2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like the reverse of Gibbs, heavily back ended so the club has had the benefit of a low wage already now want to get rid of him when the wage inscreases.

He is only 1 year into this deal so not a back ended issue. They obviously have prioritised DeGoey and possibly have another target in mind so are getting rid of him. Even if they pay $500k out of the remaining $3.6m it is still a massive amount back in their cap

Watch the Cats clear some space and he lobs down there!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A loan deal like in soccer would be perfect here. GC could do with him for this year to stop them shitting the bed mid-season as they always do and push their young uns to believe the team is on the rise and he would only want to be up there for a year presumably.

GC have no incentive to part with pick 5. If they know Collingwood are wanting him out and will pay probably at least a mill over the rest of his contract to get him gone, they don't need to be paying more than second round tops.

Unless he's a truly toxic human I can't fathom Collingwood's strategy.

They won't clearly much, if any, cap space, and won't get a good pick when they're forcing him to leave.

The ill will generated for no net return is befuddling.

Live in the same area as him, bump into him a lot. If he’s toxic then he’s hiding it very well, he’s a delightful bloke, humble. Sounds like the Pies are screwing him around.

GC have no incentive to part with pick 5. If they know Collingwood are wanting him out and will pay probably at least a mill over the rest of his contract to get him gone, they don't need to be paying more than second round tops.

Unless he's a truly toxic human I can't fathom Collingwood's strategy.

They won't clearly much, if any, cap space, and won't get a good pick when they're forcing him to leave.

The ill will generated for no net return is befuddling.
Trying to get him to agree on a pay-cut, supposedly "love" the club and want to stay.

He is only 1 year into this deal so not a back ended issue. They obviously have prioritised DeGoey and possibly have another target in mind so are getting rid of him. Even if they pay $500k out of the remaining $3.6m it is still a massive amount back in their cap

Watch the Cats clear some space and he lobs down there!!

Well he’s played this year for less than the average of his contract.

Live in the same area as him, bump into him a lot. If he’s toxic then he’s hiding it very well, he’s a delightful bloke, humble. Sounds like the Pies are screwing him around.

Seems to be well thought of.
Beams situation has really screwed Collingwood.

We should definitely have a crack - be nice if someone else was paying the wage of our playing, instead of us doing it all of the time.

We should definitely have a crack - be nice if someone else was paying the wage of our playing, instead of us doing it all of the time.

Shows how often all clubs can get bitten by high value long term contracts. Makes it hard to change strategy and adjust on the run

yeah... no thanks.. collingwood would ask for pick 8 minimum..

just stick with kelly‘s “were gonna trade for hately and no one else and go to the draft with our picks..”

Would be interesting if Collingwood are dumping Treloar so they can invest in De Goey

Understand it from a talent perspective but it can do interesting things to your club culture if other players see a model professional like Treloar getting the boot. With a dose of innuendo about his mental strength on the way out.

I’d consider rolling the dice on the Pies future first if available for a good price.

Would be interesting if Collingwood are dumping Treloar so they can invest in De Goey

Understand it from a talent perspective but it can do interesting things to your club culture if other players see a model professional like Treloar getting the boot. With a dose of innuendo about his mental strength on the way out.

I’d consider rolling the dice on the Pies future first if available for a good price.

Have I got this right you think Treloar is a good fit for us?

If so are you prepared prepared to overlook Treloar's poor kicking then?

I seem to recall you've had issues with several of our midfielders kicking in the past?

Believe me Treloar's kicking is no better, in fact i think a lot would agree it's worse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the conjecture over the Pies seemingly parting company with Adam Treloar is he someone we would have a crack at given Brouch's departure?
It would need a first rounder to get him most probably.
Genuinely interested?
Hell no, we need young players under 25 only. All clubs should leave Trevor at pies after they decided to give him that stupid contract

I seem to recall you've had issues with several of our midfielders kicking in the past?

Believe me Treloar's kicking is no better, in fact i think a lot would agree it's worse?
Doesn't he say in the last line he would be interested in chasing for their future first not Treloar?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What?
He’s not talking about trading for treloar at all?

Interesting or maybe just a coincidence that Pies are looking to trade out Treloar (mental health issues), you wonder if in the future players deliberately keep Clubs in the dark to protect themselves.

Surely its a strategy they need to consider in employing here.

Pies got the best of Treloar and paid basically nothing for him, now that his performance has "dipped" and he is on the back end of a heavy contract they want him out.

Players will make sure in the future to not have heavily back ended contracts in the future.

