List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. That's the line Trengove rolled out, as it sounds better than "my services were no longer required".

Port didn't have a role for him anymore, so he went to the Dogs. The family support thing is just a nice way to sell it to members.
Whether you go down the “family ties” or “services no longer required” line, Jackson was traded to a Melbourne club and he got the family support after the arrival of the twins.
That being said, he did expressed some anti Port sentiment when trades were done for Jarman, Chad, etc which was disappointing. So basically, stuff him!

Kane on trade radio could port trade Bonner for Fantasia obviously would have to add a pick aswell FFS fu** off kane.

Kane always high balls Port trades so when the real one gets done for less he can say what a steal it was and give Port an A+ for their trades.

Mihochek is an average footballer. His contributions are inconsistent, he does not apply enough pressure and too often drops easy marks. To play in our line up he’d have to displace Marshall or Georgiades (who replaces Ebert in our current best 22).

No thanks.

Whether you go down the “family ties” or “services no longer required” line, Jackson was traded to a Melbourne club and he got the family support after the arrival of the twins.
That being said, he did expressed some anti Port sentiment when trades were done for Jarman, Chad, etc which was disappointing. So basically, stuff him!
I think you are totally rewriting history.

Two of the major reasons the tiggers won this years gf were Nankervis, and obviously Martin.

Rucks who can compete for 4 qtrs are crucial to ultimate success in finals and I doubt Lycett could have run that game out as strongly as Nankervis (who I thought was showing signs of being 3 parts Donald Ducked from about the midpoint of the 2nd term) eventually did, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out for Lycett, Ladhams, and Hayes next season.

Martin is a once in a lifetime player, he single handedly dragged the tiggers back into the contest with an individual effort just before half time which resulted in what it could probably be argued was the most crucial goal of the game.

We don't have a Dusty, but neither does anyone else, ( a now past his absolute best Robbie Gray was probably the closest we have had), but Rozee is the player who could reach those heights eventually, and whilst it is unlikely he will ever have same amount of body strength of that player I suspect he won't lack much, if anything in the skills department.

Two of the major reasons the tiggers won this years gf were Nankervis, and obviously Martin.

Rucks who can compete for 4 qtrs are crucial to ultimate success in finals and I doubt Lycett could have run that game out as strongly as Nankervis (who I thought was showing signs of being 3 parts Donald Ducked from about the midpoint of the 2nd term) eventually did, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out for Lycett, Ladhams, and Hayes next season.

Martin is a once in a lifetime player, he single handedly dragged the tiggers back into the contest with an individual effort just before half time which resulted in what it could probably be argued was the most crucial goal of the game.

We don't have a Dusty, but neither does anyone else, ( a now past his absolute best Robbie Gray was probably the closest we have had), but Rozee is the player who could reach those heights eventually, and whilst it is unlikely he will ever have same amount of body strength of that player I suspect he won't lack much, if anything in the skills department.
Surely SPP could be our next Dusty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dougal Howard had years left on his contract. It would've cost Port nothing more than we'd already agreed to pay him to keep him. He wasn't out of contract. Port didn't have to do anything to keep him other than say no to St Kilda's trade offers.

Technically, sure, but that relationship appeared to fall apart so quickly I would not have been surprised to see Howard walk to the pre-season draft if he didn't get more money out of Port or the trade he wanted.

Who's on the table:
They're not lining up at the exit door at Alberton after a stellar 2020. The club and Ollie Wines have been emphatic he is staying, while the club is keen to hold ruckman Peter Ladhams.
Young defender Riley Bonner has been reported as a player of interest to the Bombers, but it is not clear if the Power would move him.

Who's in limbo:
Jarrod Lienert was in and out of the team this season and remains uncontracted, while list sizes will determine whether midfielder Jake Patmore and rookie Martin Frederick receive new deals. Hard-working small forward Boyd Woodcock should earn an extension after making his debut in 2020.

Last edited:
Mihochek is an average footballer. His contributions are inconsistent, he does not apply enough pressure and too often drops easy marks. To play in our line up he’d have to displace Marshall or Georgiades (who replaces Ebert in our current best 22).

No thanks.

Lol Mihocek is miles better than either of those two. They may and hopefully will develop into better players than Mihocek, but they certainly haven't yet.

Technically, sure, but that relationship appeared to fall apart so quickly I would not have been surprised to see Howard walk to the pre-season draft if he didn't get more money out of Port or the trade he wanted.

A contracted player can't walk to the pre-season draft.

Who's on the table:
They're not lining up at the exit door at Alberton after a stellar 2020. The club and Ollie Wines have been emphatic he is staying, while the club is keen to hold ruckman Peter Ladhams.
Young defender Riley Bonner has been reported as a player of interest to the Bombers, but it is not clear if the Power would move him.

Who's in limbo:
Jarrod Lienert
was in and out of the team this season and remains uncontracted, while list sizes will determine whether midfielder Jake Patmore and rookie Martin Frederick receive new deals. Hard-working small forward Boyd Woodcock should earn an extension after making his debut in 2020.

jeez Smithy, this guy may as well have written I have no idea. :p

Narkle is best mates with SPP
Then he has to be our number one target for the reasons I said earlier (better small forward than Fantasia, quicker inside mid than anyone we have) and his friendship with SPP. This is what’s reported on him by Afl.com.au today:

Quinton Narkle is still awaiting a contract offer and will canvass the market for any rival suitors. “

Go hard, Port.

Love a ruckman who can mark in the backlines. Rozee + Butters = roughly 1 and 1/2 Dustys.

I heard port are very keen on mihocek. Still out of contract and Collingwood seem to be trying to push Treloar to gold Coast to free up some $ and get some trade capital.
I like mihocek but unless hinkley rewrites our ‘push huge numbers into the forward line of a narrow home ground’ gameplan mihocek would be the opposite of a moneyball pickup. He would have been next to useless in our game style this season.
especially when we’ve got marshall and Georgiades plus Dylan Williams who plays a medium forward style.

it would be a dumb target for us.

Richmond beat us and the cats with midfield speed and spread. Their mids are very good at using workrate and motion around stoppages to spread quickly.

it’s important for port that we inject more speed and Light footed players willing to spread hard.

Rozee Spp and butters I believe will make a massive difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back