List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel getting mixed up in another deal with dodo would be like trying to put out a fat fire by pouring gasoline on it.

In this case though Dodo would be the person that has to make something happen to get Dunkley in so he may be more ‘motivated’ and we can be the facilitator.

Any update on Port and Tom Phillips?

Stephenson would be interesting.

So how are we filling the dearth of talls after booting Buzza, Grundy and Westy?

The only thing that makes me feel better about “organic growth” compared to when the crows said it, is that we have a bunch of young players that have barely played.

Lachie Jones
Miles Bergman
Mitchell Georgiades
Jackson Mead
Dylan Williams

As well as the growth that should come from the fantastic trio, as well as other youngsters in the best 22. When the crows said it, they were just hoping that their 24-27 year olds would just magically go to another level. At least us we should have youngsters come in and get a chance

Rucks are at a bit of a premium at the moment. It wouldn't be the worst time to trade one of ours. Probably only interested in future picks though.
- Hayes wouldn’t get us anything
- Ladham is a young promising ruckman so would be dumb to trade for a kid in the draft that might be as good as him
- Lycett is our number 1 ruck atm, so if we want a premiership in 2021, it would decrease our chances if we trade Scott

I wonder if this could help us with Fanta.

WB send Dunkley to Essendon, Essendon flick a pick(s) to WB and Fanta to us, we send someone or something (pick 29 ??). to dogs.

Easier for Dodo to say he got something good for Fanta if it’s mixed up in a bigger deal.
Wouldn't that hurt us?

That would result in us giving up pick 29 for Fantasia would be a massive loss.

- Hayes wouldn’t get us anything
- Ladham is a young promising ruckman so would be dumb to trade for a kid in the draft that might be as good as him
- Lycett is our number 1 ruck atm, so if we want a premiership in 2021, it would decrease our chances if we trade Scott
Hayes would get a late first rounder. He’s highly regarded across the league as one of the top Rick prospects going around.

Hayes would get a late first rounder. He’s highly regarded across the league as one of the top Rick prospects going around.

Nah to trading rucks. We are sorted for the next 10 years almost, if they all want to all stay.

Lycett will fade out, as Hayes develops, and Ladhams has good potential for a long term second ruck/forward.

Do you remember what it was like having just Lobby the Lobster...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't that hurt us?

That would result in us giving up pick 29 for Fantasia would be a massive loss.

Id say realistically that pick is about as good as we will do if the club wants him.

So how are we filling the dearth of talls after booting Buzza, Grundy and Westy?
With 38 plus 6 rookies allowed on lists I am
sure we will pick up someone for free somewhere

yes i think we need 1 more TALL back but im not as concerned as i was with height out vs height in when you look at our list.

Hayes should get games this year, MG should definitely get games this year and Pasini is highly rated for games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucks are at a bit of a premium at the moment. It wouldn't be the worst time to trade one of ours. Probably only interested in future picks though.
So are star midfielders, doesn't mean you trade them away. Remember when we had Lobbe suddenly turn into a spud, that's how long it's taken us to find good replacements.

yes i think we need 1 more TALL back but im not as concerned as i was with height out vs height in when you look at our list.

Hayes should get games this year, MG should definitely get games this year and Pasini is highly rated for games this year.
Is there a rumour that Port are after Phillips? Hadn't heard that one.

Maybe Krueger from the Cats, or the Sturt guy with the Dogs (Young?) could be grabbed in exchange for a late pick? Both around the 196cm mark.

We drafted him with pick 47 3 years ago, is yet to debut and he hasn't played a game of football since the 2019 SANFL GF.

Yes he is highly regarded, but in no way does that increase his trade capital, let alone increases it to a late first rounder.

Giving an extremely promising ruckman in Hayes away for a draft pick, unless it was a guaranteed walk up start player who would immediately improve the team (unlikely), would in my opinion be foolhardy.

In finals dominant rucks are worth their weight in gold, ala the tigger's bloke when he took control in the 2nd half of the recent gf.
It also may pay to remember the swannies gave him away, and now they are struggling in that area.

I hope we're

Never gonna give him up
Never gonna let him down
Never gonna run around and desert him

Never gonna make him cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back