List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait till the asking price
That much we can agree on. The asking price will be based on what clubs are prepared to pay and of course they will start at 2 first round picks.

I'm convinced there's going to be more to it though. Ollie's value isn't what it was, plus he's on big money, and if you believe the chatter Port wouldn't be too upset to let him go.

Both SA teams would be scrambling to extract Hatley out of GWS, but with the way the season is panning out Ports 1st wouldn't be enough, and the Crows 1st would be too much.

If we're able to supply a pick for Wines that Port could use for Hatley, l suspect that would be the main game and Ollie becomes a commodity.

The beauty of our list being so young already is that we can afford to trade our picks for a year or two.
I keep banging on that this is a great year to have a "surplus to needs" first round pick to sell to the highest bidder. I'm expecting we'll get maximum value if we're to trade it away..

After last year’s trading period I have absolute confidence in our recruiting team to get exactly the mid we want.
The team just has to do their best to make us an attractive club to join.

You gotta understand what the media is like in a 2 team town
Bickley just suggested it might be better for Adelaide if they sell off Brad Crouch then went on to suggest it would need to be pick 1 or 2.
The right thing for their football club would be to let him leave as a free agent. Finish bottom and take picks 1 and 2 to the draft.

As long as there is no fitness issues and the contract he demands is atleast 150k lower then the media’s reported 1m he wanted trade time last year. It’s a no brainer for us.

That finally gives us a star onballer. It’s still not a superstar midfield. But it should be enough ammunition.

We then must take our first pick to the draft. This time however, we take BPA and this kid can develop for 12 -18 months. There should be enough good young kids in front of him to allow him to work hard and win a spot on merit. Not on draft pick #

The clean skins are pretty cheap Joff
True Risky.

Ex teammate Wingard cost a bit but he’s covered in labels 😃

images

Is Caldwell a pig of a bloke like Marshall or Battle? More scum the better

Wanna hit the draft still so we don't stagnate the stockpile like Dees or Bombers

If by pig of a bloke you mean he drives a green commodore & will be treating the hub like the set of jersey shore then, yea. Pretty sure he drives a hotted up pink Nissan Silvia with a sick rear spoiler & a “yeah nah” sticker on the rear window.

What we have done really well in the last 3-4 years is identify good young and upcoming players from opposition clubs looking for opportunities: Bruce, Membrey, Steele.. Jones, Howard, Butler.

It’s working and we should keep at it.. target good young mids like Constable from Geelong, and Caldwell from GWS.. Fiorini from Suns..

Yeah probably a poor choice of words. However I still think a second. As I said hes been dropped, hes had injuries. It would be an early 2nd, say a 19-25 pick.

I wouldn't be adverse to the club sending a first for him, I mean at the end of the day he is the type of player we are targeting i imagine. But that's just my thought on what he's worth
I reckon a price similar to what we paid for Bruce would be pretty close to fair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id take that in a heart beat....port would probably tell us to shove it however
Reckon he'd cost a bit more than that
I’d suggest he is a 15 to 25 pick. Rather crouch myself.
I agree with all of you, but I thought the exact same about Bruce. I thought he was worth somewhere around Pick 20, and it sounds like the Saints did too, but it got done. Personally I would rate Wines as a late 1st pick, not far off what I felt Bruce was worth at the time

So long as the Saints don't show themselves to be desperate (which I don't think they will), it could definitely get done without having to involve a 1st. That is running on the assumption that he continues to flip flop in form as he has been so far this season.

I agree with all of you, but I thought the exact same about Bruce. I thought he was worth somewhere around Pick 20, and it sounds like the Saints did too, but it got done. Personally I would rate Wines as a late 1st pick, not far off what I felt Bruce was worth at the time

So long as the Saints don't show themselves to be desperate (which I don't think they will), it could definitely get done without having to involve a 1st. That is running on the assumption that he continues to flip flop in form as he has been so far this season.

I heard that we did you a favour with Bruce so you could do us a favour later.

May as well pack your bags now bont

I doubt the saints thought that. We basically told him to go so that lowers the pick number.

What we ended up getting for Bruce wasn't that far off the value of pick 20 I don't think

From memory we got 32 which we used to get Jones as well as 51 which we took to the draft to get Byrnes

Wines is an ex captain of the club though and whilst he's probably gone a bit stale, he's worth more than Josh Bruce

Last edited:
Wines is decent but he's so incredibly over rated it's not funny. Decent to good player at best.

He averages around 4 possessions a game more than Dunstan but wins more contested ball. He has less marks and worse disposal efficiency than Luke though so probably just the first use winning ability that makes him better. I think they are similar. Both early on looked like they might be guns, both have stayed a bit meh. Wines good games which only seem every 5 games or so are usually very good though where he gets 30 plus possessions. Luke is more consistent and generally gets low to mid 20s. Wines often gets low possession counts for some reason. To me he is an upgrade on Luke as a true inside mid but his limitations are the same ones Luke has.

There’s no comparison between Dunstan and Wines at all. Wines at least you could say is an AFL footballer I don’t see Dunstan being on a list in a year or two. He’s barely improved since he started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back