List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that Bults is a little on or off? Like when he’s on he kicks four goals and brand his ball, but when’s he’s off he doesn’t touch it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably no more than most small forwards. He's no doubt getting a lot more attention than he was earlier in the year.

Having Gresham forward would help share the load I reckon.

Our list is absolutely primed to bring in Williams. Give him the Zak Jones experience. Our midfield is instantly upgraded with Jones/Hanners/Ross moving down the pecking order. Takes the pressure off our young guns Clark/Bytel while they develop and even takes some attention away from Steele.

Beat GWS, finish top 8. Give Williams the campaigner a nice pay rise and bring in Caldwell to add to the “elite potential” talent pool. Let Satan and Gags work their magic with some rubbish late picks and get ready for a big 2021.

Last edited:
"
"Obviously can play, but in a top 8 team is not a B&F winner"

My point still stands unless I'm confusing myself with what you're saying.
You quoted exactly what I meant. He could play in a finals team but would be third or 4th potato not the best at the club.

Can't see how you could confuse the meaning for anything else.

In other words big fish, little pond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the sounds of it GWS might not be a good place to be atm.

Aidan Corr gets a injury and moves straight out of the hub , not wanting to stick around for there final game , then the manager let's the player know if they don't want to be hear go.
It might just open the flood gates.

Corr , Williams , Cameron - surely will be moving - if they can't win a flag with a team stacked with talent they never will.
Also saying if they don't want to be here go would be putting the young kids who have not signed under pressure to sign , it could also get them to demand to leave and with Caldwell , Hately , O'Halloran and Perryman all unsigned just might encourage them to go back home.

Also next year Josh Kelly is a restricted free agent and knowing Kelly might want out he could well leave this year so they can get more for him draft wise.

By the sounds of it management know players are going and they are not to happy - we might be getting a bit more than Caldwell.

Well that fu**s that up then. Maybe thats why he's on my mind today.
Anyway why would be looking at a guy older than what we all ready have - Carlisle has not yet turned 29

We lose Carlisle we should be looking at someone who is around the 24 / 25 age to grow with the team
I would look at
Alex Pearce - hasn't played this year , is in Fremantle's leadership group - word has it he is not happy with Freo's management of injuries.
Sam Taylor -
from GWS
Darcy Moore - from Pies
Jarrod Brander - Eagles

Cameron from GWS will be heading to a club and it will be interesting who he goes to.
I feel the Swans will most probably take him or have will Carlton or The Demons make room for him.
Magpies need another forward as well , whatever happens it might force a player out.

BrutThough made a good point about this yesterday I think.

Caldwell, RCD, etc have talent but are yet to show it so I wouldn’t be actively targeting anyone unless they’ve showed they are capable of a good run of games for their current team.

So if I had to pick between Williams and Caldwell I’m taking Williams without blinking. We’re ready to climb up the ladder, now.
I'm pretty sure we can do both.
One is a RFA on big money, the other is a kid on little more than minimum (AFL) wage.

Since we need both, l think we do both..

And that 2009 "goal" Hawkins kicked would have been a behind this year. And that "goal" was at a stage in the game when the Cats were just not able to get goals. It opened the floodgates for them.
Went straight down from the bounce after that for a Varcoe goal as well.

You feel it’s unlikely we’re in for Crouch or Williams if we haven’t been linked to them at all. I mean with the amount of players we’ve been linked to over the last few years.

I like what Williams can do but I think we need bigger more consistent guys in the middle. Very hard to find those who can also actually use it.

If Jake goes, I think we will be doing some real business this trade period, otherwise I think it looks minimal.

Didn't we split picks in the last trading period?
I’m not sure. We may have. But I covered that earlier. When you are a bottom 6 side than good players can help you improve But when you are a top 8 side you need very good to star players to help you take the final step. Splitting picks will only get goodish players at best. Secondly I was more talking about the draft anyway. Thirdly I’m unsure we did split picks. We may have but I thought it was more trading players for 2 picks. That is a bit different than making pick 9 pick 22 and 23

Last edited:
Cameron is an interesting one, if staying you would think he would be signed up

I would bet a fair bit that he is a done deal at Essendon.

Every chance the Giants are going to get one back on the Swans for Buddy and 'Average' Joe will be in orange next year...

I would bet a fair bit that he is a done deal at Essendon.

Every chance the Giants are going to get one back on the Swans for Buddy and 'Average' Joe will be in orange next year...
Why would the Giants go after Dainher?

Cameron is a far better player than him, and the only way to get Daniher would be to let Cameron go?

Why would the Giants go after Dainher?

Cameron is a far better player than him, and the only way to get Daniher would be to let Cameron go?

Other way around. Essendon loading up for Jez.

With Cameron gone, Daniher is the immediate replacement for GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back