List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as price goes, probably a second rounder gets it done, maybe with a saints-favoured third round pick swap in there too. but you guys haven't a second or third, so maybe:

richmond get: pick 15, pick 55
st kilda get: J. Higgins, pick 32, future 2nd round.
We love trading our future second

as far as price goes, probably a second rounder gets it done, maybe with a saints-favoured third round pick swap in there too. but you guys haven't a second or third, so maybe:

I'd hope our #15 is no-where near the discussion for a guy unable to get a regular AFL game, but you never know.

Future 2nd maybe.

Can't happen as we dont have a 2nd rounder this year.

Sounds like you think he's be best suited to play Dean Kent's role in our side. He'd likely be an upgrade there.
Agree, Lonie required as Higgins plays more like Kent.

Would happily do that deal but that values Higgins at 50ish probably too low

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app
i think it's more likely to happen as we're notoriously happy to receive unders for guys who want more opportunity.

club will value two late first round picks to chase some sliding key position quality more than a plethora of 30s and 40s. similar to the 2017 draft we we grabbed balta and coleman jones at 20 and 25, just after hig at 18... :(

55 matches a potential bid for maurice junior.

Wasn’t the part of the reason we let BJ go because we were starting a rebuild? The comparison with Billings isn’t fair either. If we didn’t see him as part of our next flag tilt would we want to get something for him to use on someone who might be part of that? Instead of keeping him for 5 years? I would say yes we would. Which is the exact Adelaide situation right now.
Yes it was part of it, the other part of was that our salary cap was about to burst.

HB: Clark - xxxxx - Coffield
RK: Ryder - Steele - Crouch
CR: Hill - Gresham - Jones
HF: Billings - Membrey - Higgins
FF: Butler - King - Marshall
IC: Battle Hannebery

That’ll do...
Look I'm as optimistic as anyone about next year but even I think we should probably include a full back line.

Sounds like you think he's be best suited to play Dean Kent's role in our side. He'd likely be an upgrade there.
yep, likely. frees up gresham and billings a touch too. its a nice move, this.

Higgins's best is definitely better than Lonies best. I still just don't know if he's best 22. I feel like this could be recruiting a b-grade forward which forces a potential a-grade forward (Billings) to play as a b-grade winger.

I reckon I would prefer a Tom Philips level winger to be honest.

Having said that, price will be a huge factor. If we get another Butler type bargain I wouldn't complain.

Get the feeling Higgins is the sort of guy to have done no due diligence and just nominated his childhood team which would help us haha.
Tom Phillips? Have you watched him play? Has literally no effect on the game. No thanks

I get what you're saying but I dont think its as easy as that. Theres a lot of variables that go into it. Let's say Billings has a bid from adelaide this year, we have the capacity to match it or take pick 2, we take pick 2. Do we take it if its pick 20? I don't think so. Also adelaide have the $$$ to match, so why wouldn't they if theyre not going to get the pick they want? We didn't match goddard or dal because we didn't have the $$$ and desperately wanted their salaries off our books so I think its a poor comparison.
Easy thing to do is just pay Crouch a bit extra to make sure they don't match, I think everyone would agree its better to slightly overpay and keep our first pick.
We chose the draft picks over keeping Dal and Goddard.

Same scenario as crouch. Question was asked for months about the club offering a deal etc.

In the end the pelican went for picks. The crows have done the same thing and are supposedly going to try re-sign him because it looks like pick 2 is off the table.

He adds no value to their rebuild and the argument is a 5 pick upgrade. That’s the nuts and bolts of their stupidity.

Secondly, imagine your employer throwing you out the front door because he thinks he will get someone with more potential... then says nah you can come back. I’ll match the guaranteed portion of whatever that other mob would give you, I couldn’t get better.

Its pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hope our #15 is no-where near the discussion for a guy unable to get a regular AFL game, but you never know.

Future 2nd maybe.
from richmond's perspective they want to move a guy who wants more senior oppor., it's just how its worked the last few year with lloydy, concs, snippa miles, buts et al.

but we're also starting to need another young tall, and hig is 21 and has exposed really good form. not pulling the "first round pick so give us one back lol" stunt however.

15 alone does not cut it, but with a few seconds going back your way i think it's realistic. you could also just say flat out now, and go get a second rounder to exchange, which probably works as well.

Look I'm as optimistic as anyone about next year but even I think we should probably include a full back line.
Hi Sandra.

The question should be how many FA's have been matched? If the answer is zero, we are at a whole new ball game

I have no doubt that the Crows would have matched for Danger. The thing that went in their favour - not that you could call it a favour - was that their coach was killed in that year.
And that is as close as we have gotten.

I think Higgins is a good fit. Ratten clearly likes the three small forwards. The problem this year was that Lonie, Kent and Butler are all goal sneak type players who don't get involved in play very much. Kent and Butler did play higher up the ground at times but none are suited to being high half forwards really. There were times this year when you'd get less than 30 touches between all three small forwards. Higgins averages 16 disposals a game, so about 5 more than our current smalls.

Higgins is more of a genuine high half forward who can go through the midfield and push back deep. Gives that small forward trio a bit more versatility and balance.

Can we just for a moment stop with the if they match we won't sign.
Do you honestly think that by courting a player, making him nominate us and then when it gets too tough that we walk away.
How would that look for any potential FA's in the future.
Or we could just bend over hey? Then the rest of the comp know that we will do that willingly in future negotiations.
FA compensation is there for the Crows. If they don't like it bad luck.
Not a massive fan of Crouch. Will take him for free but giving up a 1st is just stupid.

Yes it was part of it, the other part of was that our salary cap was about to burst.
I believe from Goddards interview he says he wanted 650 and we went with 550.

For a $100k do you not think we could of not met in the middle or moved someone else on? The list wasn’t flush with must keeps at Goddards level.

We went with picks. The actual point of my argument, was that you can’t rebuild and decide to keep your better mid who won’t be around for your next challenge. It’s a contradiction of each point when you consider crouch’s age + the fact that we are taking our pick 15 or there compo pick 20. Negligible difference.

We chose the draft picks over keeping Dal and Goddard.

Same scenario as crouch. Question was asked for months about the club offering a deal etc.

In the end the pelican went for picks. The crows have done the same thing and are supposedly going to try re-sign him because it looks like pick 2 is off the table.

He adds no value to their rebuild and the argument is a 5 pick upgrade. That’s the nuts and bolts of their stupidity.

Secondly, imagine your employer throwing you out the front door because he thinks he will get someone with more potential... then says nah you can come back. I’ll match the guaranteed portion of whatever that other mob would give you, I couldn’t get better.

Its pathetic.
Finally we can agree on something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back