2020 trade targets

Remove this Banner Ad

They have gone pretty hard for ex Geelong Falcons players in recent years.

Amazing (and rather funny) that they haven't won a flag considering all the players they've bought/brought in. I think it's becoming more and more clear now that premiership success is built on the back of a successful draft intake (and subsequent player development) over a 2-3 year period. Brisbane with McCluggage, Berry, Andrews, Hipwood, Rayner, etc look to be next in line.
Reckon GWS aren't too far away either.

Yeah the disappointing Gary Rohan, the troubled Jack Steven the latest two, the almost cooked Gaz, the on the outer Doggie Dalhaus, failed to entice Travis Boak and Dangerfield was always going home at some point. I think Tommy is a lot different type of bloke to most of those and I'll be most surprised if he'd head home any time soon.

Don't be forgetting Xavier O'Halloran either, he has speed and agility Green and Hately can only dream about.
I’d love to get Perryman. Contest winner, skilful, team player.

Could be under valued at GWS because they already have Taranto Hopper Ward Coniglio Kelly with Green coming through. Caldwell. O’Halloran. Hateley. Can’t keep them all.

They have gone pretty hard for ex Geelong Falcons players in recent years.

Amazing (and rather funny) that they haven't won a flag considering all the players they've bought/brought in. I think it's becoming more and more clear now that premiership success is built on the back of a successful draft intake (and subsequent player development) over a 2-3 year period. Brisbane with McCluggage, Berry, Andrews, Hipwood, Rayner, etc look to be next in line.
It seems that way so far

Andrews and Hipwood is a couple of fantastic key planks. When is our academy going to provide us with a couple of 200cm stars.

I really thought Hawthorn would have nailed 2-3 massive free agents say Lynch and Coniglio and would have successfully rebuilt without drafting much. But it hasn’t happened.

Could be under valued at GWS because they already have Taranto Hopper Ward Coniglio Kelly with Green coming through. Caldwell. O’Halloran. Hateley. Can’t keep them all.
Sounds like he'll go to the Hawks for a 5th round pick...isn't that how it usually works

A 188cm 3rd tall to replace a 195cm KPD when they have just drafted KPD Sam De Koning and have taller options in Mark Blicavs, Jack Henry, Tom Stewart. Jake Kolodjashnij, Mark O'Connor and Lachie Henderson all taller than Doedee? I'm not seeing the Cats being that keen personally.
Not that it really matters, but wasn't Henderson delisted?

Give them nothing. Wait until they delist him due to the salary cap bite or Hately becomes OOC and then offer peanuts or threaten the PSD. Worked for the Bloos. Hawthorn with the ones they got for next to nothing. Keep our picks.

Sounds like he'll go to the Hawks for a 5th round pick...isn't that how it usually works
Tex's mate Isaac Cumming should be gettable, out of contract in 2020, quick and an elite kick, starved of opportunities at the Giants and Lachie Ash isn't going to make it any easier. Would be a good cheap pick up. The kind of player Clarkson would go after.

Give them nothing. Wait until they delist him due to the salary cap bite or Hately becomes OOC and then offer peanuts or threaten the PSD. Worked for the Bloos. Hawthorn with the ones they got for next to nothing. Keep our picks.
This Is Wishful Thinking. Not much in common with those scenarios. Maybe we could pickup Aidan Corr that way, I’d be okay with that.

Regardless none of that will happen because we will take our picks to the draft. We aren’t a David Noble trade picks for players shop anymore.

This Is Wishful Thinking. Not much in common with those scenarios. Maybe we could pickup Aidan Corr that way, I’d be okay with that.

Regardless none of that will happen because we will take our picks to the draft. We aren’t a David Noble trade picks for players shop anymore.

Let them keep them then. Go to the draft. Tis simple. Do what they did. Picked up talent, stockpiled it and then traded the excess for more picks to get even more talent in. I would trade Laird and a couple of others to get even more picks next year.

Tex's mate Isaac Cumming should be gettable, out of contract in 2020, quick and an elite kick, starved of opportunities at the Giants and Lachie Ash isn't going to make it any easier. Would be a good cheap pick up. The kind of player Clarkson would go after.
Is Cumming going well at NEAFL level?

He has had 3 years on the list now without really getting a crack at AFL level. Was pick 20 in 2016 matching Sydney’s bid. Think you are right he is a good chance to be on the move end of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Cumming going well at NEAFL level?

He has had 3 years on the list now without really getting a crack at AFL level. Was pick 20 in 2016 matching Sydney’s bid. Think you are right he is a good chance to be on the move end of next year.
Only played the 8 games of NEAFL and found plenty of it in a fairly poorly performing Giants NEAFL team. Did play the 5 AFL games as well so must have had a few niggles during the year.

Or SOS.

It seems that way so far

Andrews and Hipwood is a couple of fantastic key planks. When is our academy going to provide us with a couple of 200cm stars.

I really thought Hawthorn would have nailed 2-3 massive free agents say Lynch and Coniglio and would have successfully rebuilt without drafting much. But it hasn’t happened.
Highlights how good Richmond have become off field to get Lynch.
Considering they got Caddy, Nankervis and Prestia only 2 years before that.
Add Stack and Pickett as freebies.

It's only been 4 years since Hawks last flag and they won't bottom out.
Since then they have recruited O'Meara, Mitchell, Wingard, Scully, Impey.
They drafted Worpel, Maginniss, Ross, and Day.

Hawthorn build their midfield 1st. Good mids make young forwards life easier then trade in KPD.

Maximum spend of a third rounder, need to build our list through the draft
Just like the last 20 years?

We need to target some good young players from other clubs. If it means we trade a 1st for a JDG for example, go for it

The time isn’t right for us to target anyone. We need to continue to build through the 2020 draft and then target some trades in 2021 that will complement our list.

Last edited:
Fogs OOC this year. I say we sure him up long term along with Doedee and some other promising kids.

Extend Brad if we can but have triggers if he wants 4 or 5 years.

The only trade targets id be gunning for are young players that play a position we need. Draft talent, trade for needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back