List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense with Long and Coffield taking their spots.

You would think Roberton would be a good pickup for North in a player/coach role. They are trading out and delisting so many players that they will need some senior players and won't need to worry about his salary with so much space.

I would also think Webster would be a good Saad replacement for Essington.
Webster to Essendon makes a lot of sense. I could even see him being a good fit at Melbourne who need some run and foot skills in their team.

I can see a lot of teams being scared off by Robbo and with how little we would get in a trade for him, I would rather keep him for that coaching/leadership he brings off field. And he is handy depth for the backline which we won't have much of anymore.

Just not a fan of him as a player and not going to pretend to be just because he nominated us.

The reported 600k rather than 700k is more palatable but I'd rather spend more and use draft picks on a better mid than have Crouch. And if Adelaide do match the bid, I will be pissed if we dont walk away. He isn't worth a trade.
And you don’t need to pretend. Opinion and views are what makes us normal. I’m not convinced he’ll win us a flag, but on the other hand, he’s a mature ball winning big bodied mid that we crave. Does he improve us? 100% I would think. Will he help get us into a top 4 position? I think, but time will tell.

Just not a fan of him as a player and not going to pretend to be just because he nominated us.

The reported 600k rather than 700k is more palatable but I'd rather spend more and use draft picks on a better mid than have Crouch. And if Adelaide do match the bid, I will be pissed if we dont walk away. He isn't worth a trade.
Who would you have in mind?

Someone Treloar would cost us substantially more in both draft picks and money for not much more output and pretty much suck the well dry.

Crouch comes cheap with no draft costs and leaves us free to bulk up our current pick with some trades to look at either another quality mid or split our picks and chase some OOC youngsters or a variety of other options.

No brainer as far as I am concerned.

One thing is for certain - Lethlean and Gags are operating on some super ninja level compared to the previous few years.

Last edited:

I think it might be a case of hanners playing less games.

Ross was a shut down player for us in the 2nd half of 2020. Crouch sint coming in as a shut down player.

Hes coming in as a inside mid to win his own ball.

I think ross still has a starting place in that midfield as a stopper.

Hanners is the one who I think will be pushed out from the inside and will play more wing.
I think Ross has only been a shut down player since Steele was given a bigger role in the midfield. If you look at Ross' role in 2018 & 2019 you could surmise that Ratts swapped Ross and Steele around and made Ross the tagger and Steele the B&F winning midfielder.

If you do a stats comparison of Steele's 2020 and Ross' 2018-19 you won't see a huge difference except Steele is more inside than Ross was, which is perhaps the point of the swap.

Also lol at Carlton.

Gave a second rounder (pick 28) for Mathew Kennedy who has been bog average. Also gave a future second for Setterfield who has improved but hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

They also traded with GWS for Picket, Plowman, Sumner, Jed Lamb and Andrew Phillips.

Meanwhile, we gave a future second for Steele who came third in the brownlow.

It really is about quality over quantity with recruits.
Rate Setterfield. No Steele but been more than solid and time on his side.

Crouch is an absolute, stone-cold, no-brainer for us.

First and foremost, he’s a free agent; no picks to give up, that’s huge.

Second, we already have the outsiders to run and carry. What we don’t have enough of is the accumulators. And like him or hate him, no one can deny this bloke is one of the best few accumulators of the ball in the competition.

The third thing that is most pleasing is that when the Crows were the best team in the comp back in 2017, who was the bloke that excelled at the coal face in their final’s series, shoveling the ball out to their prime outside movers? B Crouch.

Perfect match for us and another great off-season moment for the club and supporters. We’re beginning to make a habit of this.

Right player, at the right time for the right price.
That's what I'd call a compelling argument!

I think they will get an end of first round pick & take their medicine. If they wanted to keep him they would already have an offer in front of him.

Correct. If they’d wanted to keep him they would have offered the same if not more. It’s not as though they have salary cap pressure.

I think Crouch’s recent transgression crystallised Adelaide’s view that it was time to move on.

A very good day indeed 🌞

rBywFWu.jpg

Interesting... though that yellow text is hard to read... could be any park!

According to this. We would be offering crouch less then 700k per year.

so band 2 at best, which i suspect will be a stretch, meaning more like band 3. which would be their 2nd rounder?

there's not gonna be much difference between our first rounder and their 2nd rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk about Steele being able to go forward since we get crouch - do people realise that we are just robbing Peter to pay Paul that way?

leave Steele in the middle for heavens sake. That’s where he’s most damaging.

RESTING forward

it's important for Steeles development IMO we need him to become more offensive

one of the big issues Ratts raised is our midfield does not score enough goals. sending Steele forward in parts might help that. similar to dusty spending a lot of time forward.

Didn’t we try and move Dunstan last year but had not suitable offers? Seems the few in this board that rate him are a part of the absolute minority.

so band 2 at best, which i suspect will be a stretch, meaning more like band 3. which would be their 2nd rounder?

there's not gonna be much difference between our first rounder and their 2nd rounder.
It'll be band 2 I'd say, so end of first.

So it's take pick 20 or match and try and get our pick 15

Who would you have in mind?

Someone Treloar would cost us substantially more in both draft picks and money for not much more output and pretty much suck the well dry.

Crouch comes cheap with no draft costs and leaves us free to bulk up our current pick with some trades to look at either another quality mid or split our picks and chase some OOC youngsters or a variety of other options.

No brainer as far as I am concerned.

One thing is for certain - Lethlean and Gags are operating on some super ninja level compared to the previous few years.
Would prefer we went all in on Treloar even if he cost most. The few hamstring issues he's had this year and in 2018 which would be a slight concern, but overall is a better player, more dynamic and could be played in multiple positions rather than only the centre square.

The Crows can’t be serious that Crouch should net them pick 2? If they get it it should be a surprise not a given. If he wasn’t a free agent but out of contract I expect he would be worth a pick between 10-15. They should take an end of first / pick 20 & move on.

they will. they will get nervous the longer trade week goes on and will eventually concede he is going.

It'll be band 2 I'd say, so end of first.

So it's take pick 20 or match and try and get our pick 15

that sounds right.

i can't see them haggling that. if it goes to trade they will actually risk not getting anything at all.

Correct. If they’d wanted to keep him they would have offered the same if not more. It’s not as though they have salary cap pressure.

I think Crouch’s recent transgression crystallised Adelaide’s view that it was time to move on.

I think your both correct.

the interesting thing is thatRiccuito said the crows would start having trade talks with us now.

maybe there is something in those hypothetical sweetener discussions.

I think Ross has only been a shut down player since Steele was given a bigger role in the midfield. If you look at Ross' role in 2018 & 2019 you could surmise that Ratts swapped Ross and Steele around and made Ross the tagger and Steele the B&F winning midfielder.

If you do a stats comparison of Steele's 2020 and Ross' 2018-19 you won't see a huge difference except Steele is more inside than Ross was, which is perhaps the point of the swap.

spot on agree entirely. every side pretty much has a tagger. a mid that will do a run with role.

we obviously don't want Steele doing that role. so if it's not going to be ross, who is going to do it?

i doubt we will be getting crouch to do it! we'd be wanting him to do more in there along with steele!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back