List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Crouch has committed and a lot of talk about Higgins but i still believe there will be another "name" player that St Kilda will target and land over the trade period.
Watch this space!!!!
13 years between posts.

How the hell did you even remember your password?

If higgins does come,

I hope we put a media ban on him straight away
i actually think this is a bad idea.

his misso posted the rant on a private instagram story that got leaked to media. stupid but a bit dodgy ethically to report on.

his character, bubbliness and excitement got us over the line in many a game in 2018 where we were mentally cooked. he was our best finals player, unbelievably.

FB: Paton Howard Wilkie
HB: Coffield Carlisle* Long
C: Hill Steele Jones
HF: Gresham Membrey Billings
FF: Butler King Marshall
RR: Ryder Crouch Clark
IC: Sinclair Ross Higgins Battle

It's a pretty flexible line up. Clark will probably still spend some time at half back and Jones will spend a fair bit of time on the inside. Billings, Gresham, Clark, Marshall, Sinclair, Higgins, Battle are all genuine mulitiple position players. Not including Hannebery as he gets on the park for 1/3 of games and I don't think you can plan around a player who features that infrequently. When he does play it is a bonus.

Or we could just bend over hey? Then the rest of the comp know that we will do that willingly in future negotiations.
FA compensation is there for the Crows. If they don't like it bad luck.
Not a massive fan of Crouch. Will take him for free but giving up a 1st is just stupid.

Jump the gun a bit there did you?

Where in there did I say we bend over?

i actually think this is a bad idea.

his misso posted the rant on a private instagram story that got leaked to media. stupid but a bit dodgy ethically to report on.

his character, bubbliness and excitement got us over the line in many a game in 2018 where we were mentally cooked. he was our best finals player, unbelievably.
Yeah was just a bit of cheek.
I do like hearing him in interviews. Just needs a bit of training.
He’s actually really different in person, and I think he gets nervous when on camera/mic.

from richmond's perspective they want to move a guy who wants more senior oppor., it's just how its worked the last few year with lloydy, concs, snippa miles, buts et al.

but we're also starting to need another young tall, and hig is 21 and has exposed really good form. not pulling the "first round pick so give us one back lol" stunt however.

15 alone does not cut it, but with a few seconds going back your way i think it's realistic. you could also just say flat out now, and go get a second rounder to exchange, which probably works as well.
I can’t see how our first will be involved that’s just not happening Imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big fan of this.

Higgins is small and not lightning quick but he has really good hands and is extremely creative and instinctual with ball in hand. He's the perfect player to take a grab on the forward flank and very quickly hit up a target before defences get set. Lonie and Kent don't have the marking ability, and Membrey (who plays a similar role these days) while a great marker is very hesitant with ball in hand and usually takes too long to release it.

Or we could just bend over hey? Then the rest of the comp know that we will do that willingly in future negotiations.
FA compensation is there for the Crows. If they don't like it bad luck.
Not a massive fan of Crouch. Will take him for free but giving up a 1st is just stupid.

Exactly.

"Hello Brad , we know you'll be a free agent this year , would you come to the Saints "
"Sure mate, if the deal is right, i'd like a bit of security "
"OK we'd give you $X for 4 years , and a 5th if you are still playing good footy "
" Yeah would be good, i'll nominate you "

DOES NOT
equate to "Brad, we'll give up as many draft picks as we need to to get you ".

In matching , we don't have the opportunity to turn around and say, "ok now we'll offer more money and see if he becomes band 1 "

If the Crows are stupid enough to match, and Brad really prefers out ( who wouldn't ) , we do to the Crows what the Pies did to StKilda 2009.

I know I’ve said this like a million times but if we secure crouch through FA I think our first move should be to split picks and use that to get everything done.

also maybe for once we can leave our future 2nd or 3rd out of it.

I know I’ve said this like a million times but if we secure crouch through FA I think our first move should be to split picks and use that to get everything done.

also maybe for once we can leave our future 2nd or 3rd out of it.
Get rid of Lonie and send that pick for Higgins.

What we we get for any of the others package some up and improve our picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back