Interesting or maybe just a coincidence that Pies are looking to trade out Treloar (mental health issues), you wonder if in the future players deliberately keep Clubs in the dark to protect themselves.

Surely its a strategy they need to consider in employing here.

Pies got the best of Treloar and paid basically nothing for him, now that his performance has "dipped" and he is on the back end of a heavy contract they want him out.

Players will make sure in the future to not have heavily back ended contracts in the future.
Treloar now has mental health issues?

I thought he was injured most of this year.

I gather he wants to move North not South.

Treloar now has mental health issues?

I thought he was injured most of this year.

I gather he wants to move North not South.
“Adam has spoken about his mental health battles through his life, thinking he wasn’t ever good enough to play AFL or achieve in life. He found a wonderful partner, they’ve had a child together, it’s wonderful, and now Adam’s going to let her go play Super Netball in Brisbane?

“Adam has spoken about his mental health battles through his life, thinking he wasn’t ever good enough to play AFL or achieve in life. He found a wonderful partner, they’ve had a child together, it’s wonderful, and now Adam’s going to let her go play Super Netball in Brisbane?

Thanks, I didn't know.... though talks about his mental health battles in the past.

Don't think it's been an issue this year... though could have hidden behind the injury, but heck of a risk by the Pies to give him a long term deal.

Adam Kelly just now on Trade Radio.

- We are looking to re-sign Matt Crouch and see him as part of our future.

- Midfielders are a big focus on this years draft but we cant ignore the tall talent at the pointy end.

- Pick 2 or we trade with Saints. Pick 20-25 compo isnt going to cut it. This is straight from our footy boss.

- We have no clear idea what the offers to Brad, Rory or Kyle are.

- We want to take as many top 25 picks as we can this year.

Kelly just spoke on Trade Radio.

- We are not aware of Saints offer to Brad, won't know until it is lodged. Hoping earlier in FA period, rather than later.
- Almost certainly will match if we don't get pick 2. Take this to the bank. We will match.
- Confident Brad would stay if we matched.
- Open-minded to any Saint's players as part of transaction, but we are mainly after top-25 picks in this year's draft.
- Haven't spoken to Orazio in weeks. We still have some interest there, but silence from Orazio camp would indicate probably not happening.
- No meaningful conversations with GWS re: Hately. This will happen during trade period. Preference is a trade, not pre-season draft.
- Similar to Brad, unsure of offers to Atkins/Hartigan. Therefore, no idea on bands (if any for Kyle).
- Primary objective at this year's draft is midfielders (+ speed), but acknowledge early part of the draft is stacked with talented talls.
- Have not considered or discussed trading pick one. Will only consider after we know are full draft hand heading into draft night.
- Will consider more backup for ROB, but sounded to me that they are content with Strachan and Billy as backups. Said Billy was primarily recruited as a ruck option.
- Sounds to me that we will bid on JUH, if we think he is the best player at our pick(s). Mentioned that Adelaide, historically, is not afraid to call NGA/Father-Son players' names out on draft night.
- Keen to extend Matt Crouch's contract. Looking to get something done.
- Talia is absolutely a required player, and is committed to the club. Key leaders are essential to rebuild.

Kelly just spoke on Trade Radio.

- We are not aware of Saints offer to Brad, won't know until it is lodged. Hoping earlier in FA period, rather than later.
- Almost certainly will match if we don't get pick 2. Take this to the bank. We will match.
- Confident Brad would stay if we matched.
- Open-minded to any Saint's players as part of transaction, but we are mainly after top-25 picks in this year's draft.
- Haven't spoken to Orazio in weeks. We still have some interest there, but silence from Orazio camp would indicate probably not happening.
- No meaningful conversations with GWS re: Hately. This will happen during trade period. Preference is a trade, not pre-season draft.
- Similar to Brad, unsure of offers to Atkins/Hartigan. Therefore, no idea on bands (if any for Kyle).
- Primary objective at this year's draft is midfielders (+ speed), but acknowledge early part of the draft is stacked with talented talls.
- Have not considered or discussed trading pick one. Will only consider after we know are full draft hand heading into draft night.
- Will consider more backup for ROB, but sounded to me that they are content with Strachan and Billy as backups. Said Billy was primarily recruited as a ruck option.
- Sounds to me that we will bid on JUH, if we think he is the best player at our pick(s). Mentioned that Adelaide, historically, is not afraid to call NGA/Father-Son players' names out on draft night.
- Keen to extend Matt Crouch's contract. Looking to get something done.
- Talia is absolutely a required player, and is committed to the club. Key leaders are essential to rebuild.
Great overview!

These so called 'AFL journalists' are filth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back