex gratia payment to a competitor. Dumb. I hope we don’t do it.

We should pay just enough to get him secure and training with us during trade week rather than having to wait for the PSD.

Pick 50+. Or a swap like you proposed. No more.

There is absolutely no reason to give up a quality pick which could get us another player like Hamill.

Anything more would be an ex gratia payment to a competitor. Dumb. I hope we don’t do it.

We may give a pick that we don’t plan to use anyway. A lot of water to go under the bridge yet but depending on list sizes we may only want 4 picks and hopefully that’s 1-2-8-20

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We may give a pick that we don’t plan to use anyway. A lot of water to go under the bridge yet but depending on list sizes we may only want 4 picks and hopefully that’s 1-2-8-20

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Suppose that is the case and it is a valuable pick but we don’t plan to use it eg pick 30, then instead of gifting it to a competitor, we should trade it to another club for a future 2nd.

You can't get rid of contracted players, they are on the list for 2021. Players like Davis, Lynch, Seedsman, Kelly are NOT going to get interest from other clubs, we can see what their failings are, other clubs see them even more clearly!

Waste of time even mentioning moving them on. We have three I believe uncontracted players, all should be very nervous as we look to load up on young talent.

Reckon we'll have a few late picks surplus, deals to be done for 2021 picks from clubs desperate for 2020 points like Dogs and Swans

you can get rid of contracted players, and clubs do just that.

you still have to pay them but you get the list spot back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back