2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

These just shows what AFC supporters view our trading should be. We are linked with the above players, Geelong are linked with Cameron, Crouch, Higgins, Brown.

Hard to see players who want to be premiership contenders being linked with us.

Posted in the wrong thread before I’ll try again in the trade discussion thread.

Carlton send 7 and 27 to Geelong for 11 and 16. Carlton and Essendon fight over Saads worth from there not our issue.

Brad nominates Geelong 4 years $500. Not enough for band one we match forcing a trade. Brad and one of our seconds/Rat compo for 7 and Parfitt.

If we end up getting band one for Brad obviously we take it but if not and the first step happens are we taking 7 and Parfitt?

Posted in the wrong thread before I’ll try again in the trade discussion thread.

Carlton send 7 and 27 to Geelong for 11 and 16. Carlton and Essendon fight over Saads worth from there not our issue.

Brad nominates Geelong 4 years $500. Not enough for band one we match forcing a trade. Brad and one of our seconds/Rat compo for 7 and Parfitt.

If we end up getting band one for Brad obviously we take it but if not and the first step happens are we taking 7 and Parfitt?

I honestly think if the contract is as low as people are suggesting. We match and he stays.

Really? I think he should play deepest forward when everyone else pushes up the ground so on the rebound he has plenty of space and can use his leading skills and strength one on one and then his beautiful set shot kicking to best advantage.

Don't think he'll ever have the body type or physiology of Lynch to run all day into the gaps between CHB and CHF plus it would waste Fog's best attributes.
Agree. Hopefully with Nicks gameplan and new fwd and mids coach Fogs will take the next step

Agree. Hopefully with Nicks gameplan and new fwd and mids coach Fogs will take the next step
My hopes of that happening fell dramatically this afternoon, with news that Haas has kept his job. Once again, we won't have a functioning fitness department, and without massive improvements to Fog's fitness we're unlikely to see significant improvements in his form.

My hopes of that happening fell dramatically this afternoon, with news that Haas has kept his job. Once again, we won't have a functioning fitness department, and without massive improvements to Fog's fitness we're unlikely to see significant improvements in his form.
He really needs to take the bit between his teeth here and request that the club allow him to get a dedicated personal trainer so he can get super fit over summer - much like Boak did

He really needs to take the bit between his teeth here and request that the club allow him to get a dedicated personal trainer so he can get super fit over summer - much like Boak did
Or do what Bernie Vince did, and get one of our super-fit and ultra-professional players to take him under their wing. In Vince's case, it was Simon Goodwin. Maybe Fog should be talking to David Mackay, or one of the younger players like Jones & McHenry?

** Mackay may have his flaws, but he's one of our very best when it comes to fitness, training, and physical preparation of his body for AFL football.

Or do what Bernie Vince did, and get one of our super-fit and ultra-professional players to take him under their wing. In Vince's case, it was Simon Goodwin. Maybe Fog should be talking to David Mackay, or one of the younger players like Jones & McHenry?

** Mackay may have his flaws, but he's one of our very best when it comes to fitness, training, and physical preparation of his body for AFL football.
ah..I knew there was a reason we are likely to give McKay a 1 year contract extension :cool:

You would think that with VB coming on board and the fitness levels he got to during his playing career will assist somewhat?

Get Fog to move in with VB and tie a lead to the car and have him run around the streets of Adelaide!!

You would think that with VB coming on board and the fitness levels he got to during his playing career will assist somewhat?

Get Fog to move in with VB and tie a lead to the car and have him run around the streets of Adelaide!!
VB would be an excellent option! I was also thinking Rory Laird would be another good mentor.

I wouldn't go with either of the Crouch brothers, or Tex Walker...

VB would be an excellent option! I was also thinking Rory Laird would be another good mentor.

I wouldn't go with either of the Crouch brothers, or Tex Walker...
Maybe get Fog to train with ROB ......ROB being a smart cookie would know how to get into Fogs head & get him motivated

Maybe get Fog to train with ROB ......ROB being a smart cookie would know how to get into Fogs head & get him motivated

Unfortunately Fog needs to want it. Does he want to be an elite AFL player, or does he want to be Taylor Walker Mk 2

This may seem a put down of Tex but I have been his biggest fan, but he has never reached the height I thought he was going to get to.

