List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

So... The Saints are overtly saying they are going raiding this trade period with cash to spend.

If Wines goes to the Saints, can we trade back in Marshall and a 1st rounder? Maybe swap of later picks in the Saints favour.

(I'm guessing that will be unpopular trade option.... one I am not serious about)

Dodoro is reaping the rewards for his ridiculous trade strategy.

Lowballing and offering 3 spuds for 1 gun style negotiation might fly on Bay 13 but in the real world you'll go further with win-wins. He is not taken seriously, clubs prefer not to trade with him and consequently he's left with guys like Fantasia and Daniher stinking up their list while they perenially languish in the bottom half.

Lowballing and offering 3 spuds for 1 gun style negotiation might fly on Bay 13 but in the real world you'll go further with win-wins. He is not taken seriously, clubs prefer not to trade with him and consequently he's left with guys like Fantasia and Daniher stinking up their list while they perenially languish in the bottom half.

They'll both still want out at the end of this year, and the price being offered for them will be a lot less than it was last year. Eat a dick Dodo.

They'll both still want out at the end of this year, and the price being offered for them will be a lot less than it was last year. Eat a dick Dodo.

The only one who is out of contract is Daniher (RFA), Francis signed until 2022 (non-free agent) and Fantasia until 2021 (will be a RFA). The only way that Francis or Fantasia move is through a good season now and a club paying overs prior to free-agency. I suspect Daniher will walk to Sydney for a compensations pick (probably a first round compensation pick as well, knowing the AFL)

Essendon lost out by not trading them last year. They would have gotten more for Daniher and at least something for Fantasia. Now they haven't played, look cooked and will be over priced. I don't think clubs will touch them. I hope Port doesn't target any of them, not sure if they are the right players for the team. Port need to target the draft.

So... The Saints are overtly saying they are going raiding this trade period with cash to spend.

If Wines goes to the Saints, can we trade back in Marshall and a 1st rounder? Maybe swap of later picks in the Saints favour.

(I'm guessing that will be unpopular trade option.... one I am not serious about)

I cannot see that the Saints would be in the financial position to do this.

They are 8th with a game in hand against shambolic Dees.

Is Zac Williams a free agent and would he come to us? He is exactly what we need in the middle, and trade free (if a free agent).

Would allow us to: trade Wines to another club (bring in some youth); keep Rocky on the inside; and add a different type of midfielder to our mix.

Is Zac Williams a free agent and would he come to us? He is exactly what we need in the middle, and trade free (if a free agent).

Would allow us to: trade Wines to another club (bring in some youth); keep Rocky on the inside; and add a different type of midfielder to our mix.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Brad Crouch (Adelaide)
Joe Daniher (Essendon)
Jeremy Cameron (GWS)
Zac Williams (GWS)
Aidan Corr (GWS)
Jack Viney (Melbourne)
Brad Ebert (Port Adelaide)

CD and Cripps signing a free agent.

His the one for us but I would like Ollie to stay .
It would take 2 first for Ollie then yeah he can go but I can't see him getting us that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His the one for us but I would like Ollie to stay .
It would take 2 first for Ollie then yeah he can go but I can't see him getting us that.

I am not in the trade Wines camp, I think a 26yr old who has played 150 odd games is coming into his absolute prime. He has a lot to still offer to the club. But you never know what is happening behind the scenes.

Port won't get two first for Ollie (maybe 2 late firsts at best, which won't matter in the upcoming compromised draft). A future first is probably more valuable to Port, given the players under FS and NGA that they potentially have coming through. If the offer is a higher first (this year or next year) and second round pick (especially if the first is a future pick), without Port picking up his salary, Port should consider that.

Isn't Zac Williams a speedy half back flanker? To assume he is an answer to midfield issues is a stretch.

Trading Wines for any sort of late 2020 first is a waste, it will be burned up on Jones. It is effectively giving him away.

Keep Ollie here, he is a quality AFL player and is contracted so no need to throw him away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back