2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

this isnt devils advocate. you are obsessed. stop listening to those idiots cornes and rooch. they dont know sh*t.
he wont be traded because geelong desperately need some youth and he wont go in the draft because he is paranoid about ending up somewhere he doesnt want to be. its all stacked in our favour this time - enjoy it! as ive said since the incident I expect him to now stay and be a star and we may have an agrade mid on bgrade salary. only way that doesn't happen is if the offer draws band 1.
I hope you are right

But according to you he's a gun small forward, albeit on the occasions he actually gets out of the treatment room and onto the playing field....wonder when the Lions are going to switch Charlie Cameron into defence?

Wonder why Hawthorn never switched Cyril into defence?

Because Essendon are more of mess than we have been (or equal too). They haven’t even had a camp to make everyone want to leave - just the coaches, club and players not on the same page. Fantasia when fit is a high quality forward. Superior when fit to all of our current crop. If he is not expensive to get he is a no brainer

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wont happen. His mrs is from adelaide and brad has said himself he loves it here. He would have to have a huge blue with nicks for that to happen.

Is that just like how Kurt ‘I was conceived in Sydney so it’s kinda home’ Tippett was a ‘Gold Coast boy at heart’ and would only ever leave Adelaide to go there...

Or Paddy Dangerfield maintained he “hadn’t though about his next contract” for the entire 2015 season?

Or perhaps how Jenkins was “happy to go anywhere” during trade week, until afterwards admitting “anywhere” really only meant Geelong.

Pretty sure it was Bock that said he wanted to be a “1 club player” about a week before signing with GC.

Players lie through their teeth, mislead and bend the truth with this kind of stuff all the time to get the media/fans off their back. It may be true what Brad says, but it may also be simple fodder to keep the masses happy to disguise his true intentions.

Is that just like how Kurt ‘I was conceived in Sydney so it’s kinda home’ Tippett was a ‘Gold Coast boy at heart’ and would only ever leave Adelaide to go there...

Or Paddy Dangerfield maintained he “hadn’t though about his next contract” for the entire 2015 season?

Or perhaps how Jenkins was “happy to go anywhere” during trade week, until afterwards admitting “anywhere” really only meant Geelong.

Pretty sure it was Bock that said he wanted to be a “1 club player” about a week before signing with GC.

Players lie through their teeth, mislead and bend the truth with this kind of stuff all the time to get the media/fans off their back. It may be true what Brad says, but it may also be simple fodder to keep the masses happy to disguise his true intentions.
Or Neil Craig who said he would only coach the crows...before moving across to Melbourne, Essendon and then Carlton

Then Geelongs list manager would get fired for giving away pick 17 to save $250k of cap space.

I don't think Geelong will offer band 1, they would rather give up picks than break their (relatively) flat pay structure. I wouldn't be surprised if we pushed for 11 and some change, but ended up with 16 (maybe 13), 33 (Cats likely won't use anyway, but we would use for trade or trading up) and an up and coming player that would be pushed out anyway. And it wouldn't be a bad outcome for us.

I don't think Geelong will offer band 1, they would rather give up picks than break their (relatively) flat pay structure. I wouldn't be surprised if we pushed for 11 and some change, but ended up with 16 (maybe 13), 33 (Cats likely won't use anyway, but we would use for trade or trading up) and an up and coming player that would be pushed out anyway. And it wouldn't be a bad outcome for us.
you right geelong wont pay up so he will either go to a different club or have to stay

By relatively flat pay structure you mean 2 thirds in 1 third out ................ of the cap that is .

Should Crouch nominate Geelong as his club of choice, would the Cats be tempted to part with some of their draft pick goldmine to get the midfielder in the door at Kardinia Park?

It’s a thought likely to see the Geelong faithful scoff, but it’s a strategy the crafty Cats know will give them the best chance to have their cake and eat it too, during this upcoming trade and free agency period.

The premiership-contending Cats also have an interest in Jeremy Cameron and Shaun Higgins. Yes, the likes of Nakia Cockatoo, Quinton Narkle and Charlie Constable could move on, but Cameron and Higgins would demand handsome remuneration and the salary cap will need to be carefully managed.

There isn’t a dollar to waste.

Adelaide wants first round compensation for losing Crouch, the 2019 best and fairest who is 26 and in the prime of his career.

The problem for the Crows is that Geelong don’t just splash the cash. It is highly unlikely that any Cats contract for Crouch would be enough to trigger the sort of compensation the Crows desire, regardless of how spicy the AFL might make their secret herbs and spices formula.

Instead, like Dangerfield before him, would it be more likely Crouch will become a Geelong player via a trade? The Cats have picks 10, 15 and 16 in this year’s draft.

