Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Let's get an actual thread started, instead of talking in a previous year's.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Adelaide Crows Out Of Contract Players

Name Years Service Status
Ayce Taylor 1 Non-Free Agent
Ben Crocker 1 Non-Free Agent
Ben Keays 1 Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch 9 Restricted Free Agent
David MacKay 14 Unrestricted Free Agent
Elliott Himmelberg 4 Non-Free Agent
Jordan Gallucci 4 Non-Free Agent
Kieran Strachan 2 Non-Free Agent
Kyle Hartigan 8 Restricted Free Agent
Myles Poholke 4 Non-Free Agent
Patrick Wilson 3 Non-Free Agent
Riley Knight 7 Non-Free Agent
Rory Atkins 8 Restricted Free Agent
Tyson Stengle 2 Non-Free Agent

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
CURRENT CROWS LIST

Chayce JONES
Brad CROUCH
Riley KNIGHT
Lachlan MURPHY
Matt CROUCH
Bryce GIBBS
Jordan GALLUCCI
Jake KELLY
Rory SLOANE
Myles POHOLKE
Paul SEEDSMAN
Daniel TALIA
Taylor WALKER
David MACKAY
Kyle HARTIGAN
Luke BROWN
Will HAMILL
Tyson STENGLE
Ben CROCKER
Rory ATKINS
Billy FRAMPTON
Shane MCADAM
Josh WORRELL
Ned MCHENRY
Harry SCHOENBERG
Tom LYNCH
Ben KEAYS
Rory LAIRD
Wayne MILERA
Patrick WILSON
Darcy FOGARTY
Brodie SMITH
Elliott HIMMELBERG
Fischer MCASEY
Andrew MCPHERSON
Ronin O'CONNOR
Lachlan SHOLL
Tom DOEDEE
Ben DAVIS
Jordon BUTTS
Ayce TAYLOR
Reilly O'BRIEN
Lachlan GOLLANT
Kieran STRACHAN

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Trade
Rory Laird

Free Agent
Brad Crouch
Rory Atkins

Delist/Retire
David MacKay
Ben Crocker
Kieran Strachan
Kyle Hartigan
Myles Poholke
Patrick Wilson
Riley Knight

Pay Out - Retired
Bryce Gibbs

Re-sign
Ayce Taylor
Ben Keays
Jordan Gallucci
Elliott Himmelberg
Tyson Stengle

Plenty more deadwood to go this off-season.

Keep: Stengle
Delist: Mackay, Hartigan, Knight, Wilson
Retire: Walker
Retire/delist: Gibbs
FA: B. Crouch, Atkins
Trade: Lynch (Jenkins style to free up cap space), one or more of Laird/Seedsman/Smith

In doubt: Gallucci, Himmelberg, Poholke, Keays, Crocker, Strachan, Taylor - depending on list sizes for 2021 and/or how they go for the rest of the season.

Coaches: New line coaches for FWD/MID/DEF, Clarke retained, replace Hass.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Free Agent
Brad Crouch - Keep unless it is a deal that we can't refuse.
Rory Atkins - consider what deal is on offer.

Delist/Retire
David MacKay
Kyle Hartigan
Myles Poholke
Patrick Wilson
Riley Knight

Pay Out - Retired
Bryce Gibbs

Re-sign
Ayce Taylor
Ben Keays
Jordan Gallucci
Elliott Himmelberg
Tyson Stengle
Rory Laierd
Ben Crocker
Kieran Strachan - keep (I have heard that he has being developing well?)

Keep
Stengle
Crocker (on the rookie list)
Keays (on the rookie list)
Gallucci (one year deal)
Taylor (on the rookie list)
Himmelberg (one year deal)

Delist
Mackay
Hartigan
Knight
Poholke
Strachan
Wilson

Trade
Smith

Free Agent
Atkins
Brad Crouch

Pay to Retire
Walker
Gibbs

9 changes to the senior list. I'd be looking to take 6 at the draft plus trade in an experienced 30+ year old senior player with leadership experience. Hopefully list size cuts will do the rest

Sack Chapman

All Australian
Mar 21, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Bays
As with any team in a deep, full rebuild like we are you could probably say there would be 8 to 10 players who are keepers.

Keep
Stengle
Gallucci (one year deal)

Delist
Mackay
Hartigan
Knight
Poholke
Strachan
Wilson

Trade
Smith

Free Agent
Atkins
Brad Crouch

Pay to Retire
Walker
Gibbs

9 changes to the senior list. I'd be looking to take 6 at the draft plus trade in an experienced 30+ year old senior player with leadership experience. Hopefully list size cuts will do the rest

I'd probably go 8 changes and retain Poholke on a 1-year contract, and add in 9 players seeing we're at the lower point of list numbers (I don't believe they'll be cut, though it might end up being a case lists being rebalanced (i.e. 35 senior players + 10 rookies being the norm).

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would attempt to move on anyone over 26 other than Sloane and Talia. Lynch, Smith, Atkins, Seedsman and Laird are all peripheral players who won't see any success at the Crows. Last year would have been a better year to look at trading most of them, but in true AFC fashion we left it a year too late.

