List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Gags, I'm feeling 1+1 = Brodie Mihochek
McKernan is an insurance policy.

For those not listening, he's basically said nothing - doesn't want to spend too much, intends no disrespect to who we may be looking at.

Still think Ben brown would have been a great target

take heat of king, either way one of them would kick 50.

Adelaide would be silly to match 5 years if Crouch is supposedly happy to stay in SA. I hope we call their bluff and walk away if they force a trade

The only reason we were looking to test the market was for the opportunity of an over-inflated draft pick. I'd say we'll match, and then see if any pick offers pop up in the trade period. He's nominated Saints as his club of choice in regards to a FA offer, but if we match then it essentially opens him back up to the market again. Regardless of whatever you read from AFL journo hacks, the actual stuff coming out of the mouths of both the player and his agent would indicate he'd be happy to stay in Adelaide if the right deal can't be achieved for both parties.

I'd be stoked if we could get him for 4 years with a trigger for a 5th on $700K per year.

Interesting. What gives you that idea? I mean why specifically Mihocek.

The only reason we were looking to test the market was for the opportunity of an over-inflated draft pick. I'd say we'll match, and then see if any pick offers pop up in the trade period. He's nominated Saints as his club of choice in regards to a FA offer, but if we match then it essentially opens him back up to the market again. Regardless of whatever you read from AFL journo hacks, the actual stuff coming out of the mouths of both the player and his agent would indicate he'd be happy to stay in Adelaide if the right deal can't be achieved for both parties.

I'd be stoked if we could get him for 4 years with a trigger for a 5th on $700K per year.
Mate, if you match he either gets traded to the Saints or takes the Crows offer.

He isn't leaving to go on considerably less money than what is being offered.

If we somehow * up the crouch move and he doesn’t come to us, what are we going to even do this trade period?

this could be pretty dull unfortunately.

No club has ever matched. It doesn’t happen. The Dangerfield deal was done outside of FA rules.

McKernan is an insurance policy.

For those not listening, he's basically said nothing - doesn't want to spend too much, intends no disrespect to who we may be looking at.
I don't think what he says equates to Mihocheck.

He mentioned looking for an option to keep our structure if we were to get an injury. He wouldn't be keen to come over as a depth player.

Gallagher

Looking at a forward option to cover injuries. McKernan one of a number spoken to

No talk on Dunstan leaving according to Gags

Caldwell possibly worried about Crouch recruitment.

Carlisle, deal in front of him hoping for a resolution in the next week. Deal in front of Lonie, some interest from others.

Paton final stages, finished in days. Billings OOC next year, will look at over summer.

Feel like they want to keep Snake as Gags mentioned we are light on down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gallagher

Looking at a forward option to cover injuries. McKernan one of a number spoken to

No talk on Dunstan leaving according to Gags

Caldwell possibly worried about Crouch recruitment.

Carlisle, deal in front of him hoping for a resolution in the next week. Deal in front of Lonie, some interest from others.

Paton final stages, finished in days. Billings OOC next year, will look at over summer.

Feel like they want to keep Snake as Gags mentioned we are light on down back.
Sounds like with Carlisle, we've offer one year. Other clubs have offered 3 but they are all down the bottom of the ladder.

I reckon if we meet in the middle with 2 years, all parties will agree.

Who is the player?

McKernan. He also said we are looking at players out of contract aswell as delisted.

Slightly misleading as he ends his statement with. “I haven’t been told they are wanting to go elsewhere” not that the reports are incorrect.

in the end Gags was so coy. He only committed to Paton being done in the next few days.
Gave nothing else up.

McKernan. He also said we are looking at players out of contract aswell as delisted.

Slightly misleading as he ends his statement with. “I haven’t been told they are wanting to go elsewhere” not that the reports are incorrect.

in the end Gags was so coy. He only committed to Paton being done in the next few days.
Gave nothing else up.
The 'at this stage' says it all really.

Interesting. What gives you that idea? I mean why specifically Mihocek.
I don't have intel. Just reading between the lines, could be way way off.

McKernan is an easy sign, he's there if we want him as he's already delisted from Essendon. Aiming for 1, maybe 2 in the trade period. I feel we're aiming just a slightly bit higher than Shaun, but not as high as a Ben Brown as that would be overcommitting on $$ and probably picks.

I don't think you'll have to pay more at all either. According to Crouch's manager he believes the offer is 'around the mark' for what should constitute Band 1 compensation, but conceded that the AFL had a large amount of 'discretionary' power in determining the actual pick..'

I honestly have no idea what the likely outcome is, but I love seeing BigFooty rumours end up as actual trade scenarios in the media. Nice to know they pop on here from time to time!

Just a heads up, speaking to the Dogs board, there were a couple adamant that Webster would be with them in 2021. We will see.

I don't have intel. Just reading between the lines, could be way way off.

McKernan is an easy sign, he's there if we want him as he's already delisted from Essendon. Aiming for 1, maybe 2 in the trade period. I feel we're aiming just a slightly bit higher than Shaun, but not as high as a Ben Brown as that would be overcommitting on $$ and probably picks.

To me it sounded like back up. We are recruiting someone that is happy to play VFL unless injuries to best 22.

The 'at this stage' says it all really.
Honest assessment.

we need answers from Agents on Lonie Carlisle and Webster + Dunstan.

Gags says we will bring in 1 maybe 2 which includes Crouch. Then lists key forward and key back as areas we are light in. So his numbers don’t add up and how can he honestly answer any of that interview when he doesn’t have a full picture

it was a waste of time in all honesty.
Also the Ben Browne part. Okay we won’t pay him 700k and yes he isn’t the future. We already knew this.

However he Specifically says I’m not ruling anyone in or out.

If they wanted to play hard ball with the Saints, Adelaide could threaten to trade Crouch for Orazio Fantasia, but that seems highly unlikely.

What genius came up with this? I'm struggling to imagine the sequence of events that would lead to this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back