2020 Trade & List Management discussion

FantasticShirt

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2010
Melbourne + Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Listening to Brad just then I'm now 90-10 that he'll stay. And I'm ok with that.

Really opened up. Loves it here. His partner is scared. Lost her dad recently. He doesn't want to live in Melbourne. Will only move if it's to a genuine contender and even then he doesn't want to.

Should have a listen later if you didn't hear it.

For a team starved of top end talent that actually wants to stay here, it’s crazy that people are so happy to take a draft pick for him.

Honestly, look at the stats around success rate with draft picks. It’s a lottery.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I genuinely don't know what to do with Crouch.

It feels like it would be terrible for our club to move on a player who has elite talent and genuinely loves being here.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
For a team starved of top end talent that actually wants to stay here, it’s crazy that people are so happy to take a draft pick for him.

Honestly, look at the stats around success rate with draft picks. It’s a lottery.
Pick 1 on Hollands is enough. Keeping Brad will be worth it in terms of culture.

Gee whizz not a ruse to get him to port on a lower salary ? Stay in SA and play finals with them....

Thats exactly what I thought too.

Brouch is not stupid, he would rather stay at the Crows on the same salary then to defect to the Power for less.

Port wont be in flag contention next year their rebuild will begin in earnest in 2022.

It feels like it would be terrible for our club to move on a player who has elite talent and genuinely loves being here.

I feel the answer is in the middle. Pick 2 - yeah, look, move on from Crouch. It's a bit too big of a price to turn down. If he's happy here and doesn't attract that band 1 offer however, I'd be comfortable with us matching terms and having Brouch around, unless the team in question has a top 5 pick. Which case I'd trade and also make it clear we're taking him in PSD if they don't pony up.

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
It's impossible to believe that he hasn't spoken to his manager about the details of offers yet. He'd know exactly what's on offer, and what the Crows are proposing.

I like Brad and don't believe he's disingenuous, but it sounded to me like his offers from other clubs aren't as lucrative as he wants if it means packing up his life and moving, or as high as the club needs for Pick 2, as it stands now.

Doesn't mean it won't change.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Was a very blunt and confronting interview with Brad.

Loved his passion and almost plea with the club to keep him. All the background stuff that most people wouldn't know about, and the fact he really doesn't want to move to Melbourne.

Really only leaves Port and Geelong.

It's impossible to believe that he hasn't spoken to his manager about the details of offers yet. He'd know exactly what's on offer, and what the Crows are proposing.

I like Brad and don't believe he's disingenuous, but it sounded to me like his offers from other clubs aren't as lucrative as he wants or as high as the club needs for Pick 2.

This happens every year with every Club.

I am sure Brouch, His Manager and the Crows know exactly where everyone sits.

He is on the move IMO. Otherwise, why wouldnt he have signed on by now, if he loves Adelaide that much and wants to stay here.

He is on the move IMO. Otherwise, why wouldnt he have signed on by now, if he loves Adelaide that much and wants to stay here.

Let me ask the alternate question: If Brad could attract pick 2 (or depending on how things shake out, 3), why would Adelaide want to retain him?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Players are leaving it later and later now, and this year is even stranger.

I think he's gone, but I'm growing of the belief we are going to have to trade him.

Was a very blunt and confronting interview with Brad.

Loved his passion and almost plea with the club to keep him. All the background stuff that most people wouldn't know about, and the fact he really doesn't want to move to Melbourne.

Really only leaves Port and Geelong.
If the offers are the same, Im sure he will go to Port.

Cats would have to offer him something substantial and better which I cant see it happening given the quality of players they need to keep on their list.

I mean how many f**king paper bags do they have? Endless?

Assuming Wines is gone, Port will probably offer the same contract for Brouch.

Players are leaving it later and later now, and this year is even stranger.

I think he's gone, but I'm growing of the belief we are going to have to trade him.

I think he is gone. With the uncertainty of the future, you would be foolish not to take the best offer.

Yes, trading him would be a horrible scenario for us.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
If the offers are the same, Im sure he will go to Port.

Cats would have to offer him something substantial and better which I cant see it happening given the quality of players they need to keep on their list.

I mean how many f**king paper bags do they have? Endless?

Assuming Wines is gone, Port will probably offer the same contract for Brouch.
I see Wines leaving as the only way they can fit him in. Geelong gives him the perennial contender he wants though, and it's not Melbourne.

Aaron929

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm in the camp of staying, but I wasn't there 3-4 weeks ago, Just a lot seems to of changed he seems to be extremely enjoying his time playing and you can just tell that the Nicks has got the team extremely close and happy again. I'm sure he loves playing with his brother also like if he's on 600K now and he's getting offers of 750K I'm sure we can meet in the middle on a $700K 3 year deal with a trigger for a fourth.

We still have a s**t tonne of picks in the draft.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I think he is gone. With the uncertainty of the future, you would be foolish not to take the best offer.

Yes, trading him would be a horrible scenario for us.
Particularly to Port or Geelong who really don't have the picks to satisfy our requirements, and the players we want from Port in particular wouldn't be allowed to leave

CroCop

Club Legend
Jan 10, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Elite talent ? Go back and watch the first 10 games of the year before he got injureD, the reason we are doing better is Laird and Schoenberg as now we have quick nippy legs in there and Matt’s input has increased . When I see Brads stats at end of games I’m surprised because I hardly notice he doesn’t anything creative with his possessions.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Elite talent ? Go back and watch the first 10 games of the year before he got injureD, the reason we are doing better is Laird and Schoenberg as now we have quick nippy legs in there and Matt’s input has increased . When I see Brads stats at end of games I’m surprised because I hardly notice he doesn’t anything creative with his possessions.
He's certainly an elite talent.

You could go back and watch Laird's first 10 games of the year and say the same thing as you are about Brad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona

Wellman probably would have been happy to stay

It's time to be a good club again IMO, not afraid of a ballsy call

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Wellman probably would have been happy to stay

It's time to be a good club again IMO, not afraid of a ballsy call
Difference is Wellman got us a known quantity.

And we will make the call that's more beneficial to the club.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Difference is Wellman got us a known quantity.
Groom then. Same difference.

Cornesy has admitted he wouldn't have traded Groom if he was still in charge.

Who did the Hawks trade for Pick 1?

And we will make the call that's more beneficial to the club.
What does this mean?

Whatever decision we make will be the right one, whichever way we go?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Groom then. Same difference.

Cornesy has admitted he wouldn't have traded Groom if he was still in charge.

Who did the Hawks trade for Pick 1?

What does this mean?

Whatever decision we make will be the right one, whichever way we go?
McLeod was also a premiership magpie at 18.

It means that if the deal is right and he nets us band 1 compo the club are certain to let him go. You only have to listen to any of his interviews in the last month to understand that.

He knows it, and listening to him tonight solidified that.

Back