2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the conjecture over the Pies seemingly parting company with Adam Treloar is he someone we would have a crack at given Brouch's departure?
It would need a first rounder to get him most probably.
Genuinely interested?

NO

Would love to hear reasoning for having Gallucci below Polk and Crocker? I disagree but I think I might be able to understand where you're coming from
If you might be able to understand, can you share that with the rest of us.

I'd have no idea why he would think that.

Would love to hear reasoning for having Gallucci below Polk and Crocker? I disagree but I think I might be able to understand where you're coming from
Refer to the Godden interview earlier this year.

It's about attitude - Gallucci is infamous for picking and choosing when he gives 100%, and barely giving 20% the rest of the time. Poholke may be the textbook definition of vanilla, but at least he gives 100% all the time.

why don't we re-rookie riley knight? always loved his intensity, just unlucky with injuries.
Because he's not a very good footballer, and we want to improve our list rather than stagnate by filling it up with cloggers.

If Mackay is first in line there is no line as it means we give the others no chance of making it at AFL level.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Given the conjecture over the Pies seemingly parting company with Adam Treloar is he someone we would have a crack at given Brouch's departure?
Genuinely interested?
And people reckon Brad is a ball burner.....Brad is bordering on Sam Mitchell'd foot skills if we're comparing his kicking with Treloar.

If Mackay is first in line there is no line as it means we give the others no chance of making it at AFL level.
I fail to see a problem with this statement. Gooch, Dots & Crocker have no chance of making it at the AFL level.

Refer to the Godden interview earlier this year.

It's about attitude - Gallucci is infamous for picking and choosing when he gives 100%, and barely giving 20% the rest of the time. Poholke may be the textbook definition of vanilla, but at least he gives 100% all the time.

perhaps you are right re Gallucci’s attitude to this point in time. I personally think he is by far the more talented footballer of Crocker and Poholke, and prior to the Achilles had decent pace. I also reckon he was a player who often did good things with the possessions he got, even though he wasn’t a ball magnet.
I think he has definitely been one to suffer at selection and has had limited opportunities at a time when we were backing experience over youth in the Campo and Pyke era.
I think the club should keep him on the list and see whether a) he pulls up after the injury with decent pace still AND b) whether Nicks’ style is more suited to getting the most out of Gooch. There’s been some buy in from other youth who have also been biding their time.
And Vader, you have bagged players in the past who have gone on to do well or at very least get the most out of their careers elsewhere. I don’t think we’ve done our due diligence with Gooch yet!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

perhaps you are right re Gallucci’s attitude to this point in time. I personally think he is by far the more talented footballer of Crocker and Poholke, and prior to the Achilles had decent pace. I also reckon he was a player who often did good things with the possessions he got, even though he wasn’t a ball magnet.
I think he has definitely been one to suffer at selection and has had limited opportunities at a time when we were backing experience over youth in the Campo and Pyke era.
I think the club should keep him on the list and see whether a) he pulls up after the injury with decent pace still AND b) whether Nicks’ style is more suited to getting the most out of Gooch. There’s been some buy in from other youth who have also been biding their time.
And Vader, you have bagged players in the past who have gone on to do well or at very least get the most out of their careers elsewhere. I don’t think we’ve done our due diligence with Gooch yet!
There's no question at all that Gooch is the most talented of that particular trio - he definitely is.

Godden's comments weren't aimed at what Gooch produced in his limited AFL opportunities - it was a comment on how he performs all of the time, at training and in the SANFL. Make no mistake, Godden's statement was coming from the whole coaching group - including Nicks.

We've already seen Nicks sideline players such as Seedsman, Knight & Atkins. There is nothing to suggest that he'd be supportive of a player like Gooch, who picks & chooses when to work hard.

In an ideal world, players are both talented and hard working - and if Gooch or Dots had both of these qualities then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Gooch is talented, but lazy. Poholke has limited talent, but reliably gives 100%. Players like Gooch are toxic, whereas players like Dots are "mostly harmless" (with apologies to Douglas Adams RIP).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Correct, the other 3 are basically just depth now if we have injuries. If the list sizes are cut then we can't afford to keep them if they won't ever be best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no question at all that Gooch is the most talented of that particular trio - he definitely is.

Godden's comments weren't aimed at what Gooch produced in his limited AFL opportunities - it was a comment on how he performs all of the time, at training and in the SANFL. Make no mistake, Godden's statement was coming from the whole coaching group - including Nicks.

We've already seen Nicks sideline players such as Seedsman, Knight & Atkins. There is nothing to suggest that he'd be supportive of a player like Gooch, who picks & chooses when to work hard.

In an ideal world, players are both talented and hard working - and if Gooch or Dots had both of these qualities then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Gooch is talented, but lazy. Poholke has limited talent, but reliably gives 100%. Players like Gooch are toxic, whereas players like Dots are "mostly harmless" (with apologies to Douglas Adams RIP).

I’m still not convinced that Gooch couldn’t learn in the right environment to be committed to an AFL acceptable standard. May be just feeling quite despondent - partly form - partly lack of opportunity.
I would give him another year to see if this changes.

Genuinely interested?

Isn't he contracted till 2025? What a balls up by the pies.

I’m still not convinced that Gooch couldn’t learn in the right environment to be committed to an AFL acceptable standard. May be just feeling quite despondent - partly form - partly lack of opportunity.
I'm happy for him to have another year... just not on Adelaide's playing lists.

why don't we re-rookie riley knight? always loved his intensity, just unlucky with injuries.

He's so average.

We get the point - but did you really need to post the same thing 4 times?

key lack opportunity due to pyke still thing worth first rounder if given a year worth of games😁I’m in the keep him

His 2021 salary is $900k and Collingwood are only willing to pay around $200k for that one year.
Good luck finding someone who is willing to take that contract off their hands. I suspect they'll end up paying $500K for the duration of the contract, if he is going to end up anywhere else.

Good luck finding someone who is willing to take that contract off their hands. I suspect they'll end up paying $500K for the duration of the contract, if he is going to end up anywhere else.
GC have no incentive to part with pick 5. If they know Collingwood are wanting him out and will pay probably at least a mill over the rest of his contract to get him gone, they don't need to be paying more than second round tops.

Unless he's a truly toxic human I can't fathom Collingwood's strategy.

They won't clearly much, if any, cap space, and won't get a good pick when they're forcing him to leave.

The ill will generated for no net return is befuddling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back