2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What an idiot B Crouch is. Geelong’s offer of 4 years for $800k is now off the table. We had pick 2 in the bag. Then this idiot went and bought a bag for himself.
i dont think he will go there anyway
they need a rebuild. have a look at them - they are cooked and brad wont help "top up"

I don’t Geelong see it that way. They cling on to the hope every year that they can snag a flag by topping up.
That is absolutely the Geelong mantra. That is why they have the best win-loss history in the AFL. They have never finished lower than 12th. Despite their dominance, Eagles and Hawks have won more flags.

What an idiot B Crouch is. Geelong’s offer of 4 years for $800k is now off the table. We had pick 2 in the bag. Then this idiot went and bought a bag for himself.
Where did the $800k for 4 years come from?.. and how do you know it is now off the table?..

Go and have a read of the geelong trade board and you get a picture of the despair going on there at the repeated finals failures and then what supporters want. They dont want to keep the status quo of repeatedly topping up

Go and have a read of the geelong trade board and you get a picture of the despair going on there at the repeated finals failures and then what supporters want. They dont want to keep the status quo of repeatedly topping up
Not sure the geelong football club would care about what their fans want..

Not sure any club takes much of “what the fans want” into account when it comes to list management and who they draft and trade.. And rightly so.

I don’t Geelong see it that way. They cling on to the hope every year that they can snag a flag by topping up.
They are also talking about bringing in Luke Bruest. Chris Scott can't accept that he is actually a s**t coach and they need to rebuild, so he will keep on topping up until the club sack him.

Just wait until they get knocked out in the next week or two, suddenly Crouch will become a massive priority again and the drugs issue will become a "non-event".

Its interesting, Sam Edmund reckons he's spoken to the clubs interested in Crouch and the thought is his incident wont change much, mentioned that the clubs actually reached out to Brad to check on his mental health and reinforce their interest.

Damien Barrett on the other hand reckons it will cost him a lot of money, although doesn't actually claim to have spoken to anyone and is on record as thinking Brad is significantly over-rated (Wouldn't have paid pick 15 last year for him...).

Then you've got Kane Cornes off on his crusade against the Crows, likely to distract from "Jacky-Boys" little "indiscretion".

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. The key players for Brad appear to be Geelong, Richmond and Port, all of whom made top 4 and are likely more focused on finals at present. Just wait till a little panic sets in when 2-3 of these clubs miss finals, suddenly they'll be findings a few extra $100k a year to bring in a midfield free agent...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are also talking about bringing in Luke Bruest. Chris Scott can't accept that he is actually a sh*t coach and they need to rebuild, so he will keep on topping up until the club sack him.

They're too far down the "top up" pathway, the second Chris Scott concedes defeat on this, is probably the second he loses his job.

Just wait until they get knocked out in the next week or two, suddenly Crouch will become a massive priority again and the drugs issue will become a "non-event".

Its interesting, Sam Edmund reckons he's spoken to the clubs interested in Crouch and the thought is his incident wont change much, mentioned that the clubs actually reached out to Brad to check on his mental health and reinforce their interest.

Damien Barrett on the other hand reckons it will cost him a lot of money, although doesn't actually claim to have spoken to anyone and is on record as thinking Brad is significantly over-rated (Wouldn't have paid pick 15 last year for him...).

Then you've got Kane Cornes off on his crusade against the Crows, likely to distract from "Jacky-Boys" little "indiscretion".

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. The key players for Brad appear to be Geelong, Richmond and Port, all of whom made top 4 and are likely more focused on finals at present. Just wait till a little panic sets in when 2-3 of these clubs miss finals, suddenly they'll be findings a few extra $100k a year to bring in a midfield free agent...
Personally, I'd be surprised if it had any real impact on his value. I cannot remember Brad ever having an off field indiscretion before.

They are also talking about bringing in Luke Bruest. Chris Scott can't accept that he is actually a sh*t coach and they need to rebuild, so he will keep on topping up until the club sack him.
To be fair.. thats the way the whole system is set up for coaches..

Dont make finals and your head could very quickly end up on the chopping board.. so often they strive year on year looking at short term gains and topping up with players and doing all they can to keep the team playing finals without caring whether it is good for the longer term..

Much the same as political party’s.. no investment in the long term because there’s little to gain from it..

Scott, and the blokes around him, will squeeze every drop out of the list, top up where they can to keep the team in the finals until it all finally collapses in a heap (i.e. Hawks now) at which point they will use their “image” as coaches/list managers that bring extended periods of playing finals to a club on their resume to hopefully jag another job elsewhere.

Personally, I'd be surprised if it had any real impact on his value. I cannot remember Brad ever having an off field indiscretion before.
Well according to the *in filthy scumbag Purple..
5572C96D-F0A9-4A30-836C-4CE199A7E3D1.jpeg

The club should “be happy to move him on given his attitude over the PAST YEAR”!!.

WTF???.. one incident apparently now equals a whole year of bad attitude!..

How is this cu in the nt allowed to write this hysterical nonsense without losing his AFL accreditation?..

Marc MacGowan on Twitter saying List size reduction will be minimal heading into next year. 42 players (38 and 4 Cat A Rookies), plus 2 Cat B rookies.

edit: I believe the changes gives flexibility to clubs on choosing the makeup of that core list of 42 players, eg I think clubs can have 40 on the main list, and only 2 Cat A rookies (plus 2 Cat B rookies)

Marc MacGowan on Twitter saying List size reduction will be minimal heading into next year. 42 players (38 and 4 Cat A Rookies), plus 2 Cat B rookies.

edit: I believe the changes gives flexibility to clubs on choosing the makeup of that core list of 42 players, eg I think clubs can have 40 on the main list, and only 2 Cat A rookies (plus 2 Cat B rookies)
That's good news for DMac lol

That's a big win for a club in our situation. There's an element of "scatter gun" when your rebuilding a list. You want to bring in a whole bunch of talent, knowing that a reasonable portion likely wont make it, whilst also keeping a decent chunk of experience for support/leadership.

This is compounded by our extremely strong, and likely to get stronger, draft hand.

So it’s essentially just a reduction in the size of the rookie list?

Well according to the fu**in filthy scumbag Purple..
View attachment 975441

The club should “be happy to move him on given his attitude over the PAST YEAR”!!.

WTF???.. one incident apparently now equals a whole year of bad attitude!..

How is this cu in the nt allowed to write this hysterical nonsense without losing his AFL accreditation?..
IF...

Adelaide will be happy to move on Brad Crouch

THEN...

Will Geelong be happy to move on Jack Steven?
Will Port be happy to move on Peter Ladhams?
Will Port be happy to move on Dan Houston?
Will Carlton be happy to move on Charlie Curnow?
Will Collingwood be happy to move on JDG?
Will Essendon be happy to move on Joe Daniher
Will Fremantle be happy to move on Jesse Hogan?
Will Richmond be happy to move on Sydney Stack?
Will WB be happy to move on Lachie Hunter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back