We can go two ways with this list. The old tried and true path we've been walking the last 20 years, backing in old, injured and out of form players living on past glories. Or we can throw the keys to Doedee, Fogarty and the rest of the young players. Target a few older players with leadership qualities to help drive change. It's been said on here ad nauseam but the main playing group has been through so much s*** in the last 5 years, turning over the older players would be beneficial for them and us.

Keep
Stengle
Gallucci (one year deal)

Delist
Mackay
Hartigan
Knight
Poholke
Strachan
Wilson

Trade
Smith

Free Agent
Atkins
Brad Crouch

Pay to Retire
Walker
Gibbs

Callan Ward was a senior player i was thinking about targeting or Hurn although they are both probably unlikely.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I would attempt to move on anyone over 26 other than Sloane and Talia. Lynch, Smith, Atkins, Seedsman and Laird are all peripheral players who won't see any success at the Crows. Last year would have been a better year to look at trading most of them, but in true AFC fashion we left it a year too late.

We can go two ways with this list. The old tried and true path we've been walking the last 20 years, backing in old, injured and out of form players living on past glories. Or we can throw the keys to Doedee, Fogarty and the rest of the young players. Target a few older players with leadership qualities to help drive change. It's been said on here ad nauseam but the main playing group has been through so much s*** in the last 5 years, turning over the older players would be beneficial for them and us.

Callan Ward was a senior player i was thinking about targeting or Hurn although they are both probably unlikely.
Hurn is out of contract at the end of this year. Not sure how he's set up in Perth or if he's even looking for a career in football when he retires from playing. However he seems on face value like he'd be a worth while target.

Not sure if you'd want him on a 1 year playing contract moving into coaching though. We seem to have a plethora of young defenders who are going to need game time.

The Texan

Senior List
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any player over 22 that has been there through the Sando, Dean Bailey, Walsh, 2017 GF and Camp times needs to be moved out before their damaged attitudes infects the younger players

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.

Change our focus completely and go only for tenacious, mongrel types. No more mr nice guys thanks.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
What about possible trade-ins?

Obviously Hately - but what about Alex Witherden? Too similar to types we already have?

Callum Coleman-Jones? Brennan Cox? Xavier O'Halloran? Luke Valente?

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
What kind of compensation do we think we would get for Atkins?

Obviously depends on the offer he gets, but hes a first 22 player, still young. About the same level as Luke Dahlhaus?

What kind of compensation do we think we would get for Atkins?

Obviously depends on the offer he gets, but hes a first 22 player, still young. About the same level as Luke Dahlhaus?

End of second round most likely. More importantly it would increase the chance of Band 1 compo if both he and Crouch go.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Obviously Hately - but what about Alex Witherden? Too similar to types we already have?

Don’t believe Witherden will leave. Birchall and Rich over 30. His time will come (again).

Probably decent options. It's really about finding talented kids who are opportunity starved.

I would also be offering Hurn and Smith a way to transition into coaching if they want it with the promise we'll revamp the coaching section. We need experienced players who can set standards, and both have been in successful sides.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Probably decent options. It's really about finding talented kids who are opportunity starved.

I would also be offering Hurn and Smith a way to transition into coaching if they want it with the promise we'll revamp the coaching section. We need experienced players who can set standards, and both have been in successful sides.
Warming to the idea of Hurn. But it really is just an idea atm

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
If you want to look at one player from the Lions, check out Mitchell Hinge.

SA lad, plays HBF and wing, drafted in the rookie draft in 2016.

He played a couple of senior games last year, after Starcevich went down injured.

We could have delisted him after 3 seasons on the rookie list, but upgraded him to the senior list on a 1 year contract.

If there are list reductions at the end of the year, he’ll be a casualty. Good solid citizen, trains hard, and plays hard.

Bob Neil

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
At a table with old friends
AFL Club
Adelaide
I also mentioned Witherden in a separate thread as a clear upgrade on many on our list and a virtual walk up start into our 22 (and therefore also presumably a pay bump for him).
Also Peter Wright at the Suns who hasn’t cemented a spot and is in danger of being left behind by their new generation...in hindsight I wonder if we did try to target him as part of the Greenwood move.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide Crows Out Of Contract Players

Name Years Service Status
Ayce Taylor 1 Non-Free Agent
Ben Crocker 1 Non-Free Agent
Ben Keays 1 Non-Free Agent
Brad Crouch 9 Restricted Free Agent
David MacKay 14 Unrestricted Free Agent
Elliott Himmelberg 4 Non-Free Agent
Jordan Gallucci 4 Non-Free Agent
Kieran Strachan 2 Non-Free Agent
Kyle Hartigan 8 Restricted Free Agent
Myles Poholke 4 Non-Free Agent
Patrick Wilson 3 Non-Free Agent
Riley Knight 7 Non-Free Agent
Rory Atkins 8 Restricted Free Agent
Tyson Stengle 2 Non-Free Agent
I've said it before and I'll say it again...how is Kyle Hartigan a RESTRICTED free agent?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

I think we should aim for high end talent, rather than more of the same.

Jye Caldwell is the one I would target. He hasn't made it at the Giants yet, it's a long queue too. Has some breakaway speed and knows how to find it.

Isaac Cumming is another and I like O'Halloran too as an option.

I'm hoping Matty Nicks had a good relationship with some of the younger Giants and can entice them across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back