List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

My wishlist:

Jackson Hately
Jordan Clark
Charlie Constable
Ben Mckay
Max Lynch

haven’t watched Clark in a while but port could use a runner in the back half a fair bit. It’s why we’re persisting with bonner. Hopefully Bergman develops in that role. WA lad so it would have to be a hell of a good pitch.

Not sure I would want Constable if you’ve already got hately.

Since Fantasia back flipped on us and made us look silly, we have recruited Georgiades, Williams, Mead and T.Burgoyne and have Schofield and J.Burgoyne to come in the next few drafts- ALL of whom can play forward!

Not only has the Fantasia ship sailed, its been renamed the “Ruby Princess”, decommissioned and torpedoed to the bottom of the South Pacific.

Since Fantasia back flipped on us and made us look silly, we have recruited Georgiades, Williams, Mead and T.Burgoyne and have Schofield and J.Burgoyne to come in the next few drafts- ALL of whom can play forward!

Not only has the Fantasia ship sailed, its been renamed the “Ruby Princess”, decommissioned and torpedoed to the bottom of the South Pacific.

Orazio to Davey Jones' locker 😝

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he flip on us? .... Or did we flip on him?

I am pretty sure it is the latter!

Any realistic prospects in the 22-26 year old age bracket? Got a nucleus of personnel reaching the wrong side of 30 plus a stack of talented youth. Two more additions in the above age bracket would add some balance to our age profile.

Hayward would be a good fit. Parfitt too but I reckon Parfitt would be too expensive and we won't be able to get him in. Sydney would probably want a first rounder for Hayward too. Cox i'm cooling on.

Did he flip on us? .... Or did we flip on him?

I am pretty sure it is the latter!

It was widely reported at the time that Port were more than annoyed Fantasia made the announcement he was staying at Essendon.

Any realistic prospects in the 22-26 year old age bracket? Got a nucleus of personnel reaching the wrong side of 30 plus a stack of talented youth. Two more additions in the above age bracket would add some balance to our age profile.

most if not all of that nucleus that is 30+ is going around next year (boak grey westhoff ebert? Rockliff) the guys just under 30 (watts, Dixon , Jonas , Hartlett) likely have 2 more years so that’s 2022.

by then we have a senior core of Dbj, burton Marshall spp clurey lycett Amon bonner Houston ladhams mayes Lienert and McKenzie would all be between 25-30. (I believe DBJ has future port captain written all over him if he’s vocal enough off the field he’s definitely leadership material on it)

and we would have guys like butters rozee duursma Etc in the 20-24 range.
I’m happy with the age profile.

It was widely reported at the time that Port were more than annoyed Fantasia made the announcement he was staying at Essendon.

Well we dodged a massive bullet on that one. Do not rate a bloke who can barely get on the park.

I'd also be looking at players like Jordan Ridley, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Charlie Ballard, Bailey Williams (WB), Jarrod Brander, Callum Coleman-Jones, Nick Coffield, Noah Balta, Jack Graham, Tom Sparrow, Alex Neal-Bullen

I'd also be looking at players like Jordan Ridley, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Charlie Ballard, Bailey Williams (WB), Jarrod Brander, Callum Coleman-Jones, Nick Coffield, Noah Balta, Jack Graham, Tom Sparrow, Alex Neal-Bullen

Eww. We just got rid of Sam Gray, why would you want a poor man's version of him back?

Hayward would be a good fit. Parfitt too but I reckon Parfitt would be too expensive and we won't be able to get him in. Sydney would probably want a first rounder for Hayward too. Cox i'm cooling on.
I’ve gone ice cold on cox. Port likes super mobile key defenders. Cox looks like a backup depth player

I like Hayward, in particular I’m fond of playing natural forwards in forward positions but we’ve added a few forwards in the last couple of years so I don’t see him as worth the price. He’s contracted to 2024 which is a very long contract and is a rfa at that time.

I haven’t paid attention to Zerk-Thatcher but a 21yr 195cm key defender from Sa is worth keeping an eye on. Contracted to 2021, dons would be keen to keep him.

I forgot about Ballard. Ooc in 2021. Gold Coast would be desperate to keep him. He would be the type port would be very keen on in defense and the type we could develoo

Sparrow is currently ooc. I saw bits that I liked before he was drafted but I don’t know if he’s an afl footballer yet. Would only be keen if he was cheap. We probably don’t have a list spot for him unless we cut deep or a few retire. perfect target for the crows tbh they can give him games in the midfield melb can’t.

no interest in Neal-Bullen really. maybe if you’re really cutting deep and he’s replacing some around the bottom his speed would be handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back