List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought he looked slow in the AFL, he's not shown much yet at senior level, well from what I watched anyway. I don't know if I was expecting too much but he looked pretty much like Ryan Byrnes did. Looked a bit off the pace, low on confidence and not really showing any of the tricks he is meant to possess. It doesn't mean he won't turn it around but he looks more a bit overwhelmed at the moment. He will be another year more advanced next year so should be little bit closer but if it wasn't for my mate saying how good he will be I don't think I'd even take a second look to be honest.

I thought so too. At most he looks medium paced. Considering his history of hammies/soft tissue, it's a worry. I'm sure we'll do our due dilligence. Just don't sell the farm in case he hardly gets on the park!

Sinclair has almost cemented his spot for mine. He’s just too good with ball in hand, if we get some more mids there’d be some shuffling around before he lost his spot no doubt.

Without having watched much of him, am a bit concerned that all the injuries he's had will have had an impact on his ability to burst away from clearances that was supposed to be one of his best attributes, pre-draft.

Has anyone who's paid close attention to him noticed him being able to use his pace much?
You don’t see it all the time but he’s definitely still got it. 9:05 left in the first quarter from their game against Brisbane if you want to see it. Scoops up a ground ball IIRC then dodges and weaves a couple.

Forgot about Heppell too

So Hepppell, Shiel, McGrath, Merrett, Smith, Parish

Are they not all the same player?

Heppell the only one that's not a full on midget.

Only way it makes sense is if their are more players leaving?
Manlets, one and all

Sinclair has almost cemented his spot for mine. He’s just too good with ball in hand, if we get some more mids there’d be some shuffling around before he lost his spot no doubt.
I agree. He is too effective with ball in hand to leave out. He’s played half forward, midfield, wing and half back at various stages this year. Done well in all of them.

If we lose Carlisle, I'd be happy for us to go after Tarrant. Despite being a few years older, he doesn't have a debilitating back injury, clearly looks after himself and adds a senior head and leadership to a pretty bloody young backline. He's also still a very good defender, and in my opinion one of the most underrated in the past decade. He'd be a good 1-3 year upgrade on Jake while we wait for something better to present itself.
And would probably only cost 300k a year, compare that to what snake who would probably be wanting 500k.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love what Sinclair brings to the table. Smart footballer. Top 10 in league for average goal assists (just under 1 a game). 9 in 11 games albeit 3 against Hawks.

If we looked at the weekend’s team. Kent offers speed and pressure but not much else.

I think Sinclair can replace Kent easily. Might not have the same pace (I’m unsure). But he certainly doesn’t have to play as much around centre or back half as he did on Saturday. Earlier in the year, Swans game comes to mind, he had bulk contested ball around half forward. Also fortunate that as good as Clark could be as a mid, he’s also a gem in defence so we can shuffle players around.

Sinclair last round: A35CD74C-C725-4A95-A24C-97E6A81D6C0E.jpeg

Sinclair Rd16 v Hawks:
8E42C9B6-B982-4F60-A23B-66DC5DEB2E92.jpeg

Sinclair against Swans Rd 9 (I think):
0908917E-6406-4B89-903E-35BE76FE32E1.jpeg

If his role is to win win contested ball around forward half, apply pressure (which I think he usually does well anyway) and dispose of the ball 80%+ then he has a HFF role locked away and Kent is booted out. So clever with his disposal as we saw Saturday (I think 7 score involvements). And that Hawks game, 13 disposals, 3 of which were direct goal assists, which is massive - only 3 players average over 1 a game in the league (Hawkins, Danger and one other).

Sinclair seems to get his job, whether that’s in the middle, backward of centre or forward of centre wind has the same impact regardless. I really like him in the team. Add Caldwell in and he stays but once you start adding in Gresham again, spots get tight... depends what Geary’s role looks like moving forward and how many games Hanners plays.

Always thought he would be a 200 game player and the only thing that was holding him back was the muppet that was Richo and said that many times

Agree though I don't think Cho held him back at all

I think both Clark & Coff have been handled beautifully given they are 21 & 20 respectively and are now 1st choice and are playing consistently well

Let those ages sink in ......... 21 & 20

Now let this age sink in ..... Jye Caldwell has only just turned 20 ........ these guys are nowhere even near hitting their peak age yet

Let alone King (20), Gresham (23), Paton (21), Long (23), Butler (24), Howard (24), Steele (24), Lonie (24), Bytel (20), Byrnes (19), Clavarino (21)

Not wanting to get too far ahead of myself but * it ........ the 2020s are shaping up to be a golden age for our footy club

Agree though I don't think Cho held him back at all

I think both Clark & Coff have been handled beautifully given they are 21 & 20 respectively and are now 1st choice and are playing consistently well

Let those ages sink in ......... 21 & 20

Now let this age sink in ..... Jye Caldwell has only just turned 20 ........ these guys are nowhere even near hitting their peak age yet

Let alone King (20), Gresham (23), Paton (21), Long (23), Butler (24), Howard (24), Steele (24), Lonie (24), Bytel (20), Byrnes (19), Clavarino (21)

Not wanting to get too far ahead of myself but **** it ........ the 2020s are shaping up to be a golden age for our footy club
Its a thing of Beauty

Watching players like Clark, coff, King, paton, Steele and to a lesser extent long and sincs have big leaps in their development under ratts I really wish we drafted billings now and not when we did.

Don't get me wrong he's a decent b grade player but I think if ratts had of got to him earlier he'd be the star midfielder we are crying out for.

I woudnt be surprised if he was trade bait, worthy of a first rounder that could go towards an actual A grader.

You don’t see it all the time but he’s definitely still got it. 9:05 left in the first quarter from their game against Brisbane if you want to see it. Scoops up a ground ball IIRC then dodges and weaves a couple.
Sinclair seems to be playing an interesting role.

He doesn't seem to be starting back but drifts into defence and gets most of his touches in the back half.

Then he'll have little stints in the middle where he often has an impact.

I've always rated him but was just unsure where he'd fit in once Hill came as he's played his best footy on the wing prior to this year.

He's been huge for us this year.

Watching players like Clark, coff, King, paton, Steele and to a lesser extent long and sincs have big leaps in their development under ratts I really wish we drafted billings now and not when we did.

Don't get me wrong he's a decent b grade player but I think if ratts had of got to him earlier he'd be the star midfielder we are crying out for.

I woudnt be surprised if he was trade bait, worthy of a first rounder that could go towards an actual A grader.

he's one we should be getting a lot more out of than we are. will be interesting to see if he can get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back