List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Hayes is 205cm and already this year a few AFL teams are down to 1 ruckman due to injuries.

Is it time to trade him to a needy team for a pick in the 30s?
I got a better idea.

Trade Pick 10 and Hayes for Pick 12 and 18.

Then package up Picks 12 and 18 to get Pick 10.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
they’ve been injured pretty often. Drew has shown a lot, he’s a keeper. Atley has something but niggling injuries have plagued him too.

I reckon they've played enough SANFL, especially Atley, and albeit their injuries. They are not saviours to our midfield. They are depth at best. Rozee is our sole classy mid and possibly Butters can be a pinch hitting class mid. Looking beyond 2020 and given that the clock is ticking for Boak then we still need a couple of true pacey mids that are better than Wines and know how to pull wins.

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I would be completely okay with trading Lycett if we get something half decent in return. He works hard, but he gets totally shown up by any of the top rucks in the comp. Ladhams is a freak around the ground and has so much potential if he can get his tap work better. Hayes' tap work is absolutely amazing and he will be the best ruck on our list by far. I made a call over a year ago that I believe Hayes will become one of the very best rucks in the entire comp and I still believe that.

Aug 13, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Drew will probably be at best a serviceable defensive midfield (think pressure & tackling) option to compliment the dynamism of Rozee and possibly some of Butters time.

We've got pretty good wingers in Duursma and Amon.

If we get Hately and Mead progresses we'd have 2 good to great mids with a balance of inside/outside.

Irony would be that the perfect compliment to the above mix once Boak and Rocky are gone is Wines.

Must admit, it would be a pretty baller piece of list management to bring Lycett in as a free agent and then trade him for a first rounder a couple of years later.

8F351140-C2A4-44CD-A8C9-2AE42E02E4EA.png

Last edited:

Est1980

Rookie
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To those short-changing drew, he's shown far more in 10 matches than a number of our 50-100 gamers of recent times. Well worth more than persistance. In 2019, his debut afl season - rounds 4 to 5, 16 and 20 disposals against Richmond and West Coast respectively (2019 to be premiers and defending 2018 premiers no less) with a goal to boot for each. We're beyond carrying there, he's shown he could be anything (yes, still to early to call either way). Body willing he'll still show us something in 2020

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Remember like 3 years ago when our ruck division was Trengove and Westhoff?

Remember 1 week ago when we were lauding Lycett as a steal and a great AFL quality ruckman?

The time to trade a ruckman ostensibly worth a 1st round pick is when you have 3 of them.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’ve never paid any attention to darling, I just assumed he was taller than listed.

players heights are tested and released at combines. If they grow after the combine there’s no obligation to share it other than if it makes a nice story to sell to your club members.

its funny this reminded me I didn’t grow a cm or put any weight on between the ages of 12-16 then grew around 10-15cms between 16-18. ive only come to understand how unusual that was recently when hearing stories of people like tredders growing like 7cms in a year.

You didn't notice that everyone your own age was getting significantly shorter?

To those short-changing drew, he's shown far more in 10 matches than a number of our 50-100 gamers of recent times. Well worth more than persistance. In 2019, his debut afl season - rounds 4 to 5, 16 and 20 disposals against Richmond and West Coast respectively (2019 to be premiers and defending 2018 premiers no less) with a goal to boot for each. We're beyond carrying there, he's shown he could be anything (yes, still to early to call either way). Body willing he'll still show us something in 2020

Hi Willem. I'm your Board Buddy. Keep up the good work.

Hayes is 205cm and already this year a few AFL teams are down to 1 ruckman due to injuries.
Is it time to trade him to a needy team for a pick in the 30s?
2020 is an even year so the brain automatically goes into we must have minimal rucks and in no way believe injuries can happen mode.

Remember 2016? Remember 2018?

Back