List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Rating McKenzie correctly. He was a depth player for years at Gold Coast. He was a depth player here for two years until we gutted our KPD stocks so thoroughly by losing Hombsch, Austin and Howard that we basically had no choice but to play him.

Do you see McKenzie playing 22 games for Geelong? Richmond? West Coast? Brisbane? If not, he should be a depth player. A good depth player and one well worth keeping on the list, but a depth player nonetheless.
I strongly disagree. He has been great this year in the side that finished top of the table!. Performed well thru the finals, and IMO will get better next year.

On current form he would be a walk up start in any of the teams, and the only reason he might not get in a side is if they already have similar players that are established in the club and team.

We play a system defence and McKenzie is very capable of playing in that system.

He's not an outstanding footballer, but he fits in like a glove. To replace him we'll need a better footballer who fits the system just as well, which means they have to be able to intercept mark, they have to play in front, they have to be able to kick, they have to be disciplined and play their role.

I don't think Clurey is an outstanding footballer either, similar to McKenzie he's just pretty good and fits into the system. Jonas is an outstanding footballer, but there is a lot of scope to improve with both of the others.

We play a system defence and McKenzie is very capable of playing in that system.

He's not an outstanding footballer, but he fits in like a glove. To replace him we'll need a better footballer who fits the system just as well, which means they have to be able to intercept mark, they have to play in front, they have to be able to kick, they have to be disciplined and play their role.

I don't think Clurey is an outstanding footballer either, similar to McKenzie he's just pretty good and fits into the system. Jonas is an outstanding footballer, but there is a lot of scope to improve with both of the others.

Agree. Clurey worries me as well. Let his direct opponent get away from him on the lead and gave up a set shot four or five times on Friday night. Just like Hawkins repeatedly got away from McKenzie.

There's a not insignificant chance that if you replace Clurey against Richmond with, say, Robbie Tarrant, we're playing in a Grand Final next Saturday. I think we should be chasing Robbie hard.

Agree. Clurey worries me as well. Let his direct opponent get away from him on the lead and gave up a set shot four or five times on Friday night. Just like Hawkins repeatedly got away from McKenzie.

There's a not insignificant chance that if you replace Clurey against Richmond with, say, Robbie Tarrant, we're playing in a Grand Final next Saturday. I think we should be chasing Robbie hard.

Agree totally with Tarrant. Exactly the right type of player, better than what we have starting. Taller as well, so stops height being such an issue. He's old, but if we're gonna try to win a flag in the Boak/Gray, that's not an issue at all.

I'd see Tarrant as a big upgrade and a statement of intent that we're gunning for a flag in 2021

I don't know how anyone could watch our season and come to the conclusion that the Dulmial Gun isn't a very good defender and an important part of what we do. If anyone needs replacing with a bigger and better defender, it's Clurey.

I don't know how anyone could watch our season and come to the conclusion that the Dulmial Gun isn't a very good defender and an important part of what we do. If anyone needs replacing with a bigger and better defender, it's Clurey.

I agree that Clurey is first out, I just don't think that McKenzie is a star. He's just very well suited to our system and he's very focused and disciplined. He's ultimately replacable but I don't think it's a huge priority.

Do you see McKenzie playing 22 games for Geelong? Richmond? West Coast? Brisbane? If not, he should be a depth player.

Yes. Easily.

I’m not even sure you could tell me who the 3rd best tall defender is on most of those teams.

McKenzie had a far better year than most of them I’ll bet and you’ve selected the best teams in the league.

I think there’s a fair bit of lumping McKenzie with what we knew him as instead of what he’s become.

I look at our finals series and the last problem I have is the backline.

Our midfield lost that game pure and simple.

If we got Tarrant, then rolled around with a slow midfield getting torched by quick midfielders again I’m pretty confident we get the same result as this year.

Rating McKenzie correctly. He was a depth player for years at Gold Coast. He was a depth player here for two years until we gutted our KPD stocks so thoroughly by losing Hombsch, Austin and Howard that we basically had no choice but to play him.

Do you see McKenzie playing 22 games for Geelong? Richmond? West Coast? Brisbane? If not, he should be a depth player. A good depth player and one well worth keeping on the list, but a depth player nonetheless.
Cannon has more than justified his selections this year, he has been great for us.

If he was our biggest problem Friday night, we’d be playing in GF this weekend

McKenzie as 3rd tall at Richmond would be every bit as good as Broad has been, with multiple AA KPD help over the last few years with Grimes and Rance. Brisbane played Ryan Lester as 3rd tall all year. West Coast had a host of players go through that spot in Brander, Schofield and Rotham. Mckenzie had a better year than all of them.

He had a very good year this year. Do we still need more KPD on our list? Absolutely

I dont think we will recruit any huge names in this off season. Crouch wont happen from what i am told. Looked a chance a couple weeks back though.

Jarrod Cameron we are pretty keen on and I think we will also look at Narkle/Parfitt if Geelong have a squeeze when getting J Cameron and or Crouch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crouch situation has changed as the Crows will now match to force a trade due to the FA compo being diminished because all the offers dropped significantly after his incident. Port will not trade for him, will only get him as a FA so its a stale mate at the moment.

I dont think we will recruit any huge names in this off season. Crouch wont happen from what i am told. Looked a chance a couple weeks back though.

Jarrod Cameron we are pretty keen on and I think we will also look at Narkle/Parfitt if Geelong have a squeeze when getting J Cameron and or Crouch

Sounds about right. Any tall defenders? Parfitt, Narkle, Fogarty,Kreuger from Geelong may fall. Need a crumbling forward.

The biggest area I want to see improved is a KPD to replace Clurey who can handle a guy like Hawkins, Daniher etc. I said a few months ago Robbie Tarrant should be the target and nothing has changed my stance to suggest otherwise.

Our midfield lost us the game on Friday but my bigger concern from that is our inability to win games when our midfield is down. Take a side like Richmond who routinely lose centre clearances and stoppages, yet they have a brilliant counter attacking punch and deliver it with full force when they get that turnover across half back. When we were getting the turnover on Friday our back flankers were static and instead we would kick it down the line to a contest.

We need to add a counter attack off half back to our gameplan because you're kidding yourself if you expect us to win the midfield battle every single game.

So if Crouch happens it will only be after everyone one else refuses to give up any better than a 2nd round pick.

I like the idea of Cameron I wonder we are prepared to pay to get him?
Is the pubis bone injury something that just needs time?

What exactly are these machinations, he's a free agent ffs.

A restricted free agent. Crows can match. That's the problem.

'Restricted free agency' is such a wank. You should be either a free agent or not a free agent.

Well we move on and we get our draftees some time who seem to be being hidden away a little bit, ready to take on the comp next year.

Crouch won't stay, any threat Adelaide is making is just posturing for the pick they want. They'll buckle. Just let it sit. He'll leave. It's just to where that is the question.

A restricted free agent. Crows can match. That's the problem.

'Restricted free agency' is such a wank. You should be either a free agent or not a free agent.

Still doesn't seem overly complicated. Make an offer, if they match, walk away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back