List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus those 5 clubs get them at a discount giving them further advantage.

Dogs might get 3 players in the top 20 all at an advantage over us.

Meanwhile our postage stamp academy zone might one day generate a player we can swoop on at pick 60.
I wish they'd remove the discount. The discount now is in using other picks

I wish they'd remove the NGA and Father/Son bidding to create a truly open draft.

FTFY

Joe Daniher wants to leave Essendon. James Stewart didn't go to Collingwood. Players don't worry about the romance, they will just do what is best for them and their bank balance.

Meanwhile our postage stamp sized academy zone might one day generate a player we can swoop on at pick 60.

How would the points work for that though, they'd be drawing from next years picks to do it wouldn't they?

Meanwhile our postage stamp sized academy zone might one day generate a player we can swoop on at pick 60.

Yeah but that will be the year the AFL kills zones. Jose, born in Guatemala, raised in Mordialloc, Saints supporter all his life will go at pick 1 to the Gold Coast.

Hearing Brad Crouch will be a Saint during the 2020 FA period.

Couch's management met with the Saints mid season and were keen but due to Brad Hill and other issues they decided to wait a year until we can nab him at no cost.

Obviously things can change but this is a big one.

You can thank Johnny Ray in advance. 😎

Last edited:

Couch's anagement with the Saints mid season and were keen but due to Brad Hill and other issues they decided to wait a year until we can nab him at no cost.

Attachments

• 4b2dea50-eb01-4039-b86f-ea9dcb96b79d.mp4
    348.8 KB

Couch's management met with the Saints mid season and were keen but due to Brad Hill and other issues they decided to wait a year until we can nab him at no cost.

Interesting. Sam McClure today said:

"It wasn’t the first time in 2019 that Crouch had attempted to leave Adelaide. His former manager – Alex McDonald – held discussions with St Kilda earlier in the season. The Saints were initially interested but shut down negotiations at his asking price of more than $900,000 a season."

The name I haven't heard mentioned anywhere here is Zac Williams.

Terrific off HB, but played a bunch of games in the guts last year and was damn impressive in there as well.

Including a prelim final where he had 16 contested possessions, 10 clearances, 6 tackles and a goal.

Or a 3 Brownlow vote game of 32 disposals (15 contested), 10 clearances, 6 tackles and 5 inside-50's. From just 74% game time.

Given that he's eligible for FA and thus would only cost us cap space, I'd have him way up the top of my list.

With an eye to playing him in the midfield a heap of course.

Hill
Hannebery
Ross
Gresham
Williams
Clark
Billings
Steele
Jones

would be a pretty bloody talented, deep and versatile midfield group, with Dunstan and then Bytel/Byrnes as grunt etc options as well.

Last edited:
The name I haven't heard mentioned anywhere here is Zac Williams.

Terrific off HB, but played a bunch of games in the guts last year and was damn impressive in there as well.

Including a prelim final where he had 16 contested possessions, 10 clearances, 6 tackles and a goal.

Or a 3 Brownlow vote game of 32 disposals (15 contested), 10 clearances, 6 tackles and 5 inside-50's. From just 74% game time.

Given that he's eligible for FA and thus would only cost us cap space, I'd have him way up the top of my list.

With an eye to playing him in the midfield a heap of course.

Hill
Hannebery
Ross
Gresham
Williams
Clark
Billings
Steele
Jones

would be a pretty bloody talented and versatile midfield group, with Dunstan and then Bytel/Byrnes as grunt etc options as well.
No more HBF or not quite wingers

Would rather have potential mids cutting their teeth there like clark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard we are chasing a Docker pretty hard

I've thrown Zac Williams' name up before as a player I'd love us to get. He's wasted off a back flank.

Maybe with his new injury he might be open to solidifying his future dollar wise.

Go get him Gubby

I've thrown Zac Williams' name up before as a player I'd love us to get. He's wasted off a back flank.

Maybe with his new injury he might be open to solidifying his future dollar wise.

Go get him Gubby
TBF I haven't followed the trade threads like I usually would, so some like you would have mentioned him, but the only name I seem to read in other threads is Crouch, but given Brads injury history, I reckon I'd be at least as happy with Williams. Especially if he plays more really good footy in the guts this year.

What injury does he have?

TBF I haven't followed the trade threads like I usually would, so some like you would have mentioned him, but the only name I seem to read in other threads is Crouch, but given Brads injury history, I reckon I'd be at least as happy with Williams. Especially if he plays more really good footy in the guts this year.

What injury does he have?

Achilles tendinitis so due diligence required but he's a huge talent for sure

Still think not all is well at Port and Wines is a big chance to leave

Williams is a gun that can have an impact in a number of roles including the midfield.

I have followed him closely after watching him tear up a Riverina grand final as a 17 year old.

I'd be all for us going for him, but I don't see him leaving the Giants.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Going to be a huge salary cap squeeze there you would think, given Jeremy Cameron is eligible for FA as well. Clubs will come very hard for Zac.

Going to be a huge salary cap squeeze there you would think, given Jeremy Cameron is eligible for FA as well. Clubs will come very hard for Zac.
It's definitely going to get tight. They've been doing the list work over the last few years though.

Williams is a NSW boy and very close to the group so he'd almost have to be pushed out IMO.

Time will tell though.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back