Fog has the talent to be talked about as one of the best players in the competition but doesn't appear to have the drive to get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Gallucci have another guy helping him in all his instagram vids?

Unfortunately Fog needs to want it. Does he want to be an elite AFL player, or does he want to be Taylor Walker Mk 2

This may seem a put down of Tex but I have been his biggest fan, but he has never reached the height I thought he was going to get to.

Fog has the talent to be talked about as one of the best players in the competition but doesn't appear to have the drive to get there.
Tex had to be puppy trained early in his career ....Craig tried, but supporter pressure meant we never got the "A" grade version of Walker

I'd be surprised if Hass didn't look at Fog and think the exact same thing that we do.

3-point plan for Fixing Fog:

1. Decide what body shape / attributes he needs (muscle / weight / aerobic) and embark on a plan to develop that. You don't even need a top-flight sports scientist to do that, just decide on the goals and develop / implement the plan.

2. Decide what his role is, and play him / persist in that role. Let him learn / develop in that role. Nicks and forwards (/mid?) coach, step up.

3. Get into his head and work on his confidence, attitude, whatever it is. Development coach, come on down.

Maybe that's stating the obvious, maybe it's the same for any young / developing player, but to me it stands out with Fog. He's not leading the way or telling us / the coaches with his play, we (the coaches) need to take the reins.

Tex had to be puppy trained early in his career ....Craig tried, but supporter pressure meant we never got the "A" grade version of Walker

Blaming supporter pressure is certainly a take here. Not the fact that we tried to turn Tex into a contested marking forward and had him overweight by 5-10 kg for the majority of his career instead of playing to his strengths?

We had flashes of the 'A' grade Walker. 2012, 2015-2017 (seeing by the time your kicking 50 goals a year and offering something around the ground on top of that, you're 'A' grade for a key forward). The ACL (which wiped out 2013-2014, seeing its approx 2 seasons until you're back to where you were pre-acl) and that we tried to turn him into something he wasn't did damage, especially why he's looking all but finished at 30.

Last edited:
No it won't. The TPP remains at previous levels, everything is still geared to the full TPP. The players then agree to a % drop against their full contract value year on year until full league revenues are restored. Nothing has changed, clubs are still negotiating with players to fill the full TPP.
i dont see how that wont affect the bands in relation to new contracts. we wilk have to wait and see

Blaming supporter pressure is certainly a take here. Not the fact that we tried to turn Tex into a contested marking forward and had him overweight by 5-10 kg for the majority of his career instead of playing to his strengths?

We had flashes of the 'A' grade Walker. 2012, 2015-2017 (seeing by the time your kicking 50 goals a year and offering something around the ground on top of that, you're 'A' grade for a key forward). The ACL (which wiped out 2013-2014, seeing its approx 2 seasons until you're back to where you were pre-acl) and that we tried to turn him into something he wasn't did damage, especially why he's looking all but finished at 30.
And this too was an important point ......came to us having played midfield in juniors

Was always way too heavy

quite concerned the club confirmed hass is staying in the fine print this morning. fitness was an issue all year possibly the biggest issue especially post the lockdown. this has shocked me. we weren't fit til the last month!!

Dropping his mobile phone seems to motivate.

Excellent suggestion.

quite concerned the club confirmed hass is staying in the fine print this morning. fitness was an issue all year possibly the biggest issue especially post the lockdown. this has shocked me. we weren't fit til the last month!!

There's quite a lot we don't know though, as far as how closely he was working with Saunders and whether there was an issue on his end, which is why he's no longer with the club. (Kangatech?)

Nicks came out publicly and indicated we looked 'gassed' several times, so you can imagine our fitness has been looked at in depth. I'm sure the fitness department was also part of the review. It's been a bit of trial by Big Footy with Hass, but next year will be the real test. I think injuries may have been a result of a poor program when Coronavirus landed, as there were reports that players had come back in excellent shape (Fog was one, from memory). That 10 week break was plenty of time for fitness to drop off.

It's nice to see that a few players are doing extras in the offseasons at the moment, hopefully Tex and a few others come back in top shape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back