List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we could start working towards signing some Dog C rookies, as we all know they are mans best friend. I have some ideas of how we can quickly expand this program to take advantage, I believe Scrappy Doo is ready to make an impact come round 1 in 2021.
.View attachment 976917

Can we plonk Clifford in the ruck?

images.jpeg-76.jpg

I loved Parkers first season brought the excitement we had been craving at this club for years but he can't go midfield he is a pure Fwd and we have that. If he could play that HF role why wasn't he tried there this year? Was he Injured?.
Castagna was probably a bad example but compare the others to Parker and you will see what I mean. A HF that can generate clearance themselves rather then rely on Steele and Co and give them a rest is so important.
I believe Jade is probably our most important player right now because of how important that role is, It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that the games he was out injured were the games i mentioned earlier about being close and needing someone to stand up. I think we have the talent coming through to fit that mid clearance player role (Bytel looked promising in our Geel game) but where is that HF talent?. Again like i said if not Heeney then someone similar to help in that role and look at drafting for that role as well.
When the hawks where at their best there was a motto of "One soldier out one soldier in" Who are our HF soldiers?

EssentialAdoredGermanspaniel-size_restricted.gif
"If he could play that HF role why wasn't he tried there this year? Was he Injured?"

Ahh Yes - kept a close eye on the season then.

He had an interrupted pre-season so was 4th in the order behind Kent, Lonie and Hind who then got the early games. Was selected for two games but didn't play that well and unfortunately for him Nick Hind had his one good game for the year and then got 5 or 6 games that if they had gone to Parker may have seen a completely different result.

Given the lack of real practice matches and our low injury count it was always going to be hard for players outside the starting 22 to break back into the team.

Now unless he's a total tool (which doesn't look the case) or that we manage to sign two gun mids and De Goey, then list size will determine his fate with us, but I'd have him well ahead of Hind and if he does get cut, I'm certain there's a number of clubs who will look closely at him.

Last edited:
Watching the finals just solidifies my belief that a HF who can play midfield mins is so important for our hope for a premiership. Mihocek had a stinker until late in the 3rd but he and DeGoey were huge in that last quarter. McCluggage finally kicked straight and Raynor may not of had the stats to show for it but his score involvements and influence in that last quarter was massive. Gerry stood up with his contest marks and goals helping us win but it was also Libba and Wallis that helped get the doggies back in it in that last term.
The HF role is so important, If Jade was their I think we win this game by 30+. We need talent and depth in this area. Taranto/Caldwell would absolutely be great for our team but a DeGoey/Heeney type would make us a premiership contender. (Still haven't written off this year though).
Maybe Caldwell could play HF what was he like u/18s and what kind of player is Ryan Byrnes could he play HF? I think Bytel is our next Steele so who else might be tried in that role next year?
Carn the Saints

HighScientificCivet-small.gif

Out of contract: Ryan Abbott, Sam Alabakis, Logan Austin, Jack Bell, Jack Bytel, Jake Carlisle, Oscar Clavarino, Nick Hind, Doulton Langlands, Jack Lonie, Jonathon Marsh, Jack Mayo, Matthew Parker, Ben Paton, Ed Phillips, Shane Savage

There are some eye-catching Saints still without a deal. Carlisle, Lonie, Paton, Bytel and Savage, who played just once this season after being a senior staple until 2020, are among them. Paton's been in discussions for a new contract for a while and is close to re-signing. Lonie's been linked with a move to the Western Bulldogs and is part of a small forward market that has many suitors. Hard-running Phillips is also attracting some rival interest, while developing defender Clavarino is yet to break through for a senior game but has impressed with his attitude and form at the lower level. Hind's line-breaking ability makes him a wanted commodity.

"If he could play that HF role why wasn't he tried there this year? Was he Injured?"

Ahh Yes - kept a close eye on the season then.

He had an interrupted pre-season so was 4th in the order behind Kent, Lonie and Hind who then got the early games. Was selected for two games but didn't play that well and unfortunately for him Nick Hind had his one good game for the year and then got 5 or 6 games that if they had gone to Parker may have seen a completely different result.

Given the lack of real practice matches and our low injury count it was always going to be hard for players outside the starting 22 to break back into the team.

Now unless he's a total tool (which doesn't look the case) or that we manage to sign two gun mids and De Goey, then list size will determine his fate with us, but I'd have him well ahead of Hind and if he does get cut, I'm certain there's a number of clubs who will look closely at him.
Mate, All we can do this year is stay inside and watch tv, of course I've kept an eye on the season.
The point was about a reply saying Parker was the perfect player for that HF role. I forgot that when you ask a rhetorical question online you need to use italics or quotation marks so people understand.
Parker was breath of fresh air to the club last year and I hope he can recapture that form, but I see him as a pure Fwd. Who apart form Gresh on our list can kick goals and help out with clearances? Maybe Billings but we need his run elsewhere.
With the list size changers coming in I think Parker should be kept because his height and speed is unique on our list, I don't mind Kent and he has had some solid games but I would let him go first over Parker and Hind. Also Lonie should be resigned immediately.
tumblr_mxtilwjUQA1rg5dd5o1_250.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to purple Crouch wanted to come to the Saints but we wouldn't pay what he wanted.

Good.
Might be on my own here but even if he was gonna play for free I wouldn't want him. Seriously average and over rated with character issues

The only one I've got any real belief in is Caldwell.

But there could be someone really significant to come, we have given ourselves the opportunity.

Honestly if we can get Caldwell and another young KPD that’s all we need. We did almost all of the work last off season. A free hit through free agency would be nice as well if they don’t cost too much coin.

We still have Gresh to come back who is arguably our 2nd or 3rd best mid this year with Jones, so our midfield isn’t really an issue anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back