This way, not only are the Crows happy, it gets Crouch in the hoops in what could be a contract that is lower on guaranteed cash, but heavier on incentives. If Crouch really wants to get to Geelong, he backs himself in for 2021 and reaps the rewards.

Should Crouch nominate Geelong as his club of choice, would the Cats be tempted to part with some of their draft pick goldmine to get the midfielder in the door at Kardinia Park?

It’s a thought likely to see the Geelong faithful scoff, but it’s a strategy the crafty Cats know will give them the best chance to have their cake and eat it too, during this upcoming trade and free agency period.

The premiership-contending Cats also have an interest in Jeremy Cameron and Shaun Higgins. Yes, the likes of Nakia Cockatoo, Quinton Narkle and Charlie Constable could move on, but Cameron and Higgins would demand handsome remuneration and the salary cap will need to be carefully managed.

There isn’t a dollar to waste.

Adelaide wants first round compensation for losing Crouch, the 2019 best and fairest who is 26 and in the prime of his career.

The problem for the Crows is that Geelong don’t just splash the cash. It is highly unlikely that any Cats contract for Crouch would be enough to trigger the sort of compensation the Crows desire, regardless of how spicy the AFL might make their secret herbs and spices formula.

Instead, like Dangerfield before him, would it be more likely Crouch will become a Geelong player via a trade? The Cats have picks 10, 15 and 16 in this year’s draft.

This way, not only are the Crows happy, it gets Crouch in the hoops in what could be a contract that is lower on guaranteed cash, but heavier on incentives. If Crouch really wants to get to Geelong, he backs himself in for 2021 and reaps the rewards.

edmund has been reading this board thats where he gets his stuff

Would be interesting to compare the Brouch year to the Tim Kelly year and what Geelong may get next year?

In addition, for us to get maximum value for Brouch, probably imperative that Geelong fail in the prelim (God forbid in the GF if Port make it).

Cats will be desperate to improve after yet another prelim CATastrophe. :$

big news salary cap to drop up to 30% reported by sam edmund. even if not that much it will change the bands. so lets be real this means if band 1 was 750 per year
that would mean band 1 would need to go down to just over 500...
long way to play out
For clarity .....this was an ESS type early foray by the AFL

THE AFL argued for a 30 per cent cut to the salary cap in a shock opening play in negotiations with the AFL Players’ Association over the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

While the league and player union have since moved on from such a drastic figure, the two parties remain locked in talks over a new CBA to ensure the game can recover from the financial impact of COVID-19.

The current CBA wasn’t due to expire until 2022, but the global pandemic has hit the AFL industry hard, resulting in job losses at all levels and a major restructure of the AFL.

A revised salary cap and new list size limit, among many other factors, needs to be agreed before the free agency window opens on October 30 and the trade period on November 4.

This year the Total Player Payments (TPP) figure – the amount each club can pay its players – was $13,013,257.

A 30 per cent cut to the TPP would represent nearly $4 million, a similar figure to that already shed from the football department soft cap.

But this was merely an early foray into a complex negotiation and a proposal the AFLPA would never agree to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More Kornes crap.

Bit of a slap in the face to Talía. He is more than capable of doing the same role..
this is the first time i agree with cornes
i actually raised this one 2 weeks ago on here he stole it from me. if we could wedge davis out of gws for a late second rounder or third rounder and get pick 6 or 7 from essendon for talia "cos truck wants him" I would do that trade. no other way am i letting talia go.

this is the first time i agree with cornes
i actually raised this one 2 weeks ago on here he stole it from me. if we could wedge davis out of gws for a late second rounder or third rounder and get pick 6 or 7 from essendon for talia "cos truck wants him" I would do that trade. no other way am i letting talia go.
...more Alex crap.
So Talia’s worth a top 10 whereas Davis is a 2nd/3rd rounder? Righto mate

...more Alex crap.
So Talia’s worth a top 10 whereas Davis is a 2nd/3rd rounder? Righto mate
2 years age difference and as i said only if truck is really chasing talia that hard

the comedian is back, sanders get your meds

How did Tim Broomhead last on an AFL list for 8 years?
He was actually doing quite well until he broke his leg in 2018. Injuries have not been kind.

I'd say Shaz would be worth the punt. Comes for free. Has been fit for over a year. Bucks never tried him anywhere but defence, which I think was a mistake.

Any interest here for Alex Witherdon, 2 years on his contact, Brisbane last year were unhappy with 'aspects of his game', very willing to let him go.

Is he another Hartigan or is he better than that?

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have enough half back flanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back