List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Cameron and Williams are most likely gone too.
Cameron is an interesting one, if staying you would think he would be signed up

How many finals have we won in those 5 years?
Same sort of arguments could have been made for not trading Bruce.
What about Clark? Or the potential ins from trades and FA?

We haven't made final because of Seb playing? You'd think we had a premiership in hand the way you are talking. We haven't made finals because of abysmally poor drafting, recruiting and list management. We probably would have made finals last year apart from injury. We are playing better than our list profile should, if we cull all older players we will have to recruit some.

I'm not saying he's untouchable but you'd want to swap him for experience.

We haven't made final because of Seb playing? You'd think we had a premiership in hand the way you are talking. We haven't made finals because of abysmally poor drafting, recruiting and list management. We probably would have made finals last year apart from injury. We are playing better than our list profile should, if we cull all older players we will have to recruit some.

I'm not saying he's untouchable but you'd want to swap him for experience.
He is far from untouchable if we can do deal where we come out on top, get it done while he has some value
I didn't mind armo he was a warrior that gave all he had, but we held on to him to long

How could they fit him in ? They're at breaking point now

I’m wondering the same thing. Not super familiar with their list but they have a lot of top end talent.

Grundy is on big money, murmurings that De Goey will re-sign on 2x900k, Moore would command big big money, Treloar on good coin already, Pendles/Sideass/Adams etc.

If they add Cameron and keep De Goey and Moore surely no way could they keep Mihocek and Stephenson. And even then, would the departure of those two plus a few retirements be enough to fund all that top end talent while adding Cameron? It’s got to be a serious squeeze.

Obviously super unlikely that Moore would be one to leave, but gee I’d love him at CHB...

Tom Morris in his chat said Caldwell a very real strong chance to be coming to the saints

this one feels like Jones did last year. i reckon we've probably got it done.

also mentioned we might be chasing a key defender given the carlisle stuff

What about Daniel Talia? He's about 29 but should have 3 or 4 years left and a bit of an uncompromising type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is far from untouchable if we can do deal where we come out on top, get it done while he has some value
I didn't mind armo he was a warrior that gave all he had, but we held on to him to long
Every single player is held on to long if you don’t play finals whilst they are at the club. But isn’t that hindsight. If we don’t play finals in the next 5 years we might say we hung on to Steele to long.

BrutThough made a good point about this yesterday I think.

Caldwell, RCD, etc have talent but are yet to show it so I wouldn’t be actively targeting anyone unless they’ve showed they are capable of a good run of games for their current team.

So if I had to pick between Williams and Caldwell I’m taking Williams without blinking. We’re ready to climb up the ladder, now.

BrutThough made a good point about this yesterday I think.

Caldwell, RCD, etc have talent but are yet to show it so I wouldn’t be actively targeting anyone unless they’ve showed they are capable of a good run of games for their current team.

So if I had to pick between Williams and Caldwell I’m taking Williams without blinking. We’re ready to climb up the ladder, now.

Williams & Caldwell aren’t an ‘either or’ situation though.

One will only cost us $.

The other a draft pick & less $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who thinks Adam Saad for $500k a year is crazy?

One of the best attacking defenders in the game but also pretty elite one on one. If we were planning to move Hunter into the middle, I’d absolutely be having a look at Saad. Would fit our game plan nicely as well

Cost? Maybe we trade them Ross straight swap. This could work as it allows Hunts in the middle for the now vacant spot. Risky, but I like it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont think it's a great year to be hitting the draft hard.

There are some really good mids around where our pick will be.

Getting Caldwell after two years is as good as going to the draft.

I don't see the small forward as a huge issue if we can strengthen the midfield and allow Gresham to spend more time there. Butler is the leading goal kicker for small forwards for the year and Gresham is a proven goal kicker when he plays there too.

Does anyone think that Bults is a little on or off? Like when he’s on he kicks four goals and brand his ball, but when’s he’s off he doesn’t touch it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back