List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Treloar contract situation and Collingwood's desperation feels suspicious. With us already having Crouch committed to us, I dont think locking ourselves into Treloar's enormous contract for the next 5 years is necessary.

Crouch in, Gresham back in and Clark as a full time mid. That's already a large amount of improvement on the midfield we had in the semi final.
Plus we have Bytel and Byrnes developing and Bytels 3 games straight in the guts were very promising

I hope DeGoey pulls out of the contract he is going to sign , they held him on the last contract how they stood by him and he gave up the big money that was being thrown around - then Buckley says he wants more money.
The way they are dealing with Treloar he has to have 2nd thoughts about staying at the club.

Jakey and north are close to finalising a deal. Longer terms a big factor.
Can also rule out any chance of Jesse Hogan too, heading to greater west of Sydney.

Jakey and north are close to finalising a deal. Longer terms a big factor.
Can also rule out any chance of Jesse Hogan too, heading to greater west of Sydney.
any word on this Treloar stuff mate?

With Carlisle going we need to go after Alex Pearce or Brennan Cox from Fremantle , the other is Brander from WCE.
What trade wise could we get for him ? a late 2nd round draft pick.

With Carlisle going Lonie might of more of a chance of staying.
Just hope they have a good replacement for Carlisle and have a idea on how to get it done.
Would be great to use our first round pick in the draft.

We are in trouble without Carlisle. I’m actually pissed off about this - we saw why we need two 198+cm defenders quite a few times this year and can’t just send Wilkie & Coff to play on talls.

No snake = the backline loses major confidence & we don’t play as strong or in order.
Doogs + Snake is THE combo. Surely if we haven’t given him a go at all, Clav can’t be the answer and no one else in the backline depth can replace Jake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are in trouble without Carlisle. I’m actually pissed off about this - we saw why we need two 198+cm defenders quite a few times this year and can’t just send Wilkie & Coff to play on talls.

No snake = the backline loses major confidence & we don’t play as strong or in order.
Doogs + Snake is THE combo. Surely if we haven’t given him a go at all, Clav can’t be the answer and no one else in the backline depth can replace Jake.
Perhaps Ratten and Gallagher feel that we can make do with Clavarino for 1year before we bring Ben King down to to Linton Street.
If Clavarino turns out to be solid so much more better, but they probably feel he won't be the difference between us maintaining the same level or stepping down the ladder for one year.

Perhaps Ratten and Gallagher feel that we can make do with Clavarino for 1year before we bring Ben King down to to Linton Street.
If Clavarino turns out to be solid so much more better, but they probably feel he won't be the difference between us maintaining the same level or stepping down the ladder for one year.
Neither Clavarino or Ben King are key defenders.

Agree. I was in the Adelaide forums all year and watched quite a few of their games because I like to be on the same wavelength as some of my Crows mates when we discuss footy. Matt was chastised for most of the year for not being hard enough, looking for cheap and meaningless stats which often put team mates in horrible positions (regularly handballed to disadvantage or backwards), was slow, kicks weren't penetrating, awful awareness, and the list goes on. Granted he hit back in the last five games of the year but make no mistake, Matt had a limited impact for a majority of the year and Brad is the far better Crouch. Outside of Laird who really came on as a mid this year, Brad is their best mid and we should be rapt to be getting him.
Laird is the least damaging player in the league.

Will be pissed if Carlisle leaves.

Understand he needs to look after his future , but gee we have stood by him and not got much return between the time out with back and suspension.

North already have Tarrant are getting Corr , should be rebuilding not investing in old players.

I guess security is security but outside of extra years Jake will be miserable playing in losing teams.

If he goes we need more than a back up we need a starting key defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back