List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

His form in 2018 and 2019 was fine, was only injury issues that was the concern.
Was it ? Across the last three years he hasn’t managed to outperform Sam Gray (1.1 goals a game each)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for taking the gamble and seeing if we can get him to replicate what we saw in 2017.

Was it ? Across the last three years he hasn’t managed to outperform Sam Gray (1.1 goals a game each)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for taking the gamble and seeing if we can get him to replicate what we saw in 2017.
Poor mans Sammy third rounder at best.

I think its unfair to compare the AA and Doogs. I think it's a global fact we ****ed up with Doogs. But no point sitting around pondering it. AA might not be as good, or he might not be as good but fits us better. Whatever it is, we need to move forward. And AA is a step in the right direction compared with what we have now.

In order for that to happen, he would need to put in well above his last three years

How many players have resurrected their form after 3 years?

it’s a low odds gamble. They only make sense if the cost is something worth next to nothing to give up, like one of our 3rds.

our seconds are way too valuable on the trade table to throw away

as I said before... pittard is the best comparison for Fantasia.

I reckon that Fantasia is nothing like Pittard.
What is similar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a global fact we f’ed up with Doogs.

We don't know what St Kilda offered him, so we don't know what it would have cost to keep him. Howard is a good player, and (I think) better than Aliir. But Howard's also far from perfect or elite - he still gets moved off the ball far too easily for a defender of his size and he certainly isn't a good enough player for us to have tried retaining him with a blank cheque.

The premise of your entire argument rests on Dougal being a 'better player' than Aliir. That's not a fact, it's your opinion. And it's an opinion that I share too FWIW, but I also think Dougal is a better player than Clurey or McKenzie and that didn't stop us getting rid of him. What you or I think doesn't really matter, because neither of us are list managers for the PAFC, and it's clear that the list managers don't rate Dougal Howard as highly as you or I do.

From what we've heard it seems that the reason Dougal ended up on the outer is because he favoured spoiling over marking and didn't offer enough on the rebound. Aliir isn't a spoil first guy, he loves an intercept mark, and he loves using his speed to run and carry with the ball. Maybe it's not about who's a better player, but about who's a better fit. Aliir offers the height and athleticism of Dougal with the intercept first mentality of McKenzie.
From what I've heard the reason Dougal left couldn't be further from footballing reasons its not funny

Surely Sydney don’t let Allir go, unless they get some other talls. They struggled big time this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon there’s a strong chance they hit rebuild hard.

they’re going to be bad for a while no matter what. They’ll churn the list. I reckon they were silly not to offload that small forward for the mint they could have gotten from Carlton too.

Might just have wanted to get away from the Camry crows too

If he watched tonight I hope he turned off his TV before they started playing the Tigers' song.

If he watched tonight I hope he turned off his TV before they started playing the Tigers' song.

Might have watched it naked tied to a tree getting abused by his mates.

I know